Excludes: Africa, Asia, Central America and Caribbean, Middle East, North America, Southeast Asia, South America, American Samoa, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna, Western Samoa, Russian Federation, Albania, Andorra, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Norway, Poland, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Ukraine, Vatican City State, PO Box. This cake is on the sweet side, and the frosting is also quite sweet bc it’s american buttercream! So happy to hear that Jessie! Or create a “oat milk buttermilk” with lemon juice?

The only think I can think is do you measure the butter before melting or after? Can I just use oil only instead of butter and oil mix?? Just wasn’t sure if this would be too much for 4 inch pans?

I’m trying to take this same idea and do a mini cake with a different flavor for a smash cake Thanks!

Sometimes the batter gets really thick it they aren’t. You can omit the vanilla if you want, but I usually add both vanilla and lemon extract.

The frosting will taste a tiny bit saltier, but it will still taste great. Made from non-stick …

Hi!

Are the temperatures in your recipes fan or conventional?

Hi, could you advise the depth of the 4″ cake pans please they seem to be all different depths when I go into Amazon..

Shop for 4 inch cake pan online at Target.

It’s actually what this recipe is based on.

Free shipping on orders of $35+ and save 5% every day with your Target RedCard. I used 2 6” pans instead of the 4” pans and it came out perfect! I also recommend over-stirring the batter to help give it structure and letting the batter sit for about 30 minutes before baking it to help the flour absorb some of the moisture from the batter. Maybe take it out sooner? Thank you!!!! Wait so once frosted, you can freeze it without covering it at all??

This is the first time using your vanilla cake. Shipping & Pickup ... Disney Frozen 2- Snowy Day Formed Mini Cake Pan. This cake is already quite moist though, so I could see pudding mix making the batter overly moist / wet!

?I divided the batter to 6 8″ pan to make a rainbow cake since I only have 2 8″ available.

I used this recipe last night, and it’s wonderful! To be safe next time, use a toothpick to make sure the cake layers are done. One batch makes three, 4 inch cake layers that are perfect for a small celebration. I keep reading that you should lower you temperature if you’re baking in a fan oven, but I’ve been using the same temperatures since I started baking. Hope that helps, happy baking! Hello!

I love baking, found your videos last night, and you have inspired me! Also please tag me @chelsweets, and use the #chelsweets on social media so that I can see your amazing creations!

One batch makes enough batter to make about 8-10 cupcakes. So happy to hear that Divya, you totally should!!

Could you please help me figure out what went wrong? TeamFar 4 Inch Cake Pan, 6 Pcs Layer Baking Round Cake Pans Set Stainless Steel, For Baking Steaming Serving, Healthy & Sturdy, Mirror Finish & Dishwasher Safe 4.7 out of 5 stars 180. Celebrating your Birthday During Covid-19 - Pretty & Smart Co. #CakeChallenge Week 6 & 7 – HEATHER BAKES IT, https://realrecipe4u.com/2020/08/07/delicious-strawberry-shortcake-with-ice-cream, Be sure to properly measure your flour (spoon into the cup measure then level) or.

I am so excited to try this! I’ve been enjoying your posts on Instagram and anxiously awaiting the arrival of my small pans.

I’m thinking about making my own birthday cake since it looks like we’re still going to be in quarantine! Your little cake looks like your larger version: mine looks very heavy and the batter, once the butter/oil/sour cream are added, make such a thick batter that it all gets caught in the whisk. Thank you! This cake recipe is a butter cake, which uses a lot of sugar. Or the batter may have been overmixed (mix just until the ingredients are incorporated), or you may have added too much flour!

Love this recipe!! If it’s a bit too sweet for your liking, you can try pairing it with a less sweet frosting like my russian buttercream or swiss meringue buttercream, which will help balance out the sweetness. , My recipes are for regular ovens, not ovens set to convection heat/fan setting! I’ve never tried adding pudding mix to my cakes before, so sadly I’m not sure!

I’m planning to go ahead with Russian BC as that seems easier than SM. Happy baking! Since milk and buttermilk have thin consistency compared to yogurt/sour cream.

I like to make cute little 4-inch cake layers, but I know that’s an odd pan size that not everyone has on hand. Thank you!

Hii!!

That’s awesome to hear though, I’m glad you guys like it! I cant wait to try this one out. Hope that helps, happy baking! If you follow those tips I think a gluten free version of this cake should turn out awesome! Thanks and happy baking!

Love all your recipes!! Frosted stripes for the first time and the cake was delicious! Any international shipping is paid in part to Pitney Bowes Inc. International shipping and import charges paid to Pitney Bowes Inc. Any international shipping and import charges are paid in part to Pitney Bowes Inc. International shipping paid to Pitney Bowes Inc. 30 day returns. – I made the cake layers last night and they look soft but didn’t rise up much. Hope that helps for the future, happy baking!! Hi!! This amount is subject to change until you make payment. I fully support saving your butter for the buttercream .

Hi, I wanted to know if this cake is suitable for holding a fruit filling. I’d recommend just using my regular vanilla layer cake recipe, which does exactly that! But 3 inch pans work the same with my recipes!

What would be the best vegan substitutes for the egg and the buttermilk? Hi! Make your cake layers in advance and freeze them: It breaks the process up and make it more approachable.

I had left over buttercream from a couple cakes I made over the weekend and they paired perfectly with this mini cake. Were all your ingredients at room temp? You can use cake flour in place of the AP flour in this recipe cup for cup.

Will this change the texture of the cake?

Everything was at room temperature and I weighed my ingredients, but I noticed that I saved the recipe in my recipe app and the oven temperature was slightly lower (that had it at 325 and the minutes were slightly off, too), but the ingredients all seemed to be accurate. If you cut into the cake and have leftovers, 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted (56 grams) - 1/2 stick, 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil (56 grams), 1/2 cup buttermilk or whole milk, room temperature (115 grams), 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (169 grams), 2 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste (8 grams), 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp heavy cream (or whipping cream) (20 grams). I actually meant the # for the piping tip? These wonderful Mini Cake Pans, 4" x 1-1/4", are perfect for parties, showers, receptions, open houses and much more. The first step is to vigorously whisk your batter for a few minutes once it’s made.

Hey there!

Please reply soon! $30.00. Russian buttercream can be finicky, so only add SUPER cooked down beetroot juice, otherwise it can cause the frosting to break.

It will still taste great though. Quick Shop $22.39 Mini Loaf Pan, 6-Cavity. I tried reducing the baking time to 28 minutes, but it still didn’t help. I use 2 inch deep pans! Yup, all my cake pans are 2″ tall! Hi! That’s crazy Morgan!!

I think I answered this in a different comment <3. Thank you for this smaller version of your vanilla cake.

Use a different recipe for each pan, or stack them all up to create impressive mini layered cakes.

I think the modifications may have changed the texture. Bakeware essentials for everyday.

Hope that helps, happy baking! Pour the melted butter, oil, and egg into the dry ingredients and whisk until combined. Why does the cake take so long to bake?

At the top it says 350 for 18-19 mins and in the recipe it says 350 for 30-32 mins. There’s no way to know how much salt is added to a recipe unless you use unsalted butter, then add in salt separately.

But my entire cake turns out WAAAYYY too sweet. That’s such a great work around, and good to know!

Hope that helps, happy baking! I haven’t tested that out, so sadly I’m not sure! You can use full fat yogurt or sour cream in place of the buttermilk in this recipe. Nordic Ware. You can replace 1/4 cup of flour in this recipe with baking cocoa to make chocolate cake layers.

I noticed from your 8 inch cake recipe, instead off halving most of the ingredients for this recipe, you took a 1/3 of them.