Your email address will not be published.

Braeburn, Granny Smith and Rome apples are some of our favorites to bake these apple dumplings with. ~Julia Child. Cut in shortening with a pastry cutter or two knives in opposite directions until pieces are the size of small peas. When I finally got an Instant Pot branded electronic pressure cooker, how could it not be this one from Pioneer Woman?! ~PAULA DEEN, I found out what the secret to life is: friends.

each) of crescent roll dough. I just fire up the stove, and things start to fade away. See full disclosure for details. Oftentimes what makes a recipe southern, is as much a state of mind as it is a matter of geography - Southerners simply decide a particular food is southern, and that's that." Welcome to some good ole, down home southern cooking. Love, love! Enjoy, y’all! Jan 30, 2012 - This apple dumpling recipe from Paula Deen is both comfort food and a kid-friendly dessert. Nous sommes impatients d’entendre comment vos boulettes de pomme se sont révélées! This brought to mind one of my favorite memories from childhood. As an Amazon Associate, Deep South Dish earns from qualifying purchases. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and apples are tender. Sugared Nuts - Pecans, Almonds, Cashews or Walnuts. I’m wondering if your apples were extra large? (affil link). The syrup was amazing!! Carefully lift the pastry-wrapped apple and place it in the prepared baking dish. I love Vanilla sauce on Apple Dumplings, instead of ice cream or whipped cream. Fill the core cavity of the apple with some of the cinnamon sugar mixture and dot with a tablespoon of butter. Form into a ball.

We love you {and your apple dumplings} so much! I tweaked it a bit as far as ingredients, i.e. Look no more! Pastry: In a large mixing bowl, sift flour and salt together. When you’re ready to bake them, remove them from the freezer, place in the prepared baking dish and make the syrup. They’re like eating warm individual apple pies. Give me a shoulder or a piece of chuck, and I'll give you something that's really rich in flavor." Read measurements right from the top, no bending, stooping or eyeballing - they're another favorite! Thank you, Aunt Ina, for making these for us so often and for sharing how it’s done. To freeze them unbaked, simply wrap each apple dumpling in plastic wrap or put in a freezer-safe baggie.

I’ve tweaked the ingredients and measurements to suit my tastes (and also because I’m pretty much incapable of following a recipe). (ad), I'm your cook, not your doctor. Bonjour je suis tomber par hasard sur votre site je vais me lancer cA l’air délicieux j’ai déjà mangé ce genre de desserts dans un resto etj’ai adoré merci pour la recette et je vous redonne des nouvelles. Pour hot syrup evenly over the tops and around the dumplings. | Privacy Policy. For those of you with will power, though, these are really surprisingly delightful! Happy mothers day BakerMama!!

I am so excited to share my Great Aunt Ina’s famous apple dumpling recipe with y’all today! You’ll just wrap the apples in the pastry dough with a little cinnamon sugar and butter nestled within and then pour a reduced cinnamon sugar syrup all over the dumplings before baking to apple dumpling irresistibleness. Strain the syrup to remove the apple peels. My husband has been trying to get me to make apple dumplings for months and I finally did today. https://www.deepsouthdish.com/2010/10/7-up-apple-dumplings.html The pastry is the best! Place an apple in the middle of one of the square pastries. I’ve been looking for this recipe!!

Oh me! This is the 3rd time i have made them and they remond of the homemade apple dumplings served by the church in Stephenville Montana. Thanks for sharing!

Love these measuring cups from Oxo. I’ve always been intimidated to try them because I thought my Aunt Ina had labored the days away making them for our family occasions, but once she showed me how it’s done, I realized how possible they are to make and now I’m so excited to make them again and again. Required fields are marked *. https://thebakermama.com/recipes/great-aunt-inas-apple-dumplings Copyright © 2020 The BakerMama, LLC, All Rights Reserved. Silpat Non-Stick Baking Mats. These look just as amazing! These apple dumplings were SO indescribably delicious, after I took one bite to try them out, I proceeded to take thirty-four more. That’s such a great idea for even more apple flavor. Repeat with more water until mixture is all moistened. It all starts with a quick pastry dough that bakes into a perfectly flaky crust surrounding the apple. . These are Exactly what I have been searching for! Your email address will not be published. Hi Christine! apple dumpling dinner every fall, and I loved it. Place the dumplings in the oven as it preheats so they defrost and then bake as directed. Absolutely delicious!!!!

I bet you have the best memories from that. Pour this syrup evenly over the dumplings. Serve warm with the hot syrup that’s in the bottom of the baking dish and ice cream or whipped cream, if desired. Reduce to medium-low heat and let simmer until reduced to a thick enough syrup to lightly coat the back of a spoon. (ad), It took me a little while to get on the bandwagon with air fryers, but now I have 3 and. Repeat with remaining apples, pastry squares, cinnamon sugar mixture and butter. (ad). Tag @thebakermama on Instagram and hashtag it #thebakermama, Recipe from Ina Suydam/Photography by Madison Mentesana and Maegan Brown. DISCLAIMER: This is a recipe site intended for entertainment. Overlap, moisten with water and seal. BlogHer Food 2010 Arrival Day - I Came. Oh my! You might want to add whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream, but this is one dessert that’s perfectly delicious, 1/8-1/4 tsp. Preheat oven to 425°F. One of my favorite kitchen tools, I use this handheld vacuum sealer everyday for deli meats, cheeses, veggies and more! I couldn’t get the recipe from the little old lady that claimed it was her recipe. Yes Yes Yes! Enjoy! I am so thankful she has shared the recipe with me and has shown me how she makes them so that I can make them for years to come. lemon lime soda, like 7-up, Sprite or Mountain Dew, Hey Y’all! Thanks for sharing! Perfectly flaky pastry wraps juicy tart apples with an amazing cinnamon sugar syrup making my Great Aunt Ina’s Apple Dumplings the ultimate dessert. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the crust on each dumpling is golden brown and apples are cooked all the way through. I Saw. That’s amazing, LeAndra! Click the link in my, They say it’s my birthday AND National Doughnut, Hurry, hide all the candy (in this Leftover Hallow. Syrup: Prepare the syrup by bringing 2 cups water, 1 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons butter and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon to a rolling boil over medium-high heat.

all rights reserved. It’s made with everyday pantry staples you probably have at home, or can easily find in any grocery store. To bake the dumplings: Bake the dumplings for 45 to 50 minute, until the apples are tender and the pastry is brown. For the syrup, it sounds like it needed to boil over higher heat for longer at first to start the thickening process. It was absolutely delicious!!! Can that pastry be used for pies? Hi Valerie! ~Paula Deen, Cooking has always brought me a happiness that I didn`t think was available. This recipe is a keeper!! Butter a large rimmed baking dish and set aside. Aunt Ina has been making them for us for years and we just can’t imagine a holiday or family gathering without them.

Bring opposite points of pastry up over the apple.

Merci pour votre aimable réponse. Blessings from Canada : ). One pull is only about 1/4 teaspoon too. Serve while still warm (although you can certainly make it ahead and serve at room temperature if that works best with your schedule). momma p. Oct 5, 2012. I did yhat and it reminded me of her. Stir in the lemon juice and boiled cider. I split the recipe and made 3 regular and 3 with Splenda because I’m diabetic. It was very easy to follow. And then place them in a larger freezer-safe storage bag or container. . I was so pleased with the flavor and how simple these were to put together, all that was missing was the ice cream! You are free to print and sharing via Facebook share links and pinning with Pinterest are appreciated, welcomed and encouraged, but do not upload and repost photographs, or copy and paste post text or recipe text for republishing on Facebook, other websites, blogs, forums or other internet sites without explicit prior written approval. Aunt Ina swears by Washington apples because she lived there for many years ;), but feel free to use your favorite tart apples. So comforting and delicious! These are so easy and tasted fantastic.

Sprinkle the dumplings with the sparkling white sugar or demerara sugar. Thank you for sharing. ~Rick McDaniel, Food Historian, I think no matter what the occasion may be, you can never go wrong by showing up at the dinner table with a hot plate of fried chicken. ~Ninny Threadgoode. Seriously, perfectly roasted meats & poultry every single time! You can test the apples by poking them with a fork or skewer. Thank you and your Aunt for this recipe! And what is it they say about eating an apple a day?! When I made the syrup I switched one cup of water for one cup of apple juice. I would really appreciate it???? Sprinkle a few tablespoons of water over mixture and gently toss with a fork. I’m so happy you’re here! ~John Besh, You don’t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces – just good food from fresh ingredients. Combine sugar, water, butter, and vanilla; pour into pan. Roll out to a little less than 1/8-inch thick and cut into 7-inch squares. . In a small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup sugar and 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Prep time is approximately 15 minutes and cooking time takes 15 minutes at 350°F.

If you're a fan of air fryers like I have become, these are the absolutely perfect sprayers. The Sunday Special (ad), With coarse salt, herbs and spices, garlic and onion, I have become a big fan of this seasoning! Flatten pastry dough on a lightly floured surface. ° for 50 minutes, until the dumplings are a deep golden brown. Your baking best friend! Wrap each biscuit around an apple half; place seam side down into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish. They’re much easier to make than you would think. Crescent rolls stuffed with apple, cinnamon sugar and chopped nuts cooked in a buttery syrup. Love, love! By using this site and these recipes you agree that you do so at your own risk, that you are completely responsible for any liability associated with the use of any recipes obtained from this site, and that you fully and completely release Mary Foreman and Deep South Dish LLC and all parties associated with either entity, from any liability whatsoever from your use of this site and these recipes. Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. It's one-dimensional. So much yum! You can be thin & wrinkly, or you can have another bowl of banana pudding and fluff that stuff out! And now you can too! 8 cup Pyrex, what I use for steeping tea bags for iced tea! freshly ground nutmeg (to taste … I prefer, 4 Gala apples, peeled and cut into chunks, 2 cans (8 oz. This recipe makes eight generous portions. And they had to be destroyed. You’re in for a really special treat! Ingredients include cans of crescent rolls, Granny Smith apples and diet citrus-flavored soda. Somehow I do believe it’s your recipe. Go get you some apples and get to baking! Could you possibly send me your recipe for your vanilla sauce for your dumplings? Yes, but you’ll want to wait to make the syrup when you’re ready to bake them.