My son just asked if he could have this for his birthday. Chocolate Cereal Clusters. We may earn commission from links on this page, but we only recommend products we back. Combine the dry and wet ingredients and stir until all the dry ingredients are coated. Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe I hope you love it as much as we do Abigail! 3. Somehow I’ve never realized this. We’ve heard everything: It lowers blood pressure, busts stress, improves cognitive function, protects your skin, and more. Gorin’s favorite options also include Kashi 7 Whole Grain Puffs Cereal, plus Kind Healthy Grains Dark Chocolate Whole Grain Clusters. in Breakfast· Dairy-Free· Dessert· Gluten-free· Oven· Real Food Recipes· Recipes. I am going to try this my next shopping trip! But for the most part, I try to limit excess sugar, thus ruling out almost all packaged cereals– or at least, all the ones that taste better than the box they come in. The dark chocolate granola is a recipe I recently shared and is the real inspiration for this parfait. 8. When I was a kid, Apple Jacks, Fruit Loops, and Rice Krispies (served with extra sugar so the last few bites were essentially just sugared milk) and more were mainstays at our house. The company uses Ecuadorian cacao and sweetens it with honey, and it also meets Keatley’s recommendation of sugar falling later on the ingredients list: Organic honey is the fourth ingredient, behind organic cacao liquor, organic cacao butter, and organic cacao powder. This cereal is perfectly chocolatey and sweet. Thanks for sharing and linking up at Favorite things Friday! Why trust us? ★☆ Advertisement - Continue Reading Below. 2. My family would love it if I made this granola! So good as a cereal with milk, or as a topping for yogurt! This looks delicious! 4. In a small bowl mix together the coconut oil, honey, vanilla and cocoa powder. You might be in trouble, Lisa. You just need 1 bowl, 5 ingredients, and less than 10 minutes to measure and mix everything together. I can actually make it to lunch without horrible noisy grumblings Thanks, and Merry Christmas! In fact, I was at the grocery store the other day, and randomly thought of this post and got really hungry to try the recipe! “These compounds also benefit cardiovascular health by improving blood flow, reducing the risk of clotting, and improving blood pressure levels,” says Whitney Linsenmeyer, Ph.D., R.D., a spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Chocolate, cocoa, or cacao should appear first on the ingredient list, which means there’s the most of it by weight. With all of this in mind, here are the best healthy chocolate bar options to consider: Additional reporting by Alexis Jones and Korin Miller.

Looks great! I’m enjoying reading your blog. Thanks for sharing this and for linking up to Favorite Things Friday with Simply Rachel & Hip Homeschooling!

Per serving: 180 calories, 13 g fat, 11 g carbs (4 g fiber), 3 g protein, 3 g sugar. Thank you for letting me know Elizabeth. And… I have a bunch of wheat bran in my pantry that we bought on clearance a while ago. Cocoa is also rich in iron, zinc, copper, and magnesium, all critical minerals needed for healthy blood, immunity, and cell growth. Per serving: 160 calories, 12 g fat, 10 g carbs (3 g fiber), 3 g protein, 4 g sugar. ?. Nowadays, I may purchase a (somewhat healthified) bag of fancy cereal studded with marshmallows occasionally. These bars come out to just $2.48 a pop! Your email address will not be published.

lol. Having cereal is also a good opportunity to get some fruit in your diet. Green and Black’s dark chocolate bars are 85% cacao and have a bold, savory flavor with a hint of organic vanilla. See my full disclosure policy here. Making granola is also a really fun way to let your little help you cook because it’s a lot of dumping and stirring. I have been slowly trying to wean my boys off the sugary cereal.

It sounds delicious.

Thank you for sharing! We really enjoy ours with fresh fruit too. I have made this cereal few times now and it has been such a breakfast treat. Bonus: This dark chocolate comes in a case, so you enjoy some now and have plenty left over for later (or to share!). At 80% cacao, Pure7’s Dark bar is packed with antioxidants. It’s definitely a favorite around here. The plan was to hit up Whole Foods and, of course, Costco. I thoroughly enjoyed making this with Duncan and I can say he also LOVES this amazing cereal you have created!! I learned a lot from the post. I’m loving this healthy version! Made with only four ingredients and 85% cacao, these sustainably sourced chocolate bars give you rich flavor without all of those unhealthy additives, earning a stamp of approval from Keatley. We buy cereal quite often, but only the basics, nothing to sugary! It’s seasoned with alaea salt (a Hawaiian red salt) for a mellow, earthy flavor and lavender flowers for a hint of floral. Thanks so much for a delicious, nutritious recipe!! Hey there! Cereal School Cocoa is a chocolaty sweet breakfast cereal that contains just 1 gram of total carbs and 0 grams of sugar. Hope to see you again this week! Plus, you’ll get a major dose of antioxidants and they’re low in sugar. Yogurt Parfaits with Dark Chocolate and Strawberries, « Fall & Winter Meal Ideas, Plus Free Printable Menus, Basic Spices List & Tips for Keeping Spices & Herbs Fresh », Easy Homemade Granola - This Pilgrim Life, A Year in Review- 2015 - This Pilgrim Life, 40+ Real Food Breakfast Ideas You Should Try - Intentional By Grace, Yogurt Parfait with Dark Chocolate Granola & Strawberries - This Pilgrim Life, Amazon Book Deal Favorites :: Buy 2 Get 1 Free, Kids Holiday Gift Book Activity & Printable.

Enjoy the tasty flavors of natural cocoa without all the added sweet stuff. Whole, single-ingredient foods — such as oat porridge or eggs — are a great choice. “If you can get 70% or more cocoa and get some almonds thrown in, I can’t argue with that,” says Gans. Prevention participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. It also contains just five simple ingredients. Which brings me to the second thing that happened. Thanks so much for this wonderful recipie. I am having one issue while looking at your page, though, and it happened on another page I was looking at, which makes it hard to read. “It’s best reserved as a treat,” says Young. (2020 Lisa here. ★☆ And yes, it is just as much my cereal as my kids! We, too, try to avoid candy – I meant cereal! This recipes makes a little over 12 cups of granola, so it will last more than one morning (always nice). Per serving: 190 calories, 14 g fat, 13 g carbs (2 g fiber), 2 g protein, 9 g sugar. This is important because chronic inflammation is linked to conditions such as diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, metabolic syndrome, asthma, heart disease, and cancer. Then, as we were standing in the cereal/milk aisle two things happened that led to writing this post and sharing this recipe. As if the thought of savoring a square (or a whole bar) of dark chocolate wasn’t enticing enough, dark chocolate’s health claims are pretty appealing too. All of this led to deciding to make my kids some chocolate childhood magic in a bowl. Spread the cereal mixture evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cording says she “really enjoys” this dark chocolate bar. (Like this Dark Chocolate Strawberry Parfait that is a pretty and tasty dish to bring to a brunch). “This option is just 110 calories per 1/3 … Per serving: 210 calories, 16 g fat, 14 g carbs (3 g fiber), 4 g protein, 7 g sugar. This is a total game changer! That said, many healthier breakfast options exist. These No Bake Chocolate Cereal Clusters have only 5 wholesome ingredients (Rice Chex cereal, dried apricots, unsweetened coconut, raw sunflower seeds and semi-sweet chocolate) and are just 4 WW points on the blue plan!. Per serving: 200 calories, 15 g fat, 12 g carbs (4 g fiber), 4 g protein, 5 g sugar, Here’s What Sugar Really Does to Your Brain, This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. Cinnamon French Toast. Thank you for this recipe! Filed Under: Breakfast, Dairy-Free, Dessert, Gluten-free, Oven, Real Food Recipes, Recipes Tagged With: frugal living, healthy eating. . Thankfully, making granola (cereal) at home is a really simple process. And it tastes just as rich and chocolaty as brownies! My kids love it. This sounds amazing! My mother-in-law helped me save money on our grocery budget by telling me that Costco has big bags of oats for a great price. There’s been lots of research on dark chocolate, but the hype has outpaced the science. This 70% cacao vegan chocolate bar with French sea salt is a savory twist on the classic, minus unhealthy additives. Instructions. Let the cereal cool completely before transferring to a container. If sugar is first on the list or you see words you can’t pronounce, steer clear, or you’ll likely be pumping yourself full of empty calories and fillers, which negate all the good stuff, says Lisa R. Young, Ph.D., R.D.N., an adjunct professor of nutrition at New York University and the author of Finally Full, Finally Slim. So great to hear you are enjoying the recipe Anna! We’ll have to try making this! They are commonly rolled or crushed and then consumed … I’m saving for later! 7 Best Low-Sugar Granola Bars for Snacking, 13 Healthy Starbucks Drinks, According to RDs, How to Make Healthy Cherry Chocolate Granola Bars. Per serving: 250 calories, 22 g fat, 12 g carbs (5 g fiber), 4 g protein, 4 g sugar. , I am a cereal lover to the core, but am trying to purchase it less. Learn how to make the best ever healthy chocolate granola! , […] you like granola or cereal, you have to try this chocolate granola […], […] Healthy Chocolate Cereal  >>> Freezer Pop-Tarts >>> White Wine Creamy Mushroom Sauce >>>  Cheesy Chicken & Salsa Soup […], […] Healthy Chocolate Cereal @ This Pilgrim Life […], […] can make your own yogurt the day before in a crockpot or pick up a container from the store. It’s packed with 85% cacao for plenty of antioxidants and has a smooth and fruity flavor. Per serving: 250 calories, 20 g fat, 13 g carbs (5 g fiber), 4 g protein, 6 g sugar, Matcha tea is filled with antioxidants, so when you fuse it with Ghanian cacao nibs (made from crushed cacao beans) and spirulina (a superfood algae) you get a tasty treat that’s fairly nutritious. Thanks for stopping by! It’s also really great served with homemade yogurt and fresh strawberry slices. But that’s all you need…

So I put the smaller containers of oats back on the shelf and planned to stock up on our next stop. Plus, you’ll feel good knowing that you’re contributing to the livelihood of the women’s cooperatives and cacao farmers in the Dominican Republic and Peru, who produce this company’s organic chocolate. Bake for 45 minutes in a 275° oven, stirring twice during the cooking time. Since we would be passing by my mother-in-law’s work at lunch hour, we also picked her up so she could join us for shopping and a snack-lunch at Whole Foods. Translation: It won’t instantly or directly accomplish any of the above.

I love the wholesome delicious taste of this cereal that has a little sweetness but it is definitely not overpowering. Mix in the dark chocolate. But experts agree that you should treat it like you would any other piece of candy and consume it in moderation. We do buy cereal more regularly now, but still try to mostly avoid the “fun” cereals). You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io, Save $150 on This Super Powerful Vitamix Blender, The Absolute Best Crackers for Healthy Snacking, 30 Best Meals to Enjoy When It’s Chilly Outside. I may have eaten more chocolate cereal than my kids have so far.

A healthy gluten-free option, this cereal is a fruit lover’s dream come true, thanks to a whole lot of berries.