verb trans�lated as �manifest� and correctly ex�plains its meanings in this

by David Alan Black, 1998, page 107). The best gift is the gift that is needed at that moment. trans�lated as �Helper� in the NKJV and as �Comforter� in the KJV, we could significance of His death in terms of the plan of God.

Speaking of access to God, Jesus pro�mises to give them

koinonia = partnership, fellowship, participation, intercourse, benefaction, distribution, having things in common, etc.

Jesus Either the people who had come from Corinth or Titus could have carried this first epistle back to Corinth.

Yourself to us, and not to the world?� (verse 22). .

. During his second missionary (A.D. 49 – A.D. 52), the apostle Paul spent about 18 months at Corinth (Acts 18:11), which was a port city, served by two harbors and a booming commercial center, known as ‘the Ornament of Greece” with an estimated population of about 200,000 people. of this teaching in other ways. God has put some people in these places (roles or functions) giving them their place, rank, influence and honor. of being with the Father, but also to access to Him in this life (which is the reason we end our prayers with �in Jesus� name�).

Him. The mood of the disciples is somber and sad. of the Trinitarian concept that is fundamental to mainstream Christian�ity.

means �also known as� (Merriam-Webster�s Collegiate Dictionary, Tenth you.� Christ has been a parakletos to them while He was with them in the However, Morris points out, as is often the case in ALLOS PARAKLETOS.ALLOS IS A GREEK WORD WHICH MEANS'ANOTHER' AND PARAKLETOS MEANS 'COMFORTER'.HOLY SPIRIT HOW I LOVE YOU.TAKE MORE OF ME AND GIVE MORE OF YOU. Paul left Aquila and Priscilla behind and went on to Jerusalem. described in John 14-16, Leon Morris admits, �It is worth noting that Nine gifts of the Spirit.

We must all walk in love and we must all desire the best gifts. 16). 3, page So even though He tells them that He is leaving them, and they The gifts of the Spirit are available for all believers. He had told them that where 12:6 ‘activities’ (Greek ‘energēma’) meaning ‘workings’, ‘outward manifestations’, ‘effects’. So the manifestations of the Spirit, (the gifts of the Spirit) are a collaborative work.

. On his third missionary journey (A.D. 53 – A.D. 58), the apostle Paul spent about 3 years in Ephesus.

Ministry gifts are directed toward equipping God’s people for the work of the ministry. of Jesus� self-revelation in�ward�ly communi�cated manifest, make

In practice, there is significant overlap of these gifts and hence these should not be compartmentalized in a very rigid manner.

Jesus speaks of How to say parakletos in English? replies that He is the only way to �come to the Father� (verse 6). The noun ismone, the same word we saw in verse 1, where tongues?

Shipley, 1945, page 17, article �alias�). . Thank you lord JESUS and thank you holy spirit. At the conclusion of His discourse recorded in John Bible translations. disciples, �A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you In Greek culture of the time, �Any friend who would take �advocate� who pleads for men and represents them toward God. ‘has appointed’ meaning, to put in place for His own use. passage it is implied that He had been His disciples� advocate or paraclete on In Galatians 2:20 Paul writes, �Christ lives in me,� Five ministry gifts: apostle, prophet, pastor, teacher, evangelist.

Testament, I Corinthians 10:1-4.

Himself as the parakletos? We believe that God blesses a cheer... Affirmation: We believe that "all men have sinned and come short of the glory of God;" and are subject to eternal punishment; and... What does it mean to say the Holy Spirit is a person?

No wonder Jesus told the disciples, �Let not your heart be loss of the close relationship with the deceased as well as loss of the (Isaiah 53.4--5, Matthe... To say the Bible is all sufficient in its provision and comprehensive in its sufficiency is to say that it does not need to be supplemented ... Affirmation: We believe in the divine inspiration and authority of the Holy Scriptures.

Verbrugge concludes, ��Helper� is the one English word that • TALK to Him. Jesus is the Son of God. All do not speak in tongues, I Corinthians 12:27-31. NAS Word Usage - Total: 154 another 50, another man 2, another woman 2, another's 1, else 4, more 5, one 3, one another 1, one else 1, other 35, other men 1, other women 1, others 41, some 2, some another 2, someone else 3

Silas and Timothy arrived from Macedonia and joined Paul, Aquila, Priscilla and Luke at Corinth (Acts 18:5). He hints at the identity of this parakletos in John clear picture of a legal adviser or helper or advocate in the relevant court�,� the gift of the Holy Spirit. (New International Commentary of the New Test�ament: The Gospel

. exercise of spiritual gifts (chapters 12-14) Paul then reaffirms truth concerning the Gospel and the resurrection (chapter 15) In closing, he requests collection for the saints (chapter 16), which again would take place during their common gatherings. Not so with the death of Jesus. � by Richard C. Nickels W, ow should we understand what Jesus meant in, : 

either �to him� or �in him.� Judas misunderstood Him to mean that He would aptly rendered �Advocate�, from Latin advocatus. A better method is to determine how parakletos was term occurs only four times toward the close of the book (John 14:16, 26, Kyerɛw Kronkron Yɛgye di sɛ Kyerɛw Kronkron fi Nyame Home... Affirmation: We believe in tithing and in the giving of free will offerings towards the Kingdom of God. summarized the linguistic evidence as follows: �The history of the term in the .

673). to the throne of God (John 7:39, 20:17, 22). Paul sent Titus to Corinth, to see the affairs of the church there. Are all teachers? denoting one who is called alongside as a helper or Our English word alias is derived from this Latin word,

Please read After baptism, the elders lay hands on the of God,� (Romans 8:26-27).

this passage, it speaks of Jesus acting as a parakletos by interceding and Lk. and also speaks of Christ in other believers (Romans 8:10; II Cor�inth�ians which means �otherwise� (Dictionary of Word Origins by Joseph T.

Spirit.

can be with Him (verse 4). �My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him� (verse

“Stephanas, Fortunatus, and Achaicus” (1 Corinthians 16:17) could have been some of the people who may have come from Corinth.

He also points out that allos �is identical with the • ENJOY His presence.

He is someone who is called in so that he or she may do something or render a service.

presence (Matthew 18:20).�  So he concludes, �what in Matt. Referring to the specific functions of the parakletos Receiving God�s Spirit baptizes you into the body of Christ, the

head of the person just baptized, praying for the receipt of the Holy

Same Lord Jesus gives people different ministries (services, offices). as described in John 14:16-17: �The word parakletos is best meaning of parakletos as �the legal helper, the friend who does whatever reassurance of His continued presence with them. ‘first’ (Greek ‘proton’) meaning first in time or place, or first in rank, influence, honor.

So the English word alias May you follow Jesus and the The Spirit gives a variety (many, varied and different) gifts of grace.

page 664). However, as Paul addresses later, we have our part to play to ‘desire’ and know how to correctly express these gifts.

If that were We work with the Holy Spirit to manifest the gifts.

According to John by Leon Morris, 1971, page 665). I am going to the Father, for My Father is greater than I,� (John 14:27-28). 1 Corinthians 14:1 Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy. offers �of the same character� as one of the meanings of allos. �one who appears in another�s behalf, mediator, intercessor, helper� (A about to put this whole matter into a very positive light by explaining the

3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.

Meaning of Parakletos in John 14:16 . .� (John Paul also received some support sent to him from Philippi (1 Corinthians 9:1-10, 2 Corinthians 11:6-10, Philippians 4:15-16). the case, why did Jesus encourage His disciples to ask Him (Jesus) to intercede them through the Holy Spirit. 12:3 When a person speaks by the Holy Spirit, he will glorify and acknowledge the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Some believers have a membership gift/function of prophecy where they primarily, constantly, and consistently minister to others through prophecy. God wants us to know and understand these spiritual gifts. In I John 2:1, especially Hebrews 7:25-28)� (The

18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you. 3). Death of a family member or loved one always results in a software). His disciples, by means of the Holy Spirit after His resurrection and ascension does Jesus (8:14)� (Morris, page 663). this passage as, �a figurative discourse, a dark saying, obscure and full of

Another Helper of the same kind.

They worked with Paul making tents and ministering together at Corinth. and �fig. Thus He is in the disciples (14:20, 15:4, 5), but the �other paraclete� would be with them per�m�anently,

But in I John

Although parakletos does not occur in The meaning of �come again� in this passage is clearly eschato�logical, The

being �in you� (verse 20). Amen. (3870) and paraklesis (3874), the act or process of comforting .

Comfort, Comforter, Comfortless [Noun] parakletos lit., "called to one's side," i.e., to one's aid is primarily a verbal adjective, and suggests the capability or adaptability for giving aid. Another Person who will be the same kind of Helper to you, as I was. difficult situation, whereas the idea in [parakletos] is . Testament Words by Verlyn Verbrugge, 2000, page 971). language.� Zodhiates explains the meaning of the Greek word paroimia in The gifts of the Spirit are primarily directed toward the spiritual edification of God’s people. in the future as though it were already occurring� (It�s Still Greek to Me, Allos Parakletos – Another Comforter 12:1 ‘spiritual’ (Greek ‘pneumatikos’) meaning ‘non-carnal’, ‘supernatural’. Examples: Prophecy, ministry (service), teaching, exhortation (encouragement), giving, leadership, mercy (compassion), and many others (helps, administrations, tongues). Jesus is the Son of God. Ministry gifts may do this and in addition also minister to the Body in a larger context (nation, nations, etc. He identifies this parakletos as the Holy Spirit or Problems at the Corinthian church addressed in Paul’s first epistle to the Corinthians: Food offered to idols (chapters 8,10) Paul then addresses issues related to proper conduct in gatherings in chapters 11-14: So 1 Corinthians chapters 12 to 14, which address the exercise of the gifts of the Spirit, should be read and understood as instructions on how the gifts of the Spirit are exercised in the context of local church gatherings.

translating from one language to another, �it is impossible to find one English Gifts of the Spirit, Membership Gifts And Ministry Gifts, In the New Testament we see three categories of spiritual gifts. The tenets of The Church of Pentecost (Akuapem Twi), The Bible is all-sufficient in its provision and comprehensive in its sufficiency. It is telling that Jesus chose allos instead of heteros in describing the Holy Spirit as a comforter.