Full, printable recipe below – just scroll down to the recipe card! Anything that cleans out the refrigerator and makes my family run to the table earns its place on the regular dinner rotation. FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE EASY RECIPE IDEAS. Cover the pan tightly with foil and place in center rack of the oven. In a large saucepan melt butter and add minced garlic. Dice chicken into 1/2" cubes and brown in medium skillet.

Born and raised in Ohio (GO BUCKS!!! Thanks for sharing this cheeky time-smart hack! (Vegetarians need not respond, thanks!). 1 (12-oz.) View Our Privacy Policy Here. The perfect oven to table meal for your whole family to enjoy. Dice chicken into 1/2″ cubes and brown in medium skillet (add some salt and pepper to give it a bit of flavor). cubed cooked chicken — diced leftover chicken, rotisserie chicken, or canned chicken are the quickest options for getting this casserole into the oven quickly. Then we add a simple side salad and occasionally a loaf or two of this easy homemade garlic bread to round our meal out. Required fields are marked *. It’s really good but this Easy Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole rates pretty darn close. It is important to use freshly grated cheese as packaged grated cheese contains additives that will prevent the cheese from melting properly and will change the texture of the sauce. This looks great & I will try it. 1| Pop a 2-cup liquid measuring cup of water into the microwave and bring it to boiling. Saute the onion and celery until softened. My Easy Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. I have not tried a cauliflower rice. Cover the pan tightly with foil and place on the center rack of the oven. Find me on Pinterest for more delicious recipes! If you give it a try, be sure to let us know how it works out for you. It also involves bacon, and who doesn’t love that? Oh, and as an added bonus, Meijer is offering a Buy 3 Get One Free mPerks digital coupon on Knorr Side Dishes right now!

Carefully remove the aluminum foil (there will be some steam that’s released), and sprinkle the casserole with the remaining Parmesan cheese.

Remove foil, top with shredded cheese and bake another 10 minutes. Using pantry staples this is a weeknight winner sure to make everyone want seconds! I’d up the cheese topping to at least a cup & maybe add more cheese of some kind to the mix. And you can conveniently pick it up at Meijer, along with all of the other necessary ingredients!

However, 2 oz of cheese is a measly amount for a recipe with “Cheesy” front & center in the title. You want to be sure your chicken is cooked, as the time in the oven is basically for top browning, not chicken cooking. Which reminds me… Have you tried Meijer’s super convenient grocery pickup and/or delivery, yet? Learn how your comment data is processed. For sure! I like to make super simple chicken casserole dishes for my family.

I love hearing from you!

Want to try this recipe?Pin it to your favorite Pinterest Boards.

Recipes, meal planning ideas and more. I season the chicken before mixing it in then sprinkle addtional seasoning on top of the mixture.

I’m Tara: mom of 5 teens/tweens and one 80-lb. Made with shredded chicken breast, white rice, and lots of grated cheddar cheese, this makes dinner time sensational, and what is equally as good as it tastes is that it is done in 30 minutes.

Stir in the thawed broccoli, cubed chicken, and diced onion. Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish and top with additional cheddar cheese.

Chicken and rice casserole is made with shredded chicken breast, cooked white rice, cooking wine, chicken stock, and grated cheddar cheese. PIN IT NOW! This recipe was created in partnership with Knorr®. Top with the mozzarella cheese.

You could poach some chicken breasts to use in your rice mixture. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, and reheat until piping hot in microwave.

3/4 cup Minute Rice But I have found my kids to be very forgiving of the added vegetables when the whole dish is covered in cheese sauce. I’m happily married to the love of my life – a hot American boy I met while traveling the world. Everything, even the rice, cooks in a single baking dish so all you have to do is pop it into the oven. Pour into prepared casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes. With fall right around the corner, I know we can ALL use another super easy weeknight meal in our recipe repertoire, and this cheesy chicken and rice casserole is the perfect fit for so many reasons.

I stock up on Knorr Sides with each grocery trip to Meijer, not only for sides and as meal starters, but because my kids often make them as a quick lunch, too. Coat with cooking spray or a thin coat of butter or oil. I knew they would love this Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole but I was on the fence as to if I would really be that happy with it. I add all of the seasoning in the rice mixture and on top. This divine ooey-gooey cheesy chicken and rice casserole recipe comes together with just 6 simple ingredients, all of which you likely already have in your pantry and freezer!

The kids really enjoyed it. I love casseroles!! I am usually not much of a rice fan. Bake 35 minutes. Full Disclosure Policy.

Tag @unsophisticook on Instagram and hashtag it #unsophisticook. A weeknight winner that is sure to make everyone want seconds! Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

WHILE YOU’RE AT IT, LET’S BE FRIENDS!

My kids go absolutely nuts when I make this for dinner, so I typically double it to make two casseroles. I was super excited that they liked this one. Remove foil, top with shredded cheeseand bake another 10 minutes.

Continue to heat and whisk until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Bring to a boil and whisk until thickens, then reduce heat.

Can you skip the broccoli?! If you already have cooked chicken on hand (be it leftover, rotisserie, or canned), congratulations, making this cheesy chicken broccoli and rice casserole recipe is pretty much a dump, stir, and bake dream for you! Opting instead for fresh ingredients. Using pantry staples this is a weeknight winner! Healthy Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole is one of the oldest, best-loved recipes on my site. Maybe you’ve been wondering about the “shortcut” I mentioned in the recipe name?

I created this dish after spotting the recipe over on All Recipes. You won't regret it! Follow her on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and Pinterest. ), pop the casserole under the broiler on high for about 2 minutes or until bubbly and browned. Add in cheddar cheese and allow to melt stirring to combine all ingredients. of cubed chicken on the stovetop with a little olive oil if you need to. Combine soup, broth, rice, onion, garlic, vegetables, salt and pepper in 8x10" baking dish. Get Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole Recipe from Food Network You can also find 1000s of Food Network's best recipes from top chefs, shows and experts. Make sure to mark the date you placed it in the freezer. In under an hour, you have juicy, white meat chicken covered with melted cheddar cheese over a bed of creamy rice and vegetables. You’ve successfully signed up! cups frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, green beans, corn, peas), 1 1/4

Add the garlic, and cook a further 30 seconds. This particular recipe has no cans of something-or-another soup. I didn't read the reviews beforehand.