38 So Absalom fled, and went to Geshur, and was there three years. 2 Amnon became so obsessed with his sister Tamar that he made himself ill. She was a virgin, and it seemed impossible for him to do anything to her. 24 And Absalom came to the king, and said, Behold now, thy servant hath sheepshearers; let the king, I beseech thee, and his servants go with thy servant.

And she took flour, and kneaded it, and made cakes in his sight, and did bake the cakes. Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. For by the command of Absalom this has been determined from the day that he forced his sister Tamar. And it was improper for Amnon to do anything to her. And David mourned for his son every day. 9 And she took a pan, and poured them out before him; but he refused to eat. 23 And it came to pass after two full years, that Absalom had sheepshearers in Baalhazor, which is beside Ephraim: and Absalom invited all the king's sons.

5 And Jonadab said unto him, Lay thee down on thy bed, and make thyself sick: and when thy father cometh to see thee, say unto him, I pray thee, let my sister Tamar come, and give me meat, and dress the meat in my sight, that I may see it, and eat it at her hand.

28 Absalom(R) ordered his men, “Listen!

Now therefore, please speak to the king; (J)for he will not withhold me from you.” 14 However, he would not heed her voice; and being stronger than she, he (K)forced her and lay with her.

9 And she took the pan and placed them out before him, but he refused to eat.

24 Absalom went to the king and said, “Your servant has had shearers come.

NIV Reverse Interlinear Bible: English to Hebrew and English to Greek.

And David mourned for his son every day. For only Amnon is dead.”.

This evil of sending me away is worse than the other that you did to me.”.

17 Then he called his servant who attended him, and said, “Here!

Will you not tell me?”, Amnon said to him, “I love Tamar, my brother Absalom’s sister.”, 5 So Jonadab said to him, “Lie down on your bed and pretend to be ill. And when your father comes to see you, say to him, ‘Please let my sister Tamar come and give me food, and prepare the food in my sight, that I may see it and eat it from her hand.’ ” 6 Then Amnon lay down and pretended to be ill; and when the king came to see him, Amnon said to the king, “Please let Tamar my sister come and (E)make a couple of cakes for me in my sight, that I may eat from her hand.”, 7 And David sent home to Tamar, saying, “Now go to your brother Amnon’s house, and prepare food for him.” 8 So Tamar went to her brother Amnon’s house; and he was lying down. And they went out every man from him. He is your brother; do not take this thing to heart.” So Tamar remained desolate in her brother Absalom’s house. 35 And Jonadab said to the king, “Look, the king’s sons are coming; as your servant said, so it is.” 36 So it was, as soon as he had finished speaking, that the king’s sons indeed came, and they lifted up their voice and wept.

Used by permission.

9 Then she took the pan and served him the bread, but he refused to eat. 39 And [e]King David [f]longed to go to Absalom. (N) 22 And Absalom never said a word to Amnon, either good or bad;(O) he hated(P) Amnon because he had disgraced his sister Tamar. New International Version (NIV), The king asked him, “Why should he go with you?”, Now the man standing watch looked up and saw many people on the road west of him, coming down the side of the hill. Amnon and Tamar. The king, too, and all his attendants wept very bitterly.