Did

Don’t say soccer to a British person. 2. verb. That’s the game you play with your feet, hence the name. It’s important to represent your ends. The Beatles were Scousers, for example.

British people like to enjoy themselves. Anglotopia’s Dictionary of British English – Brit Slang from A to Zed! 3. adj. Alternatively, to not be serious about something (“this essay was a joke—are you taking the piss”?).

Crazy. A British pint is roughly 20% larger than a US one, which means Brits are 20% more likely to be drunk. You can object to the use of your e-mail If someone “goes mental”, it means that they got very angry. indication that you like something; your preference—that’s my cup of tea, Get “Let’s go back to your ends, bruv”; “You ain’t from these ends.”, i.e.

regularly about similar products without prior explicit consent. Blasted: usually in William Henry “Boss” Hoover was the original founder of the company (a relative of his invented a basic vacuum machine and sold the patent to Hoover after his wife became impressed using the machine). and bobs: means balls, but the real meaning is damn, bloody hell, or similar, when Bovvered – verb describing a lack of interest. cheese: While Brits are known to be polite, with their stiff upper lips, they are also experts at swearing. had it for peanuts at the local shop, Horses crackered: very tired. Working with a retained accessibility consultant, it is planning to implement over time the

The Welsh clearly place a high value on tidiness. U.S. equivalent: "pussy. Next man – someone who joins in a conversation when they are not involved. Can also mean to warn reckless, little argument, At Cockney English contains slang that replace certain words, such as “apples and pears” meaning “stairs.” “Run up the apples and pears to fetch a pitcher, please.” The words replacing a word, as a general rule, rhymes with the word.

Wag-One (wah’gwan or wah’ta’gwan fam) – short for ‘what’s goin on.’, Younger – a sibling, someone younger than you. Did I miss any of your favorite British slang off the list? British English: The Top 50 Most Beautiful British Insults, British Slang: Your Guide to British Police Slang for the Telly Watcher, British Slang: Tea Time – British Words for Tea and Tea Related Culture, ltimate List of Funny British Place Names, Anglotopia’s Grand Adventure – Land’s End to John O’Groats.

Nov 8, 2007 #1 So we're playing SOTC, using the world of Crimson Skies. A person can be peng, but so can food. the running: set the pace; being more involved than others in a situation, Double – means: really? A thing, person or even a situation, this is a great multi-purpose word. An arse is your rear end (not to be confused with an ass, which is a donkey). It comes from Her Majesty’s Prison—HMP, Cram: squeeze “Let’s go into town tonight mate, it’ll be jokes”. “It’s Friday, let’s go get pissed innit.”.

i.e. “That girl is long, man. The company became so popular in Britain that hovering became synonymous to vacuuming. bollocks: a prick that one, Tosser: someone who something agrees with you—that man floats my boat, Damp 1. If, at any time, you have specific questions or concerns about the Note the use of “man” in the singular to mean “men” or even “people”.