Add eggs and vanilla; beat until fluffy.

Fold in the walnuts, if using. Good to know!! Vegan Banana Peanut Butter Streusel Muffins, Decadent Chocolate Hazelnut Cake {gluten-free}, Traditional Gluten-Free Christmas Pudding. I thought maybe all those nuts might overpower the banana but no. Hi Nina – that’s brilliant – I make this recipe over and over and it’s great for adapting how you want it so I’m happy you found success with an egg free version. Just pumpkin seeds on top, Wish it would cool down enough for me to eat a slice, (or two, you know how it works okay ! ) Yes, I avoid xanthan gum in all my recipes so hopefully you’ll find lots of things to make here that take your fancy! So it’s on to your choc chip cookies next Hi Julie, I’m so pleased you found our community here. The bread is has a great chewy yet somehow light texture, and the flavor of the bananas is just right. I have never added carrots but I think it would be a great addition!

Cool in pan, on rack, for 10 minutes, then cool on rack. Hi Jesse! Have you ever added carrots to your banana bread?

The recipe on the WW site is 5SP for 1/10th of the recipe. This makes a smaller loaf than some recipes. This recipe is amazing! Cracker Barrel Copycat Country Style Green Beans, Do use a food processor or a high speed blender to grind the old fashioned oats into "flour" for a better texture.

But if you try it, please come back and let me know how it works! I have so many in the freezer for my smoothies.This recipe sounds so good. Congrats with being on WW and yes, I agree about the sugar. The oatmeal makes it hearty and somewhat chewy, while the bananas and buttermilk make it sweet and moist - yet it is not as sweet or sticky-moist as some other banana breads I've had. We love it. I have made it with yogurt in place of buttermilk, walnut oil for the vegetable oil, and I have cut back the sugar and added cinnamon as a couple reviewers suggested. Oh my gosh…delicious!!! Coat a 9X5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. I didn’t have any greek yoghurt so just used full fat yoghurt. This is the best banana bread I’ve ever tasted! Make this recipe? Especially good topped with salted butter or your favourite nut butter. Writing the recipe helped me stay awake whilst doing so!! Welcome to my Midwest kitchen, where every day is an adventure in the heartland. I love bananas and oatmeal, so when I saw this in the September 2004 issue of Cooking Light, I just knew I had to make it! This last time I made an eggless version by substituting 2 Tablespoons ground flax seed + 6 Tablespoons water for the eggs.

Hi Renee! Thank you for a lovely recipe, really don’t know how you manage to keep up with new recipes, take pictures, publish on the blog, all whilst taking care of your newborn twins and toddlers! Though this recipe is lower in sugar than some.Susanmoot96 AT aol DOT com (I don't use gmail addy).

Thank you for coming back to review! Easy Oatmeal Banana Bread, Oatmeal Banana Bread, Oatmeal Banana Bread recipe. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread 1 1/2 cups oats in a single layer on a rimmed baking … Thank you!

I’m so pleased I discovered your website. Thank you for your review! I did run my version through the recipe builder, and I got 6 SP for 1/10, but if you cut it in 12 servings it's less. Thank you so much for sharing, my whole family loves it. Tried this recipe, didn't have vanilla and with a new oven for some reason it overheated like crazy so I had dark brown sides and a raw middle, read somewhere to cover tight with tin foil and throw it back in the oven. Yes, you can substitute whole wheat flour for AP flour. Love bananas? I used them in my bread, but you can leave them out if you want a lower point/calorie bread. Step 3 The bread will become more moist and flavorful the next day! Fold in until just combined.

Spoon batter into the prepared pan and bake for 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Thanks for your review! Then have a look at these other gluten-free recipes, Salted Date Caramel Banana Flapjack – this recipe is also refined sugar-free I am so glad to hear you are ok — I was worried when I did not see any posts recently! However may I suggest this Bread is really tasty with a variety cheeses.

Set aside. I'm on WW too, and it's so hard to not bake yummy things b/c of the sugar content! After the bread has cooled to room temperature, wrap it tightly with plastic wrap or foil and allow it to sit a day. Add some fruit and you have a light meal which begs for a glass of wine. We do love this recipe too! Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). It is wonderful with a variety of spreads such as nut butters, jams and mashed bananas. Please read my disclosures. Let me know if you try the banana bread! Cream together the shortening and sugar. Hi Jessica! I added in a grated zucchini (just because I had one) and used almonds instead of walnuts (didn’t have any walnuts at home). It is so lovely for me to see your versions and variations of my recipes. / I was also wondering if the estimated nutrition information corresponds to one portion, in this case How many portion would have the whole bread? It turned out really good. One slice with cheese was quite a substantial lunch, though I imagine it will work very well with other accompaniments too. Thanks for your questions. I'm sooo happy you enjoyed this recipe DianneV! Would it. Learn how your comment data is processed. Advertisement Step 2 Remove the bread from the pan after 15 minutes and cool thoroughly on the rack. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir gently just until the dry ingredients are … This banana bread is good isn’t it – I’ve also tried it dairy free with coconut yoghurt and it still bakes up a charm! Simple theme. Stir in the eggs one at … Thank you for you lovely comments! Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin, placing the extra banana on top. Total Carbohydrate

Happy to hear you were able to save it! I used two large eggs as I didn’t have medium ones and it worked perfectly. Hi Rachel. If you then go on to use this recipe as a launch pad for your own baking creation then I’d also love it if you’d share it and tag me on Instagram. Best wishes for your expanded family. Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Always good to mix it up.

Pulse to combine. https://www.quakeroats.com/cooking-and-recipes/best-banana-bread Another delicious recipe. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Hello! Around ten? It will also be very easy to cut into 10 portions once it sits. Banana Oat Bread is a no sugar, gluten-free treat which is baked with greek yoghurt for a deliciously moist texture and tang. Nutritional Information provided is an estimate. Hi Georgina, I recently tried your Banana Bread recipe it is really good. I used overripe bananas that has sat in the fridge for 2 days and I added raisins (because my husband loves raisins) and walnuts. In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. The flavor tends to get better the next day. Crammed with bananas and nutritiously dense seeds it makes for an ultra satisfying snack or start to your day. You have successfully joined our subscriber list. Thank you for your feedback. Easy Oatmeal Banana Bread is enhanced with the goodness of oats for a healthy banana bread (no butter) full of banana flavor and a great chewy texture! Process until the oats are half their size or less.

Add eggs, vanilla, and oil. Thanks! If you have enough will power, wait and enjoy your Easy Oatmeal Banana Bread on day two. Can quick oats be substituted in this recipe for the old fashioned oatmeal? Hi Fiji! Hi !!! Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir gently just until the dry ingredients are moistened. Should I just blend the 2 mixtures at the end? In a food processor or blender, add the bananas. Just the recipe I have been looking for!I made this last night. Hi Sharene, writing the post was easy in the end since one of the twins insists on being held all night long.

E possible to give me s cup measure? I also had to sub out hemp seeds, used some chia and some hazelnuts that needed to be used up instead. I don't really like sugar substitutes, so I still use real sugar and just take the extra points for it. It was life saver, because this banana bread was so yummy!!!! Yes, just gently combine the two. Reckon most mildly creamy blues would be good.

What do you mean by FOLD IN ? I am not sure how you got this post together with new born twins and 2 toddlers — pretty amazing.

Good hearty food that's good for you too! Hi Elizabeth – your substitutions sounds great – we have to work with what we have!! In a food processor or blender, add the 1 cup of old fashioned oats. I think mashing bananas this way gives breads and muffins they are used in a deeper banana flavor, plus it's so easy! It’s not too sweet and very moreish. Combine banana, buttermilk, oil, vanilla, and eggs in a small bowl or measuring cup. Just made this, looks great, I am genetically programmed to not ever follow a recipe exactly or a knitting pattern, so it has 3 large eggs, walnuts, extra oats and almond flour to make up for lack of flax etc, and the larger eggs, so for good measure flung in some ground chia seeds

Thank you for your review! This is SO very delicious! Banana Rum Caramel Cake I made exactly as directed with the exception of adding 2 TBSP of flax and not adding the walnuts.

I'm so happy you love it. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan and set aside. The less you work the flour, the more tender the bread will be. I make this Banana Oat Bread regularly for the whole family and having it on hand in the kitchen pays dividends throughout the week.