TBH I'm quite tempted just to grab a 4K 32" HDR Monitor for PS5 if I can find one. Do we even know if PS5 supports 1440p yet? Thank you for signing up to PC Gamer. Yeah, if you were saying PC I would have said 1440p since DLSS is going to be a game-changer as it continues to be implemented in more games, but with a console I'd definitely go 4K/60. (About £11). It feels really wasteful to upgrade to a new monitor/TV to get 120Hz even though my monitor already supports 120Hz via displayport -.-, same here!! Wait for HDMI 2.1 monitors, but if you had to choose, i'd go with a 4k60hz one. Next gen consoles set to drive 4K high refresh pricing down. That more limited HDR support should translate into lower pricing, however, so the Acer may turn out to be the pick of this trio. You could just google hdmi to display Port cable. Monitors are in a tough spot right now and a new TV would probably be better but I'm planning on using the Xbox Series X and potentially the PS5 at a desk with a 27-32-inch screen, making use of quick resume and faster loading times to play for half an hour here and there during the day rather than waiting solely for the evening and a couch setup. For this to work with the new Xbox Series X|S make sure the monitor has HDMI 2.0. I have a 144Hz monitor but mainly play with 60fps and sometimes even 30fps but the VRR make all the difference. Best SSD for gaming: get into the game ahead of the rest. While gaming at 120 fps or higher is great (fps > resolution), the number of console games supporting framerates higher than 60 fps will most likely be very limited. It’s a 32-inch 4K model aimed squarely at the new consoles. Unless you’re going to play a lot of last gen MP games that might get 120 hz versions, get the 4k60 no contest. People forget that if VRR works as advertised you don't need to hold a steady 120 fps to take advantage of high framerates, even games with variable framerate say in the 80-100 range will offer a noticeable improvement in feel and motion clarity over 60 fps. Way more games will be 4k than 120hz. I don't expect frame rates to stay very high after a couple years, so I'm going with 4k 60hz. Which of these two should I be using for the PS5? I might just try and pick up a cheaper 4k monitor for a year or two, and then upgrade when HDMI 2.1 becomes more affordable pending the regularity of 120fps modes. For XBOX a 1440p120 capable monitor is a no brainer.

Here’s hoping! Again, we’re expecting to see both of these screens early next year and indeed a number of similar models from other brands, the arrival of which should make for a competitive market place and hopefully lower pricing.

Receive mail from us on behalf of our trusted partners or sponsors. The one possible snag? Visit our corporate site. That’s a very exciting combination. i cant speak to 144hz but 60 vs 120. yes there is a difference but its no where near the jump 30 to 60 is. So far, prices have tended to be pretty painful, especially given the relatively modest overall proportions of a 27-inch monitor. We now know many games will run at 120fps.

Edit: lots of assumption below that the PS5 will output at 1440p/144Hz. Receive news and offers from our other brands? Hold off for HDMI 2.1 (and hopefully better HDR support too). I"m going to assume it's going to be the 144 hz monitor. I know that there will be some higher fps support for both consoles but I would still expect 60 (and even 30) to be the most common fps targets. Between the choices 4K/60, but the real answer is to hold off for HDMI 2.1 4K monitors. Press J to jump to the feed. Until recently, the high-refresh 4K monitor market was populated largely by 27-inch models, such as the LG UltraGear 27GN950. It seems there is a huge market for a HDMI 2.1 / 4K / HDR Monitor for PC and the new Consoles. Wait wait wait... the people here saying that the consoles can't do 144Hz: I'd bet a good chunk of money that this would only require a firmware/software update and both consoles would have no problem putting out 144Hz hardware-wise. But a DisplayPort 1.4 socket is also included, which widens the range of compatible GPUs for running at 4K and 120Hz. The better to hook up to those new consoles, the 328M1R comes complete with three HDMI 2.1 ports. The really exciting bit is that the new models, including the Philips Momentum 328M1R, Acer Predator XB323QK, and Viewsonic Elite XG320U, are expected to be very competitively priced compared to existing 27-inch 4K high refresh monitors. If a game is locked to 60fps then it will run at 60fps regardless of hz on your monitor. Thanks for the responses. The amount of games you'd have that would even come close to reaching that framerate would be extremely slim since most developers will push visuals more than framerate and there is no DLSS option on these consoles. If you were on PC then I'd definitely say 1440/144hz. For PC, on a 27" screen there's no need for anything over 1440p and much need for 144hz+.

Yeah for consoles on a 60+" 4K TV 6-10 feet away, go 4K/60. Monitors from Viewsonic, Acer, and Philips are among a new generation of displays to bring 4K high refresh to the 32-inch form factor. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Is there a cable that will go from a ps5 (hdmi) to a 144hz monitor (DisplayPort) while still keeping 144hz or atleast 120hz? You said it was for consoles. Currently, we don’t have pricing for those models, which are slightly more PC centric and so may well be more expensive than the impressively affordable Philips. That’s because [email protected] support for consoles requires the very latest HDMI 2.1 interface. But at those frames is your monitor only 1080p? However, DisplayPort 1.4 is supported by older generation GPUs, including the Nvidia GTX 10 series. These are my current monitors. If you are planning to get Xbox Series X, which does support 1440p resolution, do check our list of best gaming monitors for Xbox Series X. The Xbox Series X and PS5 are breeding a new wave of affordable 32-inch 4K 144Hz gaming monitors By Jeremy Laird 10 November 2020 Next gen consoles set to drive 4K high refresh pricing … Gaming on a 1440p monitor with 120 fps is glorious. Below mention gaming monitors for PS5 are 4K monitors that you can consider for your PS5 Gaming Setup. If you are in hurry or confused about PS5 Gaming Monitor… If that’s the case I would much rather look at a 4K 65 inch tv since next gen consoles will be aiming for that either 60 or 120hz and HDR with HDMI 2.1 for the variable refresh rate.