Fry the beef slices in the hot oil to your desired degree of doneness, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium. A great choice is traditional Beaujolais—especially one of the cru Beaujolais such as Moulin-à-Vent. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir the onion and garlic in … Thanks to other reviews, I was able to make this close to a 4-5 star recipe but am still rating it a 2 because I changed it quite a bit. I have no idea why more people have not reviewed this recipe because it is excellent! Sprinkle the cornstarch over the beef slices and mix to coat. Fill the bell peppers with the ground meat mixture up to the top and more if you wish. Add the 1 tablespoon of the oil. Combine/Stir the sauce ingredients in a bowl.

4 cups water. Ad Partners: SheKnows Media - Lifestyle - See Full Partners List>. Serve as is, or over rice or chow men noodles, or in sub sandwiches topped with caramelized onions. Looks very authentic and tastes authentic too. remove for a while. As a result, several features will be disabled. Whisk remaining ¼ cup water, remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce, remaining 2 tablespoons sherry, remaining 1½ teaspoons cornstarch, remaining 2 teaspoons sugar, oyster sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, and pepper together in second bowl.

Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir the onion and garlic in the hot oil until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. The presence of marbling usually determines the quality of the beef. It worked! 2. Add the bell peppers and cook for a couple more minutes then remove it from the heating element. Learn how to make this easy Asian-style Pepper Beef at home that takes less than 30 minutes. 7. Followed the recipe exactly. Add bell peppers and scallion greens and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are spotty brown and crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.

The more marbling it contains, the better the cut. Combine tomato sauce and Italian … Nutrition - if I made it again. I used a little over half the meat and just eye balled the veggies. Place the peppers inside the cast-iron casserole and cook on a gentle simmer for about 30 minutes or until the peppers are fully cooked through and tender.

Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Combine 1 tablespoon water and baking soda in medium bowl. Cut strips into 3-inch-long pieces. In a medium bowl, combine beef, soy sauce, cooking wine, ground black pepper, garlic powder, and cornstarch. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Simple theme. Pepper steak is a stir-fried Chinese American dish consisting of sliced beef steak (that is often flank, sirloin, or round) cooked with sliced green and/or red bell peppers and other seasoning, such as soy sauce and ginger, and usually thickened with cornstarch. I also used a top sirloin round steak in place of the NY strip and turned out great! Powered by, 1 lb beef (flank, flap or rib eye) cut across the grains. Add half of steak mixture to wok; stir-fry 1 minute or until browned. Stir and cook for a minute. Return steak mixture to wok; sprinkle with salt. Add 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper (optional) and drizzle with sesame oil. Pepper Beef Steak is a classic Chinese-American dish where beef is stir-fried with onions, bell peppers and black pepper sauce. Serve with rice and enjoy. Info.

Heat a 14-inch wok over high heat. The best tags are ones that the general public finds useful -- e.g., Simple, Vegan, Chocolate, Easy, Advance, etc. Make sure that you are cooking in very high heat. Transfer to bowl. MyRecipes may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Pepper steak fry recipe.Yum! Enjoy. From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. 3. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition. Return browned beef and season with 1/2 a teaspoon ground pepper. 3. Add onions and bell peppers. 6. Add oil to the same pan. Add whole garlic cloves and sliced peppers then mash into oil. I also cut down a little on the olive oil and throw in some mushrooms and water chesnuts but it's all to taste. Find recipes for your diet. We use blade steak and it comes out very tender and is delicious with the snow peas and carrots. Add red and green bell peppers to wok; stir-fry 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove ads. In a skillet, heat and add 1 teaspoon oil. Panlasang Pinoy. Using the same skillet, heat and add 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Serve hot. Offers may be subject to change without notice. I do not usually have oyster sauce and omit it without any problem.

(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe), Copyright © 2011 - 2020 CASA BALUARTE. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Brown steak and add mushrooms then add whine, flour, and bouillon. Add onions and cook for a minute. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. It’s a delicious and filling dish that pairs well with steamed rice. I thought this was an excellent dish. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until spotty brown on both sides, about 1 minute longer.

It was very easy and quick to make and will definitely make this again. This is an easy Pinoy recipe if you don't have much time. Return now-empty skillet to medium-high heat and add remaining 4 teaspoons vegetable oil, scallion whites, garlic, and ginger. 452 calories; protein 39.1g 78% DV; carbohydrates 26.5g 9% DV; fat 20.6g 32% DV; cholesterol 65.8mg 22% DV; sodium 652.2mg 26% DV. Best part was I didn't have to go to the grocery. Combine steak pieces, soy sauce, wine, sugar, and black pepper.

Return skillet to high heat, add 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, and heat until beginning to smoke. I added about a tablespoon of hoisin sauce and a teaspoon of chili garlic sauce to the steak marinade and let it sit for about half an hour soaking all that up. Then with the onion/pepper mixture I added some ginger and red pepper flakes all in an attempt to spice things up. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Wine note: When it comes to wine, this simple beef recipe needs care because green bell peppers can make many red wines taste green and weedy, while soy sauce can make reds taste hollow. Add onion and garlic to wok; stir-fry 30 seconds or until onion begins to brown. Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. Taste and add salt and pepper or fish sauce to suite your taste. Mix well and marinate for 30 minutes. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Your email address will not be published. very good. You may need to taper the bottom of the peppers to ensure that they stand. Saute garlic and ginger until aromatic for about a minute. This was delishous!!! Used flour instead of cornstarch and sprinkled in a few honey roasted nuts to give more flavor. MyRecipes is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. Recommend serving over rice. Cut the tops off and remove the seeds. terrific recipe! I did double the sauce and added a couple shakes of red pepper. Stir and cook for a minute. (click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe), Copyright © 2011 - 2020 CASA BALUARTE. used frozen vegetables and came out fine. Add remaining cooking oil to the wok. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. made without oyster sauce first time. Try visiting this page in a Javascript-enabled browser: https://www.bigoven.com/recipe/beef-stir-fry-with-bell-peppers-and-black-pepper-sauce/1698641, From America's Test Kitchen. 422 calories; calories from fat 27%; fat 12.5g; saturated fat 2.4g; mono fat 5.9g; poly fat 2.4g; protein 23.2g; carbohydrates 50.6g; fiber 3.6g; cholesterol 28mg; iron 3.9mg; sodium 613mg; calcium 40mg. So choose a wine with a lot of fruitiness and berry flavors. 2. Cover the mixture and simmer over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes. Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat until just smoking. Stir well for a minute and transfer in a serving plate. Return browned beef to he wok and stir fry for about 2 minutes or until beef is fully cooked. Add cooked steak mixture to bell pepper mixture. Simple theme. Stir fry the marinated beef in batches of 2 or 3 for 3 minutes. Place the sliced steak in a large bowl. very tasty and appealing dish. This quick entrée is equally tasty with just one type of bell pepper. Calories per serving: I also served with udon noodles instead of rice. In a wok, heat over high and add 3 tablespoon cooking oil. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a separate skillet. Combine marinade ingredients in a wide bowl. Serve hot with steamed rice and Enjoy. Add more cooking time if needed. MyRecipes.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition This was a tasty meal. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Save this recipe or Pin It for later. Add the cooked beef to the vegetable mixture and mix well. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time. Mix and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.

Delicious! Info. I don't think you can go wrong with this recipe! Two hours marinading really worked out great. Return browned beef and season with 1/2 a teaspoon ground pepper.

Add onions and bell peppers. Add to skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until sauce has thickened, about 30 seconds. Marinate for at least 15 minutes. 1 tablespoon Shaoxing (Chinese rice wine), dry sherry, or sake, 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper strips (about 1 medium), 1 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper strips (about 1 medium). Check related recipes below by clicking on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. Add soy sauce mixture to beef, stir to coat, and let sit at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes. 2 (1/2 pound) New York strip steaks, sliced into thin strips, 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks. The beef strips is so tender and succulent with freshly ground black pepper flavoured sauce. Stir-fry 1 minute or just until heated. Sprinkle more ground black pepper if needed and transfer in a serving dish. I'd need to add more seasonings - maybe something with a little kick to it? Return browned beef to he wok and stir fry for about 2 minutes or until beef is fully cooked. Pour in sauce mixture and stir well to coat all beef and vegetables. Set aside. I used a combo of fresh veggies (celery red pepper carrots) and frozen (green peas sugar snap peas) added in a little later. Whether you're cooking for yourself or for a family, these easy dinners are sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free. Whisk to combine and set aside. 2 teaspoon salt. Stir the oyster sauce into the onion and garlic; season with salt and pepper.

Preheat a large wok or skillet over high heat for 1 minute. Repeat with remaining beef and 2 teaspoons vegetable oil. The beef can be sliced and marinated ahead of time making the meat even tastier.

Pour water in a cooking pot and let boil. Add half of beef in single layer. Pour in the sauce mixture to the wok and stir until sauce becomes thick and beef and vegetables are covered. Add onion and garlic to wok; stir-fry 30 seconds or until onion begins to brown.