Married my high school love, have 2 kiddos, love national parks + running. Drink up! If you want a little extra sweetness, you could always replace 1/2 of the normal amount of apple cider with filtered water.

All rights reserved.Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands. Great question! If your blender still leaves your smoothie a little chunky, you can absolutely strain it if you wish :). Hi there, I was just wondering if you could suggest some ingredients that are really good for the skin, so that I can add them to my smoothies. Hey, I have a food sensitivity to almond and some recipe call for an almond milk base which is the best subsitute to use ?

But we like any brand where the only ingredient is coconut water (no added sugar). The main reason for changing the liquid base is similar to the reason that we rotate our greens: When we use different liquid bases we give our bodies the opportunity to use many more available nutrients. I have Oral Allergy Syndrome which has always made eating raw apples, kiwis, pears, cherries impossible.

The banana adds enough sweetness. hi im in south Africa, how do I get your book lets it?

The thing to keep in mind about fruit juices is their high sugar content. I just learned of your site last weekend while listening to Pat Flynn’s SPI podcast with Jadah. A nutritional breakfast is always first on my list. First, it has no sugar added and only 1 g net carb per cup. With almond milk, cashew butter, hemp seeds and oats, this dairy-free smoothie will satisfy your taste buds and keep your energy levels balanced until lunchtime. Last Updated: September 19, 2020 by: Ginny McMeans. How long do they last? It tastes great compared to almond and rice milk. Even better – coconut water kefir? Learn more here…, https://simplegreensmoothies.com/plant-based-diet/leafy-greens, Looking to make your smoothie more filling?

Al. We especially love our Australian SGS Tribe! Thanks again for your question!

Dairy is one of the highest diet allergies (and often goes undiagnosed), yet can cause inflammation and if you aren’t buying organic milk, you’re also getting doses of antibiotics, hormones, etc that can tip your own body out of whack. They are so quick to make that you can whip up a fresh fruit smoothie in mere minutes and drink it right then. The key to making green smoothies your lifestyle is making it easy and part of your daily routine. Cheers . We love them both! We have so many awesome recipes that use water, coconut water, juice, or green tea that you’ll never run out of smoothies to make. I’m going to have to give it a try! Hormone-Balancing Almond, Maca and Cinnamon Smoothie by Wallflower Kitchen. There are chances that they are packed with much more nutrition than the fresh fruit you buy at the grocery store. It also is full of anti oxidants, but has no caffeine. I mix in an assortment of ingredients like kale, kiwi, banana, cocoa, papaya, turmeric, maca, hemp protein, spirulina, chlorella, beets and other greens. Well, maybe even gorgeous. When we think of ‘power drinks’, smoothies or green juices usually are the ones that spring to mind. I am just starting the green smoothies, im trying to transition and swap out my normal breakfast and lunch routine and do the smoothies. We personally like to make our own coconut milk!

Two great alternative to soy milk are unsweetened almond milk and coconut milk. i think I will exclude this and try another liquid base when coconut milk is in the receipe. Cheers to health, happiness + leafy greens! I steep a cup of hot green tea + allow it to cool prior to blending. ®/™©2020 Yummly. I just have a couple of question? A nut-free way to add protein to your smoothies: sunflower seeds and chia seeds. We’re so excited to have you blendin’ with us + thank you for sharing your experience blendin’ with aloe! Are there any specific smoothies to help with hypertensive individuals (high Blood Pressure)? Coconut milk can be great. 2.

I put 12 ounces of craft beer and a slice of sausage pizza into my blender. They’re a great way to add fruits, vegetables, and fresh leafy greens to your diet, and is a great way to focus your mind + body on health + wellness! Sign up to receive our monthly dose of culinary nutrition inspiration. Our go-to natural remedies to boost your immune system, crush your next cold and help ease congestion quickly. I’ve been on a vegan diet about a week now.

It’s a type of green tea that provides essential antioxidants…. , You’re so welcome, Kelly!

A handful of spinach or kale would take you a long way too. I think many people agree with you, Ronda! But if dairy has you feeling great + you love blendin’ with it…then go for it!! How do you prepare de green tea for green smothies? A tropical delight that will brighten your day, even in the dead of winter. When making green smoothies the liquid-base is one that is often overlooked, but the reality is that the liquid that you use for the base of your smoothie is just as important as any other part. We’re so happy to have you as part of our community :). , I love using kombucha. Personally, we reach for coconut milk yogurt, over dairy, as dairy can be pretty tough on your digestion. We love using green smoothies as meal replacements, especially when we add protein + healthy fats to make them a complete meal, and keep our tummy’s satisfied all day! If you would like, you can replace 1 or 2 meals with green smoothies. Also if I just substitute water instead how do I make up the flavor so my smoothie doesn’t taste watered down?

https://simplegreensmoothies.com/plant-based-diet/how-to/freeze-leafy-greens. Thanks for sharing your insight, Claudia! Great probiotic. Thanks so much for blendin’ with us! Our green smoothies will keep in your refrigerator for up to two days! I have been drinking smoothies recently and have had so much fun trying new one everyday. Our recipes are here to inspire you, so please don’t feel like you need to follow them to a T. Feel free to swap in any liquid base you enjoy! We’re so happy to have you as part of our community!

Then go for it! What about Oat Milk?

A simple, cold glass of water is an…, Why drink your smoothie from a glass when you can slurp it in a bowl using a spoon? And yes, we recommend grabbing unsweetened coconut milk! Here are some of our favorite combos! The meals and snacks we eat every day undoubtedly contribute to our overall health, but sometimes we forget that drinks have an enormous impact too…. A delicate question: Will the green smoothies have a newbie visiting the potty frequently or cause diarrhea issues? Smoothies are my go-to breakfast on most days. Hi has anyone ever tried Kefir as a base? The Simple 7 Challenge gives you seven recipes, a shopping list, and tips on how to blend your smoothie in under seven minutes each day! Thanks! We also love making our own coconut milk…, I am finding it hard to get unsweetened coconut milk. Also, I have ready to drink protein shakes and was just wondering if I could use these as my liquid base? Coconut water is filled with electrolytes and potassium, which are two nutrients your body craves when expending lots of energy. Also, it’s important to rotate your greens to help prevent oxalate build-up in your body. Thanks again! We love blendin’ with tea! You'll never know by the taste if you add a few greens to your dairy-free smoothies. Many fresh squeezed juices offer beneficial antioxidants and helpful enzymes.

I want to loose it in a healthy way. Since it is lactose free it is easily digestible, and its even low in fat and cholesterol free. I have a quick question, in terms of coconut milk, do you use the ones in cans normally found in the Asian aisles or the coconut milk in the cold case. You definitely can! Reach out with any questions! dairy-free milk, unsweetened, you can add more milk if you like it thinner. Join us in 2021. I LOVE IT. I use gingerale. The have a vast range of these drinks and it is made in Sweden apparently. Any thoughts on alkaline water as a base? Make the smoothies yourself to be sure what is inside. Try drinking one green smoothie a day for a week, all without using dairy milk as a liquid base. Thanks for keeping us updated! Most of the recipes I see have almond milk, coconut milk or coconut water. Check out our favorite prep tip here…, https://simplegreensmoothies.com/plant-based-diet/frozen-smoothie-packs. What can i add to make it more filling? Thanks so much for reaching out! Small amounts of organic, non-GMO soy are fine (like tamari and tempeh) but we recommend staying away from highly-processed unfermented soy products which can interfere with nutrient absorption and leach nutrients from your body. Do I need a protein powder or does that just add useless calories and what about the protein?

I am just curious since my husband uses it. I personally reach for Harmless Harvest, because it’s organic + minimally processed. And while we don’t include it in our recipes, I have seen many “fizzy” smoothies on Pinterest. We love freezing bananas, its a great way to stock up + ensure your green smoothie is chilled to perfection!