This lamb looks so delicious! I served it with mint jelly and Greek Leon roasted potatoes. While some cuts of lamb are delicious cooked briefly at high heat (like grilling), lamb shanks are a different matter. My family hates the taste. Great for easy entertaining with roasted carrots and salad with homemade blue cheese dressing. Cover and roast the lamb at 350 °F (177 °C) for 2 1/2 hours. Any particular kind of beer and did you use the whole bottle? The leg was 3.4 lbs and took an hour to reach 140. The universe has basically just delivered me the perfect recipe! The lamb shank is the piece of choice that stays at the end of the leg. Photo & recipe sharing policy - My best roast lamb so far ..Thank you for sharing the recipe! Definitely a meal you could cook if you are trying to impress someone, would definitely use this recipe again. Question? Or just try it for an easy dinner with a salad and maybe some roasted root vegetables: it’s a hassle-free way to end the day with something hearty and nourishing. Delicious and easy. Followed the recipe except I. used dried thyme and rosemary since I did not have fresh. Now I left the shank on for it’s dramatic presentation but you can easily purchase one with the shank removed – there’s no advantage here except for the aesthetic eye for serving. My husband does not look forward to lamb dinners, but he said the seasoning in this recipe helped him to enjoy it (as much as he can, as he is not a lamb lover). How long would you cook this with a 2.5-3 lb bone-in roast? Douglas Mary Hutchinson. It’s a recipe, you can omit whatever you want. You can try to reduce the time by 15-30 minutes but as always, please use your best judgment when making substitutions and modifications. I’ve been cooking lamb all my life but never used chopped thyme,but just the addition of the thyme took the lamb to a higher level if was simply delicious,I’ll certainly use this rub again.Thankyou for sharing this recipe. I appreciated not needing to marinate it before putting it in the oven. My kids and significant others gobbled it up! Hi, what temperature did you set your sous vide and how long did you let it broil without over cooking it ? I prepared this awesome recipe down here – Brazil. window.adthrive.siteAds.targeting.push( {key: 'at_custom_1', value: 'myxx_off'} ); I am doing this for a class I need the recipe. Read the full disclaimer. I often get excited about cooking new recipies that turn out to be mediocre plates since I think I’m not a good cook. Oh holy hell that is deeeelicious!! Great addition, thank you! Wow, that lamb looks incredible! from the ratings, it looks good. Thanks for an easy and flavorful recipe! After taking it out of the oven and letting it sit for 15 minutes,I sliced off a few pieces and shared some with my daughter. Definitely I recommend this recipe. 3. Values are per portion. I only used a tsp. Perfect! Absolutely delicious!! Disclaimer • Privacy • Cookie Policy • About • Contact. I will definitely be keeping this one and making it again; it will be our family’s Easter dinner from now on. Sounds Amazing. Did you cook the potatoes with the lamb? /*