This is a good basic chocolate cake. Good Food Deal

Including Profiteroles, Cupcakes, Flapjacks, Shortbreads, Madeleines. I sub'd 1 c. of packed brown sugar for one of the cups of white sugar because that was what I had on hand.

Then I smoothed it over the entire cake.

The only thing it needs is a "prettier" name- maybe "Super Cake"!

This cake is so chocolatey and moist, and so easy to make.

It tasted pretty good - a lot like a boxed cake mix.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. In a large bowl, mix sugar, flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa.

Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Put the cocoa in a large bowl, add the boiling water and mix until smooth. I halved the recipie and substituted applesuace for the oil and make 6 cupcakes out of it.

Pour the icing over the cake and leave to set. Whisk the oil together with the milk, vanilla and eggs in a jug, and pour into the dry ingredients, then stir in the chocolate chips. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified.

Pour the mixture into the lined tin and bake for 25-30 mins until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. I was trying to make a chocolate layer cake.

If any wet mix clings to the skewer, return to the oven for 5 mins, then check again. Replace the oil for apple sauce saves a boat load of calories and each muffin i made only has 200 calories. Recipe from Good Food magazine, February 2019, New!

It has an easy to make, hardened chocolate topping that doesn't crack when sliced. For the Cake Preheat your oven to 160/140C Fan, and line a 9x13" Tin with parchment paper. Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarb, sugar and a good pinch of salt in a large bowl. I made this cake for a friend with a dairy allergy. Very similar to a recipe my family has made for years. (If the icing has set too much before the cake has cooled, reheat it slightly to make it easier to pour.). Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Easy to make, this traybake is ideal for cooking (and eating!) Beat by hand until smooth. (This cake also freezes well.). Break up any sugar lumps with a whisk. Info. I made this for a friend's birthday and covered it with whipped cream and fresh strawberries. Chocolate Glaze can be used as a topping for all kinds of cakes and tray bakes. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. I buttered and cocoa-ed the pans. Melt the butter in a saucepan, then remove from the heat and stir in the icing sugar, cocoa powder and milk.