Buddy's two sons, 16-year-old Buddy Jr. and 13-year-old Marco, were in the bowling room with him, when the accident happened and after five minutes of Buddy's hand being stuck in the cage, the boys ran to the garage to grab a reciprocating saw.

Buddy Valastro, the New Jersey celebrity baker who has starred in a host of TV culinary shows including "Cake Boss," is working to recover from an accident that mangled his right hand two weeks ago. Police investigating 2 incidents of attempted rape in NYC, NYC preparing to close schools if positivity threshold reached, NJ tightens restrictions as COVID cases, hospitalizations surge, COVID Live Updates: One big city is returning to 'Stay-At-Home', Port Chester designated orange zone as COVID surge continues, Dr. Fauci's hopeful message: 'Help is really on the way', Broadway stagehand falls to death inside NYC theater, Rep. Max Rose concedes in contentious House race in NYC swing district, Nurse sent family reassuring video hours before he died of COVID-19, NYPD busts alleged gun trafficking ring from Brooklyn to SC, VA, Man in custody after making 'alarming statements' on Philly-bound flight: Officials, False claims spread online about election tech firm, a representative for Valastro told PEOPLE Magazine, Cake Boss Buddy Valastro smashes cupcake icing Guinness World Record on 'Live'.

Cake Boss star Buddy Valastro is facing an "uphill battle" after a bowling accident in New Jersey caused him to get two surgeries in his right hand. Valastro's representative said he faces a long road of rehabilitation and recovery. "Unable to remove his hand, he can see a 1-1/2" metal rod slowly and repeatedly impale his hand three times between his ring finger and middle finger.".

About Us | The "Cake Boss" star and famous baker's hand was impaled while attempting to repair a machine at his in-home bowling alley.

By clicking Sign up, you agree to our privacy policy. Valastro told People magazine in its new issue that he will need physical therapy and possibly additional surgery in the months to come. Valastro has had two surgeries on his hand and was reportedly released from the hospital Wednesday. Contact Newsday | Who might replace Alex Trebek as 'Jeopardy!' Valastro has since had two surgeries, the first at Morristown Memorial in New Jersey, and the second by Dr. Michelle Carlson, a renowned orthopedic surgeon at Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan. "Cake Boss" fans will soon get a candid look into Buddy Valastro's recovery from a gruesome hand injury. He is recovering at home after being released from the hospital on Wednesday. "Cake Boss" Buddy Valastro revealed in an Instagram post Wednesday that his hand was impaled three times during a "terrible" bowling accident at home with his family.

"After trying to release the bowling pin from the cage mechanism, his right hand became lodged and compressed inside the unit," they continued. Stay up to date on the latest vote tallies as compiled by The Associated Press' nationwide team, Princess Diana died when Harry was just 12 years old, Jerrod Niemann Says He's 'Finally in a Good Spot' Nearly Two Years After Divorce from Ex Morgan, Alex Morgan on Balancing Life as a New Mom and Her Move to London: 'Take It One Month at a Time', Mike 'The Miz' Mizanin Says He and Maryse Are '100 Percent Entertainment Company' for Their Kids, The Sweetest Photos of Princes Harry with Diana, First-Time Voters Across the Country Share Why the 2020 Election Matters to Them.

"It just blew out half of my hand," he said. ", 'Cake Boss' Buddy Valastro describes his bloody hand injury: 'It just blew out half of my hand'. "What do you think of my new accessory,?" This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, Valastro, star of TLC's "Cake Boss" and owner of Carlo's Bake Shop, will be the subject of a two-hour special documenting his road to recovery following his injury in September, the cable network said Monday. ", Calling his hands "my lifeline of everything I do," he confessed to the magazine: "I wonder, ‘Am I ever going to do what I used to be able to do?’ ". He underwent surgery earlier this week. Celebrity baker and Carlo's Bake Shop owner, Buddy Valastro, is recovering after a terrible bowling accident. 'Cake Boss' star Buddy Valastro's hand was impaled after getting it stuck in the bowling pinsetter.

Cake Boss star Buddy Valastro, 43, suffered a serious injury to his dominant right hand while bowling at his house on Sunday, the chef revealed on Instagram.Valastro posted a … Your ad choices |

", Emeril Lagasse replied, "Get better quick my friend!". 'Cake Boss' star Buddy Valastro talks new season, Why 'The Rock' is endorsing THIS candidate, YouTube star Brittani Boren Leach welcomes baby 10 months after son's death, Jennifer Lopez’s production company wins $40M lawsuit brought by ‘Hustlers’ inspiration, Kate Middleton's mom reveals 2020 Christmas plans with her royal grandkids, Lori Loughlin's family supporting one another amid her prison sentence for college admissions scandal: report, Kelsea Ballerini suffers 'most embarrassing' moment at CMA Awards in front of Miranda Lambert, Julianne Hough seemingly addresses Ryan Seacrest relationship, admits to feeling 'freedom' after breakup. “I was involved in a terrible accident a few days ago,” he wrote. host? Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. A malfunction with a pinsetter, which has been an easy fix in the past, caused Valastro's hand to become lodged and compressed inside the machine, his spokesperson said. Buddy Valastro's Son Marco Makes His 'Famous Filet Mignon' and Gets Rave Reviews. "It's really preliminary right now, but they're saying it's definitely going to be a long road to recovery," he said. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper.

Reprints & permissions |

After over 5 minutes elapsed, Valastro's sons, Buddy Jr., 16, and Marco, 13, had to use a reciprocating saw "to cut through the metal rod and relieve his father from the machine," according to the rep. RELATED: Gigi Hadid's Dream Came True When She Was Surprised with Birthday Cake from Buddy Valastro. "Cake Boss" star Buddy Valastro is recovering from what he called a "terrible accident" at his New Jersey home. "It will be an uphill battle as it's Buddy's dominant right hand and he will need prolonged recovery and therapy," Valastro's rep added. Celebrity baker and Carlo's Bake Shop owner, Buddy Valastro, is recovering after a terrible bowling accident.