and Small Faces. 8 respectively in the UK singles chart despite not even being released as singles in the UK – they got there purely on the strength of the huge number of people buying import sales of the German and Dutch single releases. She also had previously been a backing singer with Wham!

[21], On 24 February 2010, Weller received the Godlike Genius Award at the NME Awards. This was played as part of the Teenage Cancer Trust concerts curated by Noel Gallagher.

work there.

[17], In 2007 Weller was guest vocalist on the album issue by the folk musical project The Imagined Village.[18]. Once again finding himself without a record contract, Weller's Days of Speed worldwide tour provided him with the opportunity to view his works as one back catalogue, giving rise to a second successful live album in 2001. Days of Speed contained live acoustic versions from the world tour of the same name, including some of his best-known songs from his solo career and the back catalogues of his The Jam and The Style Council days.

", reach No.

In 2003, Weller teamed up with electronic rock duo Death in Vegas on a cover of Gene Clark's "So You Say You Lost Your Baby", which featured on their Scorpio Rising album. His father worked as a taxi driver and a builder and his mother was a part-time cleaner. But I'm really glad I signed up! At first I was really skeptical about things, I didn't know if the site was trustworthy. In the 1980’s Paul was also a member of the soulful The Style Council for six years before making it on his own.

Weller's musical vocation was confirmed after seeing Status Quo in concert in 1972. info. Powered by, 7284 W. Palmetto Park Rd Suite 201 Boca Raton, FL 33433, 150 2nd AVE N Suite 710 St Petersburg, Florida 33701. In 1982 the single “Beat Surrender” charted in at number 1 on the UK Singles Chart.

Their farewell concerts at Wembley Arena were multiple sell-outs; their final concert took place at the Brighton Centre on 11 December 1982.[12]. Booking price. This self-titled album saw a return to a more jazz-guitar-focused sound, featuring samples and a funk influence with shades of the Style Council sound. — Martin Tinnell, Las Vegas Concert Promoter. cross-referenced and cross-linked. contact information for over 58,368 celebrities, managers, publicists & attorneys) & 8,063     entertainment companies 24 hours ", "PAUL WELLER TO RELEASE "OTHER ASPECTS, LIVE AT THE ROYAL FESTIVAL HALL, "Paul Weller: 'I miss the chaos and madness, "Paul Weller welcomes daughter Nova as he becomes father for eighth time", "Paul Weller children win damages from the Mail Online", "Paul Weller – Uncut on 'A Kind Revolution, The Bitterest Pill (I Ever Had to Swallow), The Singular Adventures of The Style Council, The Complete Adventures of The Style Council, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Paul_Weller&oldid=986760586, Articles with unsourced statements from August 2009, Articles with unsourced statements from July 2016, Articles with unsourced statements from January 2020, Wikipedia articles with CANTIC identifiers, Wikipedia articles with MusicBrainz identifiers, Wikipedia articles with SUDOC identifiers, Wikipedia articles with WORLDCATID identifiers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 2 November 2020, at 21:12. [24] In May 2010, Weller was presented with the Ivor Novello Lifetime Achievement award, saying "I've enjoyed the last 33 years I've been writing songs and hopefully, with God's good grace, I'll do some more. In Australia it was far more successful than The Jam, reaching the top of the charts in 1984 with "Shout to the Top". Two versions of this album were released: a single disc with a selection from each stage of his career, and a four-disc limited edition, which included every single released and came with a 64-page booklet. He is often referred to as the Modfather. Of the band Jam from the seventies, Paul Weller is a British musician who also found success with a solo career. [34], In 2014, Weller won £10,000 in damages from Associated Newspapers after "plainly voyeuristic" photographs of his family out shopping were published on MailOnline. He is often referred to as the Modfather. Tickets for Mid-Sömmer Musik are on sale now – a 60-minute special, streaming globally online, featuring performances of brand new, never-before-heard songs, full band versions of tracks from ‘On Sunset’ & ‘True Meanings’, plus spoken interludes from Paul.

To get in touch with Paul Weller’s team instantly, simply log in or register online today. His love of … Weller Management is committed to providing an accessible website. [13] After a slow start playing small clubs with a mixture of Jam/Style Council classics as well as showcasing new material such as "Into Tomorrow", by the time of the release of his 1992 LP, Paul Weller, he had begun to re-establish himself as a leading British singer-songwriter. The Jam became the first band since the Beatles to perform both sides of the same single ("Town Called Malice" and "Precious") on one edition of Top of the Pops. His #1 albums: The Gift, 1982 (The Jam).

1 in its first week.

I signed up for Booking Agent Info because I was having a hard time finding management and publicist info for artists that I wanted to interview for the publication that I write for. Weller Management is committed to providing an accessible website. You can get the fee to book Paul Weller for an event, endorsement, or any type of business engagement through Paul Weller's agent. [36], 2009 BRIT award for "Best Male Solo Artist", "Paul Weller: 'Divided Britain' is just another tool of this hopeless Tory government", "Paul Weller, héros distingué et toujours en colère du rock britannique", "Paul Weller, Eventim Apollo: 'the modfather remains a dynamic force, "New faces on Sgt Pepper album cover for artist Peter Blake's 80th birthday", "John Weller: Father of Paul Weller who managed his son for 30 years", "50 years of Quo – and still no fourth chord", "The Jam: December 11th 1982 by Simon Wells - Modculture", "Paul Weller heads up Mercury Prize nominations", "Paul Weller – Stanley Road (CD, Album) at Discogs", "Bookies lose £100,000 after Paul Weller BRIT Awards win 2 February 2009", "Dot Allison streams Pete Doherty, Paul Weller-featuring album online", "NME Godlike Genius award for Modfather Paul Weller", "Dizzee Rascal heads up Mercury prize nominations", "Paul Weller and Bruce Foxton reunite for a Jam", "Lily Allen wins three Ivor Novello songwriting awards", "JPaul Weller 'Dragonfly' Special Limited Edition Vinyl EP Comes Out December 17th 2012", "Paul Weller 2015 West Coast Tour Schedule", "Paul Weller announces West Coast tour in support of new album", "Did you spot the celebrity cameo in Sherlock's finale? His love of music began with his exposure to The Beatles. Weller also returned the favour, appearing as a guest guitarist and backing vocalist on Oasis' hit song "Champagne Supernova". Unlimited Celebrity Searches     Find the contact information for over Paul Weller, born John William Weller Jr. on May 25th, 1958 in Surrey, England is a British singer, songwriter, and musician. He knew he wanted to be a musician after attending a Status Quo concert in 1972. with Steve Brookes and Dave Waller.

www.paulweller.com. With the rejection of this effort, Weller announced that The Style Council had split, and although the final album did have a limited vinyl run, it was not until the 1998 retrospective CD box set The Complete Adventures of The Style Council that the album would be widely available.

In 1989, Weller found himself without a band and without a recording deal for the first time since he was 17. ", "THE place to get celebrity contact information.

Paul John Weller (born 25 May 1958) is an English singer-songwriter and musician.

Our database can be used to assist you in getting Paul Weller endorsements, interviewing Paul Weller, or to hire Paul Weller for an event.

Cross-Referenced Search Results & Reports     Every entry is It was reported that the bookmakers had lost £100,000 in the event, and that as a result would not be taking bets for the awards in the future. Heavy Soul, the follow-up to the million-selling Stanley Road, saw Weller twist his sound again. Thank you for visiting Paul Weller.

questions, make changes, or cancel your account. Brookes left the band in 1976, and Weller and Foxton decided they would swap guitar roles, with Weller now the guitarist. [9] Weller started his education at Maybury County First School in 1963.

In 2004, Weller released an album of covers entitled Studio 150. In 2000, while living in Send, Surrey, he released his fifth solo studio album, Heliocentric. "[25], On 8 November 2012, Weller announced that he would release the Dragonfly EP on 17 December 2012, a limited edition vinyl run of 3000 copies.[26]. [19], In 2009, Weller guested on Dot Allison's 2009 album, Room 7½, co-writing "Love's Got Me Crazy". Bookingagentinfo.com has saved us time and money. [31], Weller became involved with Samantha Stock whilst he was recording at the Manor studio, later having two children together, Jesamine (Jessie) and Stevie Mac (Mac)[32], In October 2008, Stock and Weller broke up and Weller moved in with Hannah Andrews, a backing singer on his 22 Dreams album, who has also toured with his band. You can contact Paul Weller through... Read more.

His most notable album was released in 2008 called 22 Dreams. Customer Service Contact Paul Weller’s publicist to inquire about any media inquiries. Weller was the surprise recipient of the 2009 BRIT award for "Best Male Solo Artist", which resulted in controversy when it was discovered that a suspiciously high number of bets had been placed for Weller to win the award, for which James Morrison was T4's favourite. 3 spot in November 1979. for our Members. Although born John William Weller, he became known as Paul by his parents.[8]. As the band's popularity increased, however, Weller became restless and wanted to explore a more soulful, melodic style of music with a broader instrumentation, and in consequence in 1982 he announced that The Jam would disband at the end of that year. Paul Weller agent will be able to provide you with availability and pricing. Our Favourite Shop, 1985 (The Style Council), and solo albums: Stanley Road (1995), Illumination (2002), 22 Dreams (2008), Sonik Kicks (2012), and On Sunset (2020).