LOVED the Pico de Gallo; the store bought is nasty and full of unwanted “stuff.”  Besides, the fresh taste accentuates the dish.

I was able to get 5 chimichangas out of this recipe. I have leftovers for dinner tonight, and I honestly cannot wait!

To add more volume to the wraps I used some fresh mushrooms that I cooked till soft with a small Jalapeno pepper and cilantro splash of orange juice, then I mixed that with two wedges of laughing cow cheddar. Add the mixture to the middle of each tortillas and top with shredded cheese. Thanks for all the great recipes you give us!

Thanks. My first review- we LOVED these. Thanks! Can’t find Pinterest tab. Now I can’t wait to make more. Thanks! I made the avocado salad with citrus vinaigrette on the side and I was so impressed with how amazing it was!

If I could give it 10 stars I would!

Sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons cheese. Lightly spray all sides of the chimichangas with oil.

I would have waited for the book. Love that they were so easy to put together, and didn’t require any hard-to-find ingredients…, I’m fond of mine. Just what I was looking for, I am in the process of printing some recipes. I baked them and they were delicious!! Every recipe I have made from your site has been absolutely delicious! I can’t wait to try these now!

Repeat with the remaining chimichangas. Any ideas on an alternative that would still taste good and not fall apart? It is better in the air fryer but if you don’t have one, you can bake it with cooking spray on a greased cookie sheet or silicon baking sheet. Start with a large tortilla and fill them with your favorite fillings. It would obviously be slightly different, but they’d hold up. I cooked my chicken in the instant pot with 1/2 jar of salsa.

They were sooooo good and I was amazed how filling they were.

Will it be again?

Can you use cooking spray instead of oil?

On each tortilla, layer a scoop of refried beans, a scoop of ground beef mixture, and shredded cheese.

You can use any variety of tortillas that you like, but I do recommend the burrito-sized ones for this recipe. Where’s the margarita?” So yummy and the plate looks so pretty. Made un arroz puertorriqueño (Sofrito includes Applegate Sunday Bacon, which adds great flavor) and added drained chickpeas for protein . I purchased pico already made from the grocery store which made it even easier to prep. How do the free style points compare with the Point system now? In a separate microwave-safe bowl, mix together refried beans and 1/4 cup shredded cheese.

This information will not be used for any purpose other than enabling you to post a comment.

Contact Us. They will get soft when reheating in the microwave, but still taste great. Once the meat is cooked, mix in the refried beans. If I had to reheat again I’d try reheating them in the airfryer to see if that crisps them up again. Made gluten-free with Mission tortillas (flour), and also made regular (glutenFUL!)

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I used the same tortillas you did and mine turned out fine. I thought they were a little bland and could have used some more spice but otherwise very good.

I made these the day I got your cookbook and mine were so wet. They turned out great!

My family and I live in Oklahoma City. Contents were very tasty but I think I baked it a couple of minutes too long in the oven. I made these for dinner the other night and everyone liked them! You have a typo in step 3 – I think you mean 3/4 CUP. for hubby. My family loved them! To simplify this for a quick weeknight meal, I used the breast of a cooked rotisserie chicken but you can make your own shredded chicken in the slow cooker by covering the chicken breast with broth and cooking them on high 3 to 4 hours. Came out great. Made these tonight in my Skinnytaste air fryer. this may additionally be carried out with shredded hen as nicely.

“Fried” in toaster oven on convection-cook. Thank you so very much. They only took about 4 minutes in my air fryer. I use El Pato brand tomato sauce that I find in the Mexican section of my local Wal-Mart store. Well done.

The main difference between a burrito and a chimichangas is that chimichangas are usually deep fried; it’s essentially a deep-fried burrito. These are a favorite and turn out beautifully in air fryer.

Especially during this time of COVID social distancing, we enjoy spending a lot of time in the kitchen developing recipes together. It was all fantastic!! They are delicious!

I imagine you could add other ingredients, but this was good as it is.

They are great to make anytime you have leftover chicken.

Wish I could have fingered put how to put it in my WW log…. Steak/beef? Did you bake them on a rack in a pan to get underneath, too? I made these tonight with the leftover beef from French Dip Sandwiches earlier this week. Fold the tortilla up to be sure that all the toppings are securely inside the tortilla.

These are my favorite for recipes like this.

Place the chimichangas seam side down into the air fryer. Have emailed my friends who haven’t found this. (Make sure each chimichanga is tightly wrapped and seam side down in the basket or it will open during cooking.)

Would baking it change any of the calories or WW freestyle points?

Blessings. I also added a tbsp fresh cilantro to my chicken mixture which was awesome as a flavor boost for the filling.

Hi, I’m Gina Homolka, a busy mom of two girls, author and recipe developer here at Skinnytaste.com.

Chicken, beef, shredded pork are all great options. I’ll be making these again!

I usually get either the Mission Whole Wheat ones or the regular Mission flour ones. Thank you! They would be great for game day!!! Easy to make and they were delicious!!

You can use the Quick Add feature in your app. When my husband sat down he said, “It looks like our favorite Mexican restaurant. I served them with Quick Cuban black beans and I’m stuffed. So, so good! We all loved them! In medium bowl, mix together browned ground beef and 1 can of El Pato tomato sauce. These were great.

It’s easy to customize these Chimichangas to your taste preferences.

I would have saved a lot of time if the chicken was cooked already or used rotisserie, but I used what I had.

I put the other three in meal prep containers to take for lunch the rest of the week.

In case you use the burrito size tortillas, you will in all likelihood best be capable of cook dinner 2 at a time inside the air fryer. Is the 7 points for purple plan an error? The second batch I only cooked for 5 minutes and they came out perfectly golden brown. DELICIOUS CHEESY MEXICAN STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS RECIPE, PAN SEARED COD IN WHITE WINE TOMATO BASIL SAUCE, AIR FRYER BEEF & BEAN CHIMICHANGAS RECIPES. Made this for lunch today using the rotisserie chicken and it was so fast and delicious!!!

I wanted another but I’ll save it for lunch tomorrow. Did anyone have any of the chicken filling left over?

I didn’t put any sour cream on mine.

Crunch created a parade in my mouth! I made these for the 1st time tonight. I LOVE Mexican food especially Chicken Chimichangas- which is what I always get when I go out for Mexican.

Brown the ground beef and add the taco seasoning as instructed. Fill the chimihanga within the center, as soon as it’s crammed, fold the perimeters closest to the filling up and then the opposite  aspects in. One thing to note, I got a new air fryer this week and the first batch I cooked for 8 minutes and they were pretty dark.

until crisp. AWESOME !!! Browsing and found your website !

This was amazingly good!

Notify me of follow-up comments by email. I’m just beginning to use my air fryer, but everyone in my family was so surprised at how crunchy the tortillas were (I made both wheat and flour ones) and how good they were in general. I used the rotisserie chicken and it was very easy to put together.

Fantastic and easy. We love going on adventures and exploring different parts of the country. I baked in the oven since I don’t have an air fryer and made the Skinnytaste enchilada sauce to drizzle on top instead of pico (fiancé doesn’t like pico) and served with Mexican cauliflower rice. These are amazing. I baked them and ate 2, totally worth the points! Will return for more, especially around the holidays.

(receta = recipe), I made this recipe and was too rushed to get out my air fryer so I baked it in the oven and it came out nicely!

Even my super-picky daughter liked them.

This was the first thing I made in my new T-fal airfryer and it turned out great.

These are baked or air fried!

With that addition I used a very small amount of 2% shredded cheese, All that was divided up on top of chicken before rolling them up. Really liked this recipe! Yay! They were amazing!! Once done they should be lightly browned on top and the tortilla will be nicely secured.