Today, he is an award-winning violinist who performed in venues ranging from Carnegie Hall and The White House, to classrooms and hospitals all over the world. Record a voice memo about why you started making your work and what keeps you inspired. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. My arrangements are schematic, inviting the viewer to move into a space of speculation. She was Caucasian (Danish American), he Japanese American. My work for the past 20 years has used revealing aspects of history, which have a profound impact on our contemporary culture today.

While you’re at it, it’s a good idea to update the actual content of your online portfolio as well. Misguided, thoughtless versions of these “About” pages are typically filled with bland, uninspiring imagery and information, which is doubly bad for someone in a creative industry. READ MORE. A short artist bio is usually better than a lengthy one. Pictured is an overview of her portfolio including selected works from a recent series Shy Holograms which was inspired by the history of life on Mars. An exception to this is if your target audience is actually a technical crowd, such as art gallery owners. Thank you for sharing. Have a look at his interesting website and his portfolio, but more importantly, see if his about me page serves as good inspiration for your projects. This site has a really creative and effective way to present the team on its about me page.

Formerly: Artist Development Manager at Society6. The best place to find examples of artist's statements fast is the Internet.

It can be a powerful art marketing tool, so you want to make sure you take the time to craft an amazing artist profile that does your incredible artwork justice! Gabrielle is a creative type who specializes in graphic design, animation and photography. This is the prominent text that will appear at the top of your ‘About Me’ page.

Check out some short artist bio examples and some longer ones, and notice which tend to stick in your mind more. She has a Ted Talk on hybrid careers for artists at http://www.gyst-ink.com/our-team/. Download. When he got his first violin at the age of 6, CheHo Lam could not imagine that this instrument would take him from his family in Hong Kong to New York, on the other side of the globe. Copyright WebDesignDev.com. The “About” page is very important in web design as it is usually the most read page on the website.

If you have quirky, playful style of work, let that show in the words you chose, however, be careful not to let it sound too unprofessional.