Instead of being an upscale version of Razzoo’s, Blu Crab is an elegant restaurant and bar with an understated nod to New Orleans, mostly in the form of the menu, though some of the wall art would be on point for a place on Canal Street. You don’t get it at all.” Of course, he or she would be right. The fried catfish is very good. Ask nataliec323 about The Blue Crab Restaurant and Oyster Bar, Ask 548melr about The Blue Crab Restaurant and Oyster Bar, Ask gatoreed about The Blue Crab Restaurant and Oyster Bar, Crab, Oysters, and Shrimp on the Lakefront, Ask nc-stereoman about The Blue Crab Restaurant and Oyster Bar, Ask laagent about The Blue Crab Restaurant and Oyster Bar, Marriott Autograph Collection Hotels in New Orleans, Preferred Hotels & Resorts in New Orleans, Warehouse/Central Business District Hotels, Arts District / Warehouse District Hotels, Hotels near Blaine Kern's Mardi Gras World, Hotels near Vanguard College of Cosmetology, A Paul Mitchell Partner School, Hotels near Blue Cliff College - Metairie, LA, Hotels near University of Phoenix - New Orleans Learning Center, Hotels near Xavier University of Louisiana, Hotels near Herzing University - New Orleans, Restaurants near The Blue Crab Restaurant and Oyster Bar, Cajun & Creole Restaurants in New Orleans, Cajun Restaurants with Delivery in New Orleans, European Restaurants for Families in New Orleans, Late Night Cajun Restaurants in New Orleans, Restaurants for Group Dining in New Orleans, Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in New Orleans, Arts District / Warehouse District Restaurants, Families with children Restaurants in Ninth Ward, Steakhouses for Large Groups in Central Business District, Mr. Ed's Seafood & Oyster House, St. Charles. Home Menu Main Menu; Downstairs Menu; Drink Menu; Dessert Menu; Catering Menu; Kid's Menu; Gluten Free Menu ; Brunch Menu ; Our Story Live Music Contact Us Giftcards Happy Hour Menu *Prices are subject to change. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. They also offer shrimp, catfish, oysters on the half shell, and a full bar. Both were very good, then we split the Blue Crab Platter. Sunny, breezy with views of Lake and marina. I went to New Orleans in April for a buddy’s bachelor party.

We went for dinner and ended up splitting shrimp and crawfish. Somewhere along the line, I erroneously got it in my head that the Camp Bowie seafood restaurant came with an extra side of N’awlins schtick. - See 308 traveler reviews, 106 candid photos, and great deals for New Orleans, LA, at Tripadvisor. Awesome Seafood on the shores of Lake Pontchartrain! Stopped by for a quick lunch on the way back to the airport, and was so glad I did!Gulf Salad with shrimp made for a perfectly-sized lunch - the shrimp was grilled and seasoned just right and topped off the generously-sized plate of greens and homemade vinaigrette.Sit outside if at all possible, to enjoy the views of the lake and the marina.Service was excellent - attentive and helpful without being obnoxious. He was attentive and had a sense of humor. I guess that’s why I always passed Blu Crab.

The deck was very nice.

We also had their sautéed crab claws and BBQ shrimp. Blue Water Seafood & Crab is Craig and Irene's first restaurant. When I popped in, that $5 shelf spoke to me via a bottle of Jameson Black Barrel and another of Piehole Pecan Pie Canadian Whiskey, though there were three other top-shelf brown liquors on special as well. Drink specials and 60 cent oysters and $1 chargrilled. We definitely come back! We started with a salad and gumbo.

1:30 Lunch on a Tuesday was busy so thought it a good sign!

Drinks run about $9-10 each. –– Steve Steward, [box_info]Blu Crab Seafood House and Bar Given the bar’s length, you’d do yourself a favor to get up and walk to the end of it.

One day I’ll go back for dinner, but I’d dropped by for a drink during happy hour.

Overall, though, Blu Crab is quiet and cool and decorated in hues of blue and gray. Big pile of very good seafood. The counter is nearly as long as the dining room. 3-6pm Everyday & every night from 9pm until close! I’d like to say, “OK, New Orleans. It is best to call before going to make sure that the restaurant has crawfish on the day that you plan to go. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.

Here for dinner and it was a good thing to have reservations as the restaurant fills up quickly. Since 1994, Fort Worth Weekly has provided a vibrant alternative to North Texas’ often-timid mainstream media outlets by offering incisive, irreverent reportage that keeps readers well informed and the powers-that-be worried. The Fried platters are great, the charbroiled oysters are tasty, the gumbo is perfect, the shrimp scampi is a great choice and the Wedge topped with a generous portion of grilled shrimp is amazing! I’d call it about a quarter mile of polished granite, its seating neatly demarcated by placemats and square appetizer plates.

Because I had other things to do, I pulled up stakes after a beer and a couple of tacos. The Blue Crab Restaurant & Oyster Bar … The service was great! I find all of the food is nicely seasoned. Got great seat to watch the sunset over the water. I had the (2) crab cake appetizer which was not the best. I recommend the calamari, fried okra, onion rings and the super cold raw oysters. Only issue was we asked for the soft shell crab and when the bill came, it was $22 for one soft shelled crab, no side dish, no separate plate, nothing just a crab on top of the Blue Crab platter.

Went on a Friday night about 4pm during their happy hour. Map updates are paused. Hey, the pink lemonade was excellent. My dirty martinis were also good and cold. I guess that shelf is a clearance rack of sorts, so if you love bargains, Blu Crab’s $5 shelf is right up your alley. Though I can get into the city’s cuisine until my stomach explodes, the perpetual murmur, both sonically and visually, of jazz and blues (not to mention the underlying “base” note of garbage smell) gets old for me rather quickly. For the sheer purpose of unwinding, the vibe at Blu Crab’s bar is choice. A $4 craft beer isn’t a rock-bottom price, but it’s certainly competitive with most other places around town, and none of Blu Crab’s other happy hour appetizers is over $7 –– besides fish (and shrimp) tacos, you’ll find fried shrimp eggrolls, fresh seafood spring rolls, seafood bruschetta, and cups of gumbo. (My sweet tea was never empty for long!) I almost didn't return because on my first visit, the employees at the hostess stand didn't smile or really have any personality, nor did my server but I decided to return because the food tastes really good. While I was interested in the ambience of a nice restaurant’s bar, I was reeled in by $4 craft drafts and $3 fish tacos. Happy Hour - Blue CrabBlue Crab Happy hour drinks every night in the lounge from 9:00pm until close! Blue Crab Seafood House is temporarily closed as of 9:00 pm Wednesday March 25, 2020.

You will enjoy a special discount on draft beer and house wine. Own or manage this property? Private Events? For example, if you sit at the end farthest from the door, you might not notice the shelf of $5 liquor specials.

Great restaurant! . Own or manage this property? Zoom in to see updated info. This is a throwback to when I grew up in New Orleans in the 60's and 70's and our family came out to West End to eat at the many seafood restaurants. See up-to-date pricelists and view recent announcements for this location. One of only a few of the Lakefront restaurants coming back to life after Katrina's destruction.

The Blue Crab Restaurant and Oyster Bar: Sunset happy hour! Coffee and tea are, in a word, powerful.

After working for big chain restaurants for many years, Craig's dream has been to open his own place where he can cook and serve his favorite foods.

I went on last Sunday hoping to order crawfish however they had not started serving them yet. The crawfish were delicious as well.

We’d like to ensure you that we’ll be back in operation as soon as we can. 817-763-8585.[/box_info]. Second to none .... generous portions and cooked to perfection.

The restaurant is located on the water so if the weather permits get a table outside to watch the boats as they go by. Service on the deck was just as good as service in the main room - which isn't always the case at other restaurants, so kudos to the staff of for that!My only regret was not being able to stay longer, to enjoy the sun and the breeze and to try the Key Lime Parfait, which looked incredible on the table next to me. Friendly and helpful service. We were debating on getting the gumbo (because we are native New Orleanians and we can't just eat anybody's gumbo) so he offered us a sample of both the chicken and sausage and seafood to see which one we preferred. Everything was great and the view was amazing. Got to Blue Crab for dinner, waited at the bar for a table on the deck. Besides some incredible meals (first time eating rabbit! This visit, the hostesses were still lackluster but our server, Chris, really took care of us. A great view of the lakefront and lake. We both had a very good, fresh-tasting crab and corn soup! Map updates are paused. Chris helped the restaurant redeem itself with me and I'll be sure to ask for him my next visit. This was my second visit to the restaurant. Most restaurants are serving crawfish at this time. You can enjoy some bite-size appetizers during Happy Hour! Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more. I’m glad I was way off.

Be cautious when ordering the Pontchatrain Pasta it is covered with cheese and the description that is on the menu does not state that it is covered with cheese. Hello! The Blue Crab's setting is incredible .... watching boats come in and out of the harbor, even paddle boarders from time to time .... Don't miss the Boat Parade at Christmas time .....Now on to the food! When Craig and Irene got married a few of years ago, they decided it was time to do it and started looking for a location. more, This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.

© Copyright © 2020 Fort Worth Weekly, All Rights Reserved. That seemed way out of line. Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more. Service is excellent and the food is moderately priced. Ask MartiniShot about The Blue Crab Restaurant and Oyster Bar. The raw oysters, fried oysters and grilled oysters were all delicious. Blu Crabhouse & Raw Bar: Happy Hour - See 980 traveler reviews, 299 candid photos, and great deals for Ocean City, MD, at Tripadvisor. Domestic drafts are only $3 during happy hour, and should you want to get your buzz on quick, a Hurricane can be had for five bucks. We both enjoyed the seafood gumbo.

The Blue Crab Restaurant and Oyster Bar: Happy Hour Visit - See 308 traveller reviews, 106 candid photos, and great deals for New Orleans, LA, at Tripadvisor. I love this place!

On the topic of cheap, Blu Crab’s happy hour is what sealed the deal for me. Manager did make a price adjustment after our questioning the bill.

The Blue Crab has some of the best crawfish. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. Here at The Blu Crab, we strive to offer the unique tastes of fresh seafood and quality steaks providing for an unforgettable dining experience.

Do not recommend it. 6115 Camp Bowie Blvd, FW. The Blu Crab Seafood House & Bar, Restaurants business in Fort Worth. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia.

There are different offerings on either end, ones you might miss if you stop only in one spot. . If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. We ate all over NOLA that week and never saw a single crab sold for anywhere near that price. Site by, Large Document Reveals Misconduct by Fort Worth Police, Most States Embrace Marijuana Reforms as Texas Clings to a Failed War on Drugs, National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame Roundup.