Turning a few wholesome ingredients into this chicken broccoli rice casserole … What do I do with the other half? I usually use season salt on the chicken instead of paprika and a little salt and pepper on the rice and I throw frozen mixed veggies instead of broccoli. I suggest SECURELY covering the dish with aluminum foil. Seasoning? Let it sit out for 30 minutes prior to baking or add 10 minutes to baking time. So need the oven lols, Hi Celia, Make ahead instructions are listed in the notes – I hope you love it! For screen reader problems with this website, please call 1-844-995-5545. The taste is good. – Nagi x. Hungry for more? Your email address will not be published. They all look delicious. Frozen broccoli is already partially cooked and blanched. I believe you can make great food with everyday ingredients even if you’re short on time and cost conscious. If the dish is NOT covered properly while cooking, the water boils away & the rice remains hard in a sticky mass. A Well-Rounded Healthy Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole. Never be afraid to substitute with what you have on hand – this recipe is very forgiving and a great base to explore with variations! If you like your broccoli al dente then you can just thaw it, pat it dry, and mix it in after the rice is done. It never even crossed my mind to make a recipe such as this Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole from anything but scratch. I love hearing how you went with my recipes! Smooth surface, top with remaining cheese. Loaded with tons of broccoli, this is a terrific quick dinner idea you can get on the table in less than 30 minutes. Made this today and used yellow carrots and green beans instead of broccoli. I really like it and am in need of updating my cookware.

Being strapped for time doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice flavor. My 19 month old boy also enjoyed this!! Thanks!

. I use the 3.5 quart size 99% of the time! ), Your email address will not be published.

And being the rice snob that I am ( Asian blood), I promise you that this is as far from gluey rice as you can get.

Remove lid – there should still be liquid on the surface. The rice was raw. Required fields are marked *, I made a copy of your Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Rice Casserole. But a quick Google and I was somewhat bemused to find that there are in fact many versions of similar rice casseroles made using canned soup. Add to a lightly greased 9 x 13 casserole dish and top with remaining cheese. Season the chicken. or chicken cordon bleu next! -Frozen broccoli is already blanched so you don't need to cook it prior to mixing the casserole together unless you prefer broccoli that is very soft. Carnitas (Mexican Slow Cooker Pulled Pork), Sauté garlic and onion in butter and/or oil, then. Step 3 Bake for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice … This recipe is great!

If so how long should I reheat for so it not dried or burnt? Cook up some fresh chicken or use Rotisserie! Is that what this is?? If you like it softer, then I would add it to the rice during the last 4-5 minutes or so!

Updated for housekeeping matters in January 2019 – no change to recipe, I wouldn’t dare! Turn off the heat and remove the cover. (Note 5).

Then bake as outlined in the recipe. I’ll put it in bold to avoid confusion! This is a great casserole for rotisserie chicken, 2 cups is the perfect quantity to use. Beef Ribs in BBQ Sauce – slow cooked short ribs!

Once you try it, you’re pretty much hooked. Season the chicken. Cover the baking dish. Let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before you bake it or add 10 minutes of baking time. And follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! Sound delicious. Preheat grill/broiler. Grill/broil until melted (or just put lid on and allow to melt with residual heat on turned off stove). I did deviate from Ritz crackers to French Fried Onions and it was Fabulous.

If possible, I’ll also bake it 350 degree oven at the end to crisp up the top. Season to taste. So easy and soooo delicious! Bake for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender.