Add remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Dough will be very sticky, like brownie batter. Otherwise, you’ll have blobs of chocolate on top of your cookies. I was wondering if I could use coconut flakes and chocolate chips instead of the mounds bar. I used to think I had a fantastic chocolate chip cookie recipe.

Those cookies are picture perfect!! With kitchen-tested quality recipes and step-by-step tutorials, my goal is to give you the confidence to bake and cook from scratch. I have big bags of untouched Halloween candy in the pantry right now that I will eventually throw away and feel guilty about being so wasteful. Adapted from The Best Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. Give these recipes a try!

They taste great, but would like them to be more of s cookie. In a microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate chunks (or chopped chocolate) and coconut oil or butter. Undeniably soft, thick, buttery, and sweet. They were dazzling. Ashley you are my #1 cookie supporter. I'm so glad you've found my site! However, I had a bad encounter with someone’s homemade chocolate chip cookies recently. I must say, these are absolutely wonderful. i’m pinning for tonight!! Delish, but not cute. Yes that’s a thing, and it’s May 15th. Change ), Chicken Parmigiana (aka ‘In-Law Chicken’), Bourbon BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders + Sriracha Slaw. ^Wendy Torrance clearly would like to keep that for herself, thank you very much Cookie Monster. I hate coconut, but kept reading….

For some reason, I’ve never really been into Mounds Bars, but I’m pretty sure I could get over that and eat a whole plate full of these.

Add eggs and vanilla, and stir well until smooth. I simply loaded the dough with chopped Mounds Bars and topped each cookie with a semi-sweet chocolate drizzle. Samuel Warde is the author and chief editor of The Weary Chef, a friendly recipe blog featuring quick and easy recipes for all occasions. For nicer appearance, push extra chocolate chips into the cookies’ tops while still hot. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Roll the cookie dough balls to be taller rather than wide, to ensure the cookies will bake up to be thick. All I would add is that you may have to chill the cookie a bit after you drizzle the chocolate to help it set. • 1 tsp. 5. Simply use coconut oil instead of butter… Genius! 9) No mixer.

It’s a candy that my mom and I used to bond over when I was growing up. 2) Just enough flour soaks up all the melted butter, but still keeps the cookies soft. Cool completely. i’ve had a rough day and i think this is just what the doctor ordered! I’ve made THE chocolate chip cookies and those turned out great!! These are a chocolate chip cookie based on one of my favorite candies - the Mounds bar. Fast, easy & foolproof recipe! Your cookies with coconut cream sound amazing! 1) Melted butter (rather than creamed butter) increases their chewy factor. This is the truth! Change ), Cherry Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. remove from oven and let rest on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. ), I wish I could go trick-or-treating just to get all the candy to bake with too! Whisk the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt together in a large bowl. Pro-tip: Set aside an additional 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to press into the cookie dough mounds before baking. Bonus points: they are EASY. I swear by it for Softbatch-style results. • 1 tsp. Cooking Time: 9-11 minutes | Bake: 350° | Servings: 40 Cookies, • 1 cup organic coconut oil Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the Mounds Bars, chocolate chunks, and beat on low speed until just combined, about 30 seconds. The cookie dough was plain and didn’t have any chocolate chunks in it yet. This recipe is awesome because you can really customize with different pudding mixes, extracts, and chips! • 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition. The shortening is used to create a thin enough “drizzling” consistency. Let me know what you think! They are definitely one of my favorite candy bars. I have had people who don’t really like mounds candy bars tell me how amazing these cookies are. This is to prevent extra spreading in the oven. They will continue to bake on the cookie sheet.