I am in love with this pie. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. Turn the temperature down to 325 for the rest of the time, usually 5-10 more minutes. The batter looked very sparse, but it rose great. You do have to wait for it to cool before slicing and serving. Welcome to Amish365, where I share my knowledge of Amish cooking and culture! Add 1 c. chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Or perhaps a glass of milk. Pour filling into crust-lined plate. n mayo gradually.

Add 1 c. chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Allow to cool before serving. nutmeg ½ tsp.

Fold in pecans, coconut, and 1/4 c. chocolate chips. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, cocoa, sugar, baking soda and powder, and salt. Place in a greased 9 x 13 pan. *As a member of various affiliate programs I earn from qualifying purchases. You don't run into that often. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I mean, I love German Chocolate Cake. I’ve spent almost three decades exploring Amish settlements and kitchens from Maine to Montana and almost everywhere in between. », 1 package (4 oz) sweet baking chocolate, chopped.

1 cup mayonnaise Carmon Hacker made it and, well, again, just amazing. 1 uncooked pie crust store bought or homemade, 1 1/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips divided.

Mmmmm, I love German Chocolate Cake,but I almost like the pie better. Cream. Cream n mayo gradually.

I really got my chocolate fix from a little slice of this pie. A hit ever since it was developed by Sam German for Baker's Chocolate Company, this cake is filled and topped with a coconut-pecan frosting.

Thanks so much. I frosted it and will serve it after dinner tonight. Add coffee slowly while beating. This looked so interesting that I made it this afternoon. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. In small bowl, mix coconut and pecans; sprinkle over filling.

One word: YUM! Add vanilla last. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. In separate bowl, stir together flour and sugars.

I’ll occasionally throw in stories of my travels, journalism adventures (I’m a Pulitzer prize-nominated journalist), fascination with grocery stores and Kmarts, and much more! Place uncooked pie crust in pie tin. 1 cup granulated sugar This pie was made for our Chrisholm Amish homestead bake-off earlier this summer and it is a great Amish recipe. Add frosting of your choice when the cake is cool. This recipe came to me by way of an Amish woman in the Harmony, Minnesota community. Cream n mayo gradually.

For instance, in a little Mennonite bakery outside Sunbury, PA I once found chocolate shoofly pie.

1 cup cold black coffee There are some Amish pies that are rare and that you don't stumble across in every Amish bakery. Copyright © 2000 - 2020 Amish 365 | Powered by Feast Co & Touch The Road, Amish in the News: Quick Cinnamon Roll Cake, A Lancaster Feast, A Touch of Amish, and More! This is a recipe I sampled once years ago at an Amish bakery in Illinois. Here is what she had to say about the pie: "Oh, my, this pie is amazing! Melt chocolate and water on top of the stove in a pot and cool. Notify me by email when the comment gets approved. One thing I wish I would have had when I ate it this pie was a dollop of whipped cream, man, that would have just topped it off perfectly. SPICE LAYER CAKE 2 cups light brown sugar ½ cup shortening 2 eggs ¾ cup milk 3 tsp. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. The addition of coconut and pecans gives this very dense chocolate pie a taste we loved. In large mixing bowl, sift dry ingredients.

Who doesn't? Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate . Add chocolate-egg yolk mixture to cornstarch mixture, stirring with whisk. Place in a greased 9 x 13 pan. Turn the temperature down to 325 for the rest of the time, usually 5-10 more minutes. Add cooled chocolate and water, flour, salt, soda, buttermilk and vanilla extract mixing well with mixer.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020 Amish 365 | Powered by Feast Co & Touch The Road.

Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate . cloves ½ tsp. Slowly add chocolate/ butter mixture and stir until blended.Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla. T. urn the temperature down to 325 for the rest of the time, usually 5-10 more minutes.

In a microwave safe mug, microwave the water just until boiling (about 1 1/2 min).

It must be the eggs in the mayonnaise that give it the leavening power. Add coffee slowly while beating. …

Remove from heat; gradually stir in milk. Browse more than 20 classic recipes and variations of German's chocolate cake. In small bowl, mix egg yolks, vanilla and almond extract.

2 tsp baking soda Updated: Jul 23, 2019 by Kevin Williams | Leave a Comment. Place uncooked pie crust in pie tin. Welcome to Amish365, where I share my knowledge of Amish cooking and culture! Toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.

Man, I just thought it was superb.

Winner in our minds...". In small bowl, microwave butter until completely melted. salt Cream butter, sugar and eggs; beat well. Add coffee slowly while beating.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

I’ve spent almost three decades exploring Amish settlements and kitchens from Maine to Montana and almost everywhere in between.

Add the milk mixture and the boiling water to the dry ingredients.

In large mixing bowl, sift dry ingredients.

Cool completely on cooling rack, about 4 hours. Recipe tester Barbara concurs. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In 1-quart saucepan, heat chocolate and butter over medium-low heat until melted and mixture can be stirred smooth.

Notify me by email when the comment gets approved. In separate bowl, stir together flour and sugars. Toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. I put just a little whipped cream on top, was truly delicious and will put this recipe in my personal file of something to make again. Bake 35-40 minutes or until top is set. 2 cups flour *As a member of various affiliate programs I earn from qualifying purchases. Add vanilla last. Toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. In small bowl, microwave butter until completely melted. Whats people lookup in this blog: Ditto for German Chocolate Pie. Add frosting of your choice when the cake is cool. cinnamon ½ tsp. Get your German Chocolate fix with this recipe! Man, that was awesome. I rarely drink milk as an adult, but occasionally it tastes amazing if paired with the right food. Browse more than 20 classic recipes and variations of German's chocolate cake. I’ll occasionally throw in stories of my travels, journalism adventures (I’m a Pulitzer prize-nominated journalist), fascination with grocery stores and Kmarts, and much more!

Copyright © 2000 - 2020 Amish 365 | Powered by Feast Co & Touch The Road, In large mixing bowl, sift dry ingredients. Notify me by email when the comment gets approved. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. In 1-quart saucepan, heat chocolate … Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. 4 T cocoa I halved the recipe and it fit perfectly in an 8" round cake pan. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until puffed and almost set.

Welcome to Amish365, where I share my knowledge of Amish cooking and culture! Slowly add chocolate/ butter mixture and stir until blended.Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla. Add the oil and vanilla the milk mixture and stir together.

Pour into unbaked pie crust. 1 tsp vanilla. *As a member of various affiliate programs I earn from qualifying purchases.

I’ll occasionally throw in stories of my travels, journalism adventures (I’m a Pulitzer prize-nominated journalist), fascination with grocery stores and Kmarts, and much more! Gradually add chocolate mixture to egg mixture, stirring with wire whisk. And if you don't want to eat the whole pie, just a slice will do...it is rich.. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. But putting that some deliciousness into a pie crust is absolute genius. Heat oven to 375°F.

I’ve spent almost three decades exploring Amish settlements and kitchens from Maine to Montana and almost everywhere in between. baking powder 1 cup chopped raisins 2¼ cups flour 1 tsp. Updated: Apr 9, 2013 by Kevin Williams | 1 Comment.

Heat oven to 375°F. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. in a greased 9 x 13 pan. Amish German Chocolate Pie 365 Recipes Cooking Amish german chocolate pie 365 recipes cooking homemade moist amish german chocolate cake by playfulyummies amish friendship chocolate cake just a pinch recipes this german chocolate pie was so good my family ate the entire. Winter Delight: Mrs. Hostetler's Husband's Delight ». Updated: Jan 31, 2018 by Kevin Williams | Leave a Comment. It's pure bliss in a crust. In medium bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt.