[Chorus] News Corp is a network of leading companies in the worlds of diversified media, news, education, and information services. As their romance blossomed, Kelly also took Aaliyah under his wing artistically, shaping her image and writing original music for her. Age ain't nothin' but a number (Ain't nothin' but a number)

The marriage between Aaliyah and R. Kelly was rumored, but R. Kelly denied it for years.

“But I can tell you I loved her, I can tell you she loved me, we was very close. When GQ asked … When asked about her decision, the singer told The Sun-Times “I don’t really comment on that because I know that’s not true. Age ain't nothin' but a number Mr. Kelly unequivocally denies such accusations and will work diligently and forcibly to pursue his accusers and clear his name.”, READ NEXT: R. Kelly’s Net Worth 2020: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know, R. Kelly & Aaliyah: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know, Copyright © 2020 Heavy, Inc. All rights reserved. R&B singer and producer R. Kelly secretly wed a then 15-year-old Aaliyah in 1994, the same year her solo album debuted. Age Ain’t Nothing But a Number was released on May 24th, 1994 and spawned the hit singles “Back & Forth” and “Age Ain’t Nothing But a Number.” Both songs were written by Kelly, with the former peaking at number five on the Billboard Hot 100. Aaliyah cut ties with Kelly after the accusations of illegal marriage. Because she didn't deserve none of that. "She was a child.". Throwin' down ain't nothin' but a thang Throwin' down ain't nothin' but a thang We’re close and people took it the wrong way.’ ”. R. Kelly’s Children: How Many Kids Does He Have? While the rest of Aaliyah’s career played out with little controversy, Kelly has gone on to become a reviled figure.

Damon was eight years her senior, making him 29 when he first began seeing the singer. Then we will feel the passion that flows within

So it’s just like fun really.” You can watch the full interview above. The two were wed when Aaliyah was just 15-years-old and R. Kelly paid off a judge to turn a blind eye to her age. This lovin' I have for you, it'll never change In a 2014 interview on the Ryan Cameron Morning Show, a video of him having sex with, and urinating on, a teenage girl, R. Kelly’s Net Worth 2020: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know. It was hard for us to get producers. As a journalist and professional speaker, I use my platform to advocate for the most. Age ain't nothin' but a number Kelly met Aaliyah at the age of 12 and produced music for her, three years later they tied the knot. When asked about these charges point blank, Kelly told The Huffington Post “You hear a few rumors here and there, but as far as from me to you, I’d say ‘f**k that.’ If they hate me, love me, they want to destroy me, I love them all.” Watch the full interview below. Here’s what you need to know about the relationship between the two R&B stars: #aaliyah #ripaaliyah #supermodel #rnb #art #artistry #soulful #dopeness #fame #fresh #fashion #rap #hiphop #highend #hiphopart #hiphophead #highfashion #luxury #lifestyle #photography #trill #wavy, A post shared by Avant God (@hiphopaesthetic) on Jul 6, 2017 at 5:12pm PDT, According to The Chicago Sun-Times, Kelly was introduced to Aaliyah Haughton when she was 12 years old.