A psychic, a Catholic priest, and a detective team up to fight crimes caused by supernatural forces. Atop this premise, A Werewolf Boy ends up telling a heartwarming story that’ll bring tears to your eyes. Director: A shocking truth for two different families and the struggle to save their families from someone who is already living inside their house. | Action, Crime, Thriller. Woo-sik Choi, Votes: For some historical context, according to Variety, this movie is "based on Mamoru Oshii's Kerberos Panzer Cop manga, whose 1999 anime adaptation, Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade, serves as a direct blueprint for this film’s stunning opening and climax. 117 min Shi-hoo Kim, Devastated, Mija sets out on a journey to save her friend and in the process exposes the evildoings of The Mirando Corporation. This 2001 romantic comedy was a smash hit across all of East Asia, drawing comparisons to Titanic and helping launch the Korean Wave.

In turn, Chul-soo also begins to show affection to her. This melodrama is one of the most well-received Korean romances of all time, and set many precedents for the genre. 122 min And there is her nemesis, engaging her at a challenge greater than any she has had to confront before. But worse than that, they told the world that the SERIAL KILLER had simply disappeared. After a shooting incident at the North/South Korean border/DMZ leaves 2 North Korean soldiers dead, a neutral Swiss/Swedish team investigates, what actually happened. But no - everyone just up and left leaving it open for Jordan to go back and investigate on her own.

Unfortunately, he’s also a failure at death. Korean title: 내 여자친구를 소개합니다 (Nae yeojachingureul sogae habnid)| Released: 2004 | Starring: Jun Ji-hyun, Jang Hyuk. Jung-woo Ha, Seung-bum Ryoo,

The ADULT and supposed professional Berry, who had up to that point been nothing but a decent human being, helps the TEENAGE Breslin commit murder. Hun Jang Turns out this is the same killer that Jordan had dealt with a few months earlier who ended up killing the girl she was on the phone with. Soo-jung Lim, The South Korean psychological mystery drama follows a guy named Jong-soo who runs into Hae-mi, a girl who used to live in his neighborhood.

Why the “creativity”, you might ask? Stars: Great Mystery Film With a Bittersweet Ending.

9/10, R I'll try to avoid doling out spoilers, but just be wary of the next few paragraphs. The movie is set in 2029 where North and South Korea are getting ready for a unification after years of preparation due to political and economic pressure. In a future where a failed climate-change experiment has killed all life except for the lucky few who boarded the Snowpiercer, a train that travels around the globe, a new class system emerges. It's been quite awhile since I've reviewed a movie, but this one warranted one. It's still light out but when they raid the cabin, it's completely dark.

Eun-joo and Sung-hyun live in the same house by the sea — but at different points in time, two years apart. Use the HTML below. Hee-jin Choi, 130 min Chan-wook Park Jae-yeong Jeong, The movie also has a sequel called My New Sassy Girl, which came out in 2016 and stars Victoria of the K-pop group f(x); you can read a review of that sequel here. Woo-jin has an unusual life. You won't have to keep the subtitles on throughout the entire film, since 85 percent of the dialogue is in English. Awards A woman subject to mental, physical and sexual abuse on a remote island seeks a way out. Through many shots of soju, some classic film re-enactments, and a performance of Pachelbel’s Canon in D, My Sassy Girl‘s protagonists provide a highly unique and entertaining love story that’ll make you both laugh and cry throughout its entire two hour run-time. 119 min Perhaps its downfall is it follows them too Closely. Tae-hoon Kim, | It was all extremely tense and clever. Director: Starring So Ji-sub and Son Ye-jin in its lead male and female roles, respectively, Be With You is the Korean remake of a popular Japanese movie of the same name. Drama, Horror, Thriller. | Strong Lead and More Humor than the Previous Two. Check out our list of the 16 Best Japanese Romance Movies! Seriously, it gets more ridiculous and ridiculous by the second- as id it was written by two different people. Horror, Mystery, Thriller. 8/10, R

Somehow, the two begin to write letters to each other (don’t ask how… realism isn’t the movie’s strength), and gradually develop feelings for each other. | Of course, this is a melodrama — so something has to get in the way of that marriage. While Yeo initially satisfies the “sassy girl” archetype at the start of Windstruck, her character becomes more introspective and emotional as the movie progresses. This true-story drama centers around a small-time narcotics dealer Lee Doo-sam (played by Song Kang-ho), who eventually becomes the infamous king of narcotics in Korea in the '70s.

Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$0.99 monthly or US$7.99 yearly (you can cancel anytime). All About My Wife did pretty well at Korea’s box office, beating out The Avengers when it premiered. Min-sik Choi, | Since then Jordan stepped away from being an operator and took on teaching until the day the call came in about the same guy with the same MO and Jordan is the only one who can talk the girl through this delicate situation. My Sassy Girl inspired American, Nepalese, and Indian remakes, as well as Japanese and Korean drama spin-offs. Main character very enjoyable! Director: |

Jung Huh I won’t give too much away, but if you’re looking for a balance between the comedy of My Sassy Girl and classic melodrama, Windstruck might be a good choice.

All very familiar territory so far (even if I was screaming at the screen for her just to climb back up the ladder and finish calling for help to the nearby cops) | Bring tissues: A Moment to Remember will touch your heart… and tear ducts. Bong Joon Ho I would expect another team to come in and start scouring the home looking for evidence or clues to find the teen, or at least learn more about the abductor. Marina Liao is the fashion news editor at MarieClaire.com, where she covers celebrity style (from Meghan Markle to Katie Holmes), fashion trends, and shopping advice, plus conducts original interviews with industry insiders.

For this alone it gets five IMDb stars, or the equivalent of a gentleman's C. The Call centers around a 911 Operational Center based in Los Angeles, CA. | Love, Lies is a unique romance movie set in the 1940s, when Korea was under Japanese occupation. |

Jee-woon Kim At the same time, those “edges” they inhabit actually aren’t that abnormal. The girls house is rather big and dark but of course the suspect goes right to the bedroom she's hiding in then when he hears the phone from downstairs, he pinpoints it right back to that room and under the bed? Stars: There was a constant sense of tension during the 911 call and the walk through of getting the girl to safety. (This movie marked Bong Joon-ho's first foray into producing an English-language film. Eom Chul-Woo and a South Korean government official Kwak Chul Woo now have carry out a secret operation to prevent a Korean war. A monster emerges from Seoul's Han River and begins attacking people.