I grew up in Brazil. Thanks again! Put the tapioca flour in a bowl. Tapioca flour is gluten-free, so this cheese bread is great for gluten-free eaters.

When the mixture comes to a boil, remove from heat immediately, and stir in tapioca flour and garlic until smooth. 1) heat the water/oil/milk to boiling then the tapioca will seize. I’m interested in making this bread, but there is no Nutrition statement. You may need to use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the blender so that everything gets blended well. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition I bought some at a grocery store frozen and they were so convenient I’ve been wanting to do it myself. Hi Bekah, personally I haven’t tried freezing the batter, though I have often frozen the baked cheese bread. Elise is dedicated to helping home cooks be successful in the kitchen. 3) try a mix of parm & queso fresco for a nicer texture. 6 free range eggs. Thank you thank you thank you. I used the 1 & 1/2 inch scoop that I use to make drop cookies to put the dough on the cookie sheet. As a matter of fact, I do! But then, I went back and rolled each little ball between my well-oiled hands to smooth them. 385 calories; protein 6.3g 13% DV; carbohydrates 39.9g 13% DV; fat 22.6g 35% DV; cholesterol 70.9mg 24% DV; sodium 555.1mg 22% DV. Yeah! Elise is a graduate of Stanford University, and lives in Sacramento, California. But then, I went back and rolled each little ball between my well-oiled hands to smooth them. I adore these cheese puffs and make them regularly from this recipe. I am from Brazil and am so grateful to have found this recipe. Hi Samantha, here’s what Elise advised another reader who wanted to swap glutinous rice flour (not the same thing, but similar-ish) “This bread is designed to be used with tapioca flour. A few changes to make it taste like the original dish: NO garlic whatsoever, real butter instead of oil and more cheese (about 2/3 cup more cheese). Thank you so much for sharing this super easy recipe! I did take out the garlic as that's not a normal thing for this bread, and I switched the ratio of water and oil as there was WAY too much oil in it. 921 suggested recipes. 4 Bake: Bake at 400°F in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until all puffy and nicely browned. I had to bake them a little longer, but then, my oven's always slow. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Our tour of Brazil continues. That said, I can tell you that this cheese bread recipe is almost pure starch, as tapioca is a starch.