For longtime fans, Ina delivers new insights into her simple techniques; for newcomers she provides a thorough master class on the basics of Barefoot Contessa cooking plus a Q&A section with answers to the questions people ask her all the time. It seemed a bit too thick; maybe 3 sheets would have been enough. Will definitely make again. I was serving 7 people, so I made 1.5x the recipe (just in case), but there were leftovers.

A definite repeat. Description #1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics is the essential Ina Garten cookbook, focusing on the techniques behind her elegant food and easy …

Everything I’ve made has been delicious. Garten suggests tips on such things as setting the table and "10 things not to serve at a dinner party." Lots of flavour. The shrimp took 18-20 minutes to cook through. Husband asked "Where have these been all my life?".

Mixed the topping by hand. It understandably came out slightly tart but my husband and I both really liked it! … (I test in a few places.) Good version of gingerbread, but a bit dry, even with the glaze. Made this for my birthday. I made 1/2 recipe in a 9"x6" oval dish. Ina Garten makes it pleasurable to cook. In the back she has an index of resources to use to find the more obscure ingredients. They turned out great. Love this girl. If that sounds like damning with faint praise, you really ought to give the book a try and see. Book. We added lots of cheese. It turned out great and was good warm or cold. This is probably an issue with execution and not the recipe but I'm still not super impressed. Hearty boeuf Bourguignon served in deep bowls over a garlic-rubbed slice of baguette toast; decadently rich croque monsieur, eggy and oozing with cheese; gossamer crème brulee, its sweetness offset by a brittle burnt-sugar topping. The blintzes would also be good with jam. Publication Date: October 28, 2008 Otherwise, this soup was awesome. I like her way of slicing the apples; easy-peasy.

Hardback or Cased Book. The pears were fairly sweet; I'd reduce the brown sugar next time. I'd potentially make it again. I didn't make the cream cheese spread but imagine it would be good on this. The overall flavor of the soup was too tomatoey for my taste though.

Un problème s'est produit lors du chargement de ce menu pour le moment. This is a keeper cookbook to break out for special family dinners and having guests over. This served 4 as a dinner main course. I love @anya_sf's idea of adding peas or mushrooms and may do that next time. My family loves this recipe. You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition. #1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics is the essential Ina Garten cookbook, focusing on the techniques behind her elegant food and easy entertaining style, and offering nearly a hundred brand-new recipes that will become trusted favorites. The topping cooked but didn't brown and form a crust, even after some time in the broiler. Visit Ina at BarefootContessa.com. Fabulous! Yum.

I worred that 150 degrees wasn't done enough and cooked it to 165 degrees (just over 2 hrs). The best chapters are Vegetables, offering several simple but tasty side dishes, and Breakfast of course. Condition: BRAND NEW. Brush with the melted butter, sprinkle generously with salt and pepper, and roast for 1-3/4 to 2 hours, until a thermometer reads 150 degrees in the center. Subbed pomegranate seeds for the cranberries. I love this recipe! Just added required amt into broth to defrost and heat through. The salad was very good; it didn't really need extra salt. This was my first time in 25 years of cooking for the man that my food ever received a perfect ten! I had to throw away 2 turnovers because they got mangled upon transfer to the baking sheet. Although the turnovers were hard to assemble, the ones that survived tasted delicious.

The pork was cooked perfectly and was very tender. Publication Date: October 28, 2008. Cookbook author Ina Gaten's new "Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics" is the kind of book that every beginning cook should own. Watch the roasting time, as my onion and apple burned a bit and were done before 35 min. The arugula only needed 1/4 of the dressing.Tasty pizza, nice with a sprinkle of fleur de sel. I also own Barefoot in Paris and family style, but I think the subject matter of this one is her forte. They were good on the burgers. Hardcover. Hardcover, Book Description Clarkson Potter, 2008. Sweet potatoes are available year-round, but their prime season is really autumn and winter. We had it on whole grain cocktail bread. Whoo hoo! I LOVE Ina Garten! They were good, not great. This is the same pesto recipe as in "How Easy is That?". p. 72 - 2010 - First attempt w this rec that will now be a fave. 136 For us this was just ok. The yogurt topping was delicious. There was, of course, leftover beef. Il analyse également les commentaires pour vérifier leur fiabilité. Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics: Fabulous Flavor from Simple Ingredients. This will be the first cookbook in a growing collection of Barefoot Contessa cookbooks!

AbeBooks.com: Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics: Fabulous Flavor from Simple Ingredients: A Cookbook (9781400054350) by Garten, Ina and a great selection of similar New, Used and Collectible Books available now at great prices. Book Description Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics is the essential Ina Garten cookbook, focusing on the techniques behind her elegant food and easy entertaining style, and offering nearly a hundred brand-new recipes that will become trusted favorites. You can't go wrong with anything in her cookbooks!! Half the salt was enough for my taste. My family loves this dish. I used burrata cheese. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. This is delicious. Although my tomatoes were fairly anemic, they turned out quite tasty. Including the dog biscuit recipe. Any steak would taste good prepared this way - so flavorful. Great flavor for relatively little effort compared with other coq au vin recipes. Ina also writes a column on entertaining for House Beautiful magazine. I made about 1/2 recipe but with the full amounts of fennel and potato. Served with sauteed broccoli rabe and grilled pineapple. Pour sortir de ce carrousel, utilisez votre touche de raccourci d'en-tête pour accéder à l'en-tête suivant ou précédent. This was too sweet for me. But after 18 years, Ina needed a new challenge and she turned her hand to writing up her wonderful recipes and the great tips on style and entertaining that are the hallmark of her work. Cover the turkey with aluminum foil and allow it to rest at room temperature for 15 minutes. Elegant presentation. These are easy to make and quite delicious. Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics: Fabulous Flavor from Simple Ingredients: A Cookbook [Hardcover] Garten Ina. The topping was super good. Satisfaction Guaranteed! They would be great served with some wine or snacked on any time... A really good thing to have on hand when quests are over. Love the recipes on it. Retrouvez Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics: Fabulous Flavor from Simple Ingredients by Ina Garten(2008-10-28) et des millions de livres en stock sur Amazon.fr. I didn’t use the sugar, cream, or croutons, and I used my immersion blender to make it creamy. And she is such a sweetie! Free shipping for many products! I made it, froze it, then ovenighted it to my mom when she was sick; she defrosted it and reheated it for a group a family and they couldn't give enough raves. Stylish, simple recipes. Nice flavor, easy.

I loved the idea of adding bananas as a topping. Barefoot Contessa at Home: Everyday Recipes You'll Make Over and Over Again: A Cookbook, Barefoot Contessa Foolproof: Recipes You Can Trust: A Cookbook, Cook Like a Pro: Recipes and Tips for Home Cooks: A Barefoot Contessa Cookbook, Barefoot Contessa Family Style: Easy Ideas and Recipes That Make Everyone Feel Like Family, Barefoot in Paris: Easy French Food You Can Make at Home.

Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics : Fabulous Flavor from Simple Ingredients: A Cookbook by Ina Garten Overview - #1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics is the essential Ina Garten cookbook, focusing on the techniques behind her elegant food and easy entertaining style, and offering nearly a hundred brand-new recipes that will become trusted favorites.

Genuinely warm and inspiring, Ina is America's own Domestic Goddess, and her television popularity has carried over to the UK. The recipes--crowd-pleasers like Lobster Corn Chowder, Tuscan Lemon Chicken, and Easy Sticky Buns--demonstrate Ina’s talent for transforming fresh, easy-to-find ingredients into elegant meals you can make without stress.