I can’t imagine it will win many games, but it will make a serious impact on those games by spinning a sinister web. She also puts a definite clock on the game; forcing attacks will draw a lot of hate towards us, which is good for Thantis, but bad for our supple, soft bodies, so defense is going to be just as important as offense. Thantis is a creature that I do not want to mess with; she has all the warning signs of being horrifically dangerous, and her design is reminiscent of a Red Widow, also called the Latrodectus Bishopi, one of the most dangerous spiders on the planet. See cards from the most recent sets and discover what players just like you are saying about them. I think a deck like that is what will more likely be seen from Thantis, as attack and combat triggers are all over her page. You can now import it in the MTG Arena client. Thantis being the first legendary Spider with the colors to run all previous Spiders (minus Ancient Spider and Pale Recluse), it makes sense that nearly every playable Spider makes an appearance on her EDHREC page. Luckily for me, there’s more than enough ramp to go around. Manabarbs and Burning Earth are additional great representations of the Thantis’s influence on the world. Discord Server | No portion of this website may be used without expressed written consent. Help | Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window). or perhaps To clarify for those of you who don’t know what a Karoo is, these are Boros Garrison and the ilk. However, any deck of two or more colors will want to pack their respective entries from the Signet cycle, and Cluestone cycle.

I really like the theme of this deck.

This will require TappedOut.js included in your blog.

best. Shirei Master of Reanimation Or was she created by someone or something to serve a malicious purpose?

Scrounger of Souls Continually growing in size from constant feasting, her power has reached new heights and expanded her area of influence, whipping more creatures into a frenzy, drawing them to her, feasting on them, and growing more powerful, etc., etc. as the Witch of Hemwick. Herald of Kozilek sits nicely at the helm of an Izzet Artifact or Devoid deck, as the cost reduction effect can trigger several times in a turn.

Feeds | Reef Shaman effects are technically mana fixing, but I’d be wary of relying on them. Festering Newt Luckily this spider is only located in central and southern parts of Florida, living primarily in Palmetto bushes.

Thermopod is a weird ramp engine for Red, but it is one. Should have seen her back in high school, she was a much more Tempting Witch. Etherium Sculptor and Vedalken Engineer can help you to get some artifacts out there, while Deranged Assistant will trade cards in your library for mana. Browse through cards from Magic's entire history. [Sign Up], All original content herein is Copyright 2020 TCGplayer, Inc. TCGplayer.com® is a trademark of TCGplayer, Inc. Terms of Use |

White, for example, has, Multicolor cards don’t offer much on their own.

Bogbrew Witch Thank you for reading! A giant and malevolent spider who spins a monstrous web of burning mana across a vast forest, inciting rage in every creature that stumbles into its tangle. Tribal is a huge theme on EDHREC, and not only for Thantis: a large majority of the creatures I have written about have many tribe-related cards in their top cards.

Crown of Doom and No Mercy are going to have our opponents looking elsewhere for attacks, while Disrupt Decorum leaves them with no other choice. The monstrous web of mana creates an energy source for creatures and plants to feed off of, inciting rage and filling their hearts with hate. Artifacts offer some very well drawn mana dorks in the Myr cycle (Gold, Silver, Lead, Iron and Copper), with Hedron Crawler or Manakin serving as the colorless version. EDH Recommendations and strategy content for Magic: the Gathering Commander This site is unaffiliated. The card you're designing is one part of a two or three-part combo.

A high instinct to survive must be instilled in order to exist in Thantis’s forest. *shivers*.

The Borderpost cycle from Alara are another option, but I’d normally rather play the land. as the Martyr Logarius? Bogbrew Witch Creature — Human Wizard, : Search your library for a card named Festering Newt or Bubbling Cauldron, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library. They’re a weird form of ramp and card advantage, but they are playable.

Multicolor cards don’t offer much on their own. If you switched formats to Legacy or perhaps Vintage, then you’re good.

Ranging Raptors can do some work, though there may not be enough Enrage enablers. Brutal_B Don't judge Yawg too harshly, that's Bogbrew Witch after the baby. Original idea was make it heavy on enchantments and artifacts with few creatures. We’re going to come at this from two angles: preventing combat damage, and encouraging combat between other players. share. Chittering Witch They’re still viable contenders today, and I wouldn’t think twice about jamming one.

A bite from a Red Widow is rarely fatal, as they are too small to deliver more than 1/5th of a lethal dose to a human, but still. Brago, King Eternal Search for the perfect addition to your deck. Yavimaya Elder, Sakura Tribe-Elder, Viridian Emissary, Oasis Ritualist, Werebear, Wall of Roots, Axebane Guardian, Quirion Elves, Devoted Druid, Druid of the Cowl, Druid of the Anima, Llanowar Elves, Elvish Mystic, Fyndhorn Elves, Boreal Druid, Elves of Deep Shadow, and Avacyn’s Pilgrim are the top end of the innumerable list of mana dorks green offers. This line of thinking is what brought me to the sub-theme of Witches in the first place. Articles and comments are user-submitted and do not represent official endorsements of this site. Cauldron Familiar Edge of Autumn is an interesting card. Please help me I don't know what I'm doing!

Contact | Feeds | “PDH Home Base" is unofficial Fan Content permitted under the Fan Content Policy.

Contact | 100% Upvoted. Also, Lifeline is not Modern legal. Some more possibilities