It really is an uplifting against-all-odds story from one of the most important women in our modern legal system who has fought against stereotypes and dealt with discrimination throughout her personal and professional life. The Diary of a Young Girl book. A former lawyer, I left the security of the legal profession to start my entrepreneurial journey and have built ARTventurers into a multi award winning company with franchise branches across the U.K. Named Woman Franchisor 2018 in the U.K EWIF Awards, I write about my journey into franchising, the hurdles I have faced along the way and the challenges of life as a franchisor. The Moon’s a Balloon (1971) by David Niven 2. I am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai This is probably an obvious choice but this book was fantastic. Three women vote at a polling station in New York City in 1920. Surely one of the most inspiring stories of the 21st century—or … A former lawyer, I left the security of the legal profession to start my. Sisters in arms – it’s all about us women standing together this week! One can never read too much, and it’s always a good idea to curl up on a sofa once in awhile and see the world through another person’s eyes. Call the Nurse: True Stories of a Country Nurse on a Scottish Isle (The Country Nurse Series, Book One) Hilarious and wildly intelligent, this … She led an extraordinary life, taking over the paper after her husband’s suicide despite having no experience. Tara Westover grew up in with radical survivalist Mormon parents in rural Idaho and tells her story of escape from physical and emotional abuse—and her journey of self-education.

Before reading this book, I knew little to nothing about Elaine Welteroth’s background. Your email address will not be published.

If you’re on the lookout for a good book this month, we invite you to have a gander at the list we’ve compiled in the gallery above. Indira: The Life of Indira Nehru Gandhi by Katherine Frank. This account of Anne Frank's life as young Jewish girl in hiding with her family during World War Two was written while she was still in her teens. You may opt-out by. Marie france asia (sister site of marie france magazine and mariefrance.fr) caters to all women across the South East Asia region today. 12 Powerful Autobiographies and Memoirs About Badass Women “Bossypants” . Now retired from the game, Wambach, one of soccer’s all-time greats, also addresses the gender pay gap in sports and the discrimination she faced throughout her career.

Updated hourly. Here’s a selection of the best and most inspiring stories of women who have stood out, stood up, spoken out and leaned —all told in their own words: Surely one of the most inspiring stories of the 21st century—or any century—this book documents Malala Yousafzai’s incredible battle against the Taliban for her right to education. Bossypants by Tina Fey Facebook Twitter Pinterest Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. If you buy something using a link on this page, Forbes may receive a small share of that sale. Our most popular products based on sales. Born Survivors: Three Young Mothers and Their Extraordinary Story of Courage, Defiance, and Hope Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Sheryl Sandberg’s book became an instant hit when it was first published in 2015. Luxury French swimsuit label ERES designs a new cruise collection, H&M collaborates with Amsterdam-based Love Stories for first lingerie collection, From Chanel to Wang: 21 Quotes by fashion icons to inspire your life & style, Top 10 Tested Skin Care Products to Pamper Your Skin in 2020, Top 10 Beauty Products of 2020 that You Need to Try Now, Why is Personalizing Skincare Products The Best Thing To Happen To Us, The most amazing things Queen Elizabeth II can do, Chinese Horoscope predictions from 17 to 23 August, Chinese Horoscope predictions from 27 July to 2 August, Our weekly pick of exciting events in Singapore: 27 July to 3 August. Female Furor: 10 Books by women for women, Girl Power: 10 Must-read inspiring books on women, Your email address will not be published. It’s not a professionally written book but a short account in her own words, but that makes it all the more compelling. Book List: 7 Must-read autobiographies by inspiring women 1/7

EY & Citi On The Importance Of Resilience And Innovation, Impact 50: Investors Seeking Profit — And Pushing For Change. But it’s also a day to reflect on the advancements that have been made in order to achieve gender equality, and to recognize that in many parts of the world and communities there is still a long way to go. Across the globe there are women, past and present, who have made a real difference to the continued battle against discrimination and who have become real agents of change. This story was written in collaboration with Forbes Finds. Forbes Finds covers products and experiences we think you’ll love. The diary ends suddenly (and tragically) on August 1, 1944.

A must-read for everyone. Forbes and/or the author may earn a commission on sales made from links on this page. Katharine Graham was one of the most powerful women of her time—as publisher of the Washington Post during one of the most turbulent periods for American media. In 1955, when Rosa Parks stood up against segregation and discrimination by refusing to give up her seat on a bus in Alabama, she forever changed the course of history. The top 25 most compelling Hollywood autobiographies – ranked! I thought I already knew much of her story having followed it in the news, but this book provides remarkable insight into day-to-day life in Pakistan under the regime and also into Yousafazi’s family relationships, including with her father, who was clearly her inspiration. Our pick of exciting events from September 1. Michelle Obama’s personal story is really empowering–an African-American girl from the poor side of Chicago's South Side, who carved out a highly successful career as a lawyer until her husband’s political ambitions forced her to shelve her own plans. Part memoir and part self-help, part career guru and part manifesto, whether you agree with her views and approach there’s no doubt that Sandberg reignited much needed debates on issues surrounding women and leadership. © 2020 Forbes Media LLC. Featured products are independently selected and linked to for your convenience. How to overcome 'baby quake' in your marriage, according to a relationship... Spice It Up: 5 Studios that offer boudoir photography in Singapore. From famous diary entries written by the likes of the late Anne Frank, to more modern tales by celebrities such as Tina Fey, it is definitely not hard to come across autobiographies that star inspiring and persevering women.

Marriott x TED Salon: Meet Zubaida Bai, an advocate for women's health in India and... 6 Meditation & mindfulness classes in Singapore to check out (for when you need... New Study: Eating processed meats like bak kwa & bacon can trigger mania, 8 Most colourful cities in the world to add onto your travel bucket list, Kampong Glam welcomes a new boutique capsule hotel, The reason why you should never order coffee or eggs on a plane, Quirky & Adventurous: 7 Unconventional things to do in Busan, South Korea, Mid-Autumn 2018: 12 Best spots in Singapore for deliciously out-of-the-box mooncakes, 6 Acclaimed Chefs, 6 Intimate Stories: UOB Gourmet Stories (July 2018), Dining Guide: New restaurants & bars to check out in Singapore this August, Treehouses & Luxury Trains: 9 Non-cliched honeymoon trends we're loving this 2018. All of that adversity has led to her becoming a passionate and outspoken advocate of women’s rights and equality since hanging up her cleats. Tina Fey unflinchingly addresses those... “My Salinger Year” .

This is an unflinching look at abuse and addiction. When you read it, it’s difficult to believe that the events she relates happened in America today rather than centuries ago and that it’s not a fictional account, but her life story is a real testament to the transformative power of education.