Thanks for the prompting for taking stock of pantry items.

Wonderful recipe, and easy to make in short order! I rarely blend chickpeas into soup but must remember to do so. Add the chopped onion, celery, carrot and potato. http://sweetteasweetie.com/antioxidant-smoothie-post-raisin-bran/. Chicken soup soothes the soul (not a scientific fact yet, but it may as well be). Gently boil,covered,for 10 minutes; Add rice.Simmer, covered, for a further 10 minutes, or until rice is tender; Season and stir in half the coriander; Serve soup topped with yoghurt and remaining coriander

Related: Tomato Coconut Cauliflower Curry. Season with salt and pepper, add the cream and allow to come to a simmer.

).

Stir in peas and cream. Add the shallots and sauté 2 to 3 minutes, until translucent (alternatively, sauté the onion 4 to 5 minutes). A Couple Cooks was awarded the IACP Best Individual Blog award in 2019 by the International Association of Culinary Professional, © 2020 - A Couple Cooks®| Privacy Policy and Disclosure. If you're already a MoM member, you need to login to vote for this recipe.

pepper, soup mix, curry powder, salt, cream of chicken, rice and 2 more Curried Cream of Chicken Soup Practically Functional half and half, chicken, carrots, rice, yellow onions, curry powder and 3 more I thought it kept for a lot longer, so this is good to know.

Thank you for this as it will come in handy as hubby loves his soups during winter. If you're looking to clear congestion, add a few slices of fresh jalapeno to the stock mixture while it … A soup I’ve never tried and it looks so good! Transfer to a 5-qt. Also, wow, who knew that olive oil was supposed to be used in a month? Add the heavy cream and reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. What do you stock in your pantry? Add the curry powder, and stir until blended. The recipes have been well tested and will work for you and your family every time!

I will keep this recipe and thank you for it and thanks for all the people who wrote in and review. Recipes › Fast Dinner Ideas › Creamy Coconut Curry Soup.

The soup also reheats well and is great for weekday lunches. With new years come resolutions, clean closets, and clear minds (for a week or so, at least!). Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with green onions and almonds. Add flour and stir with a wooden spoon to combine. He’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the recipe website A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Sonja seeks to inspire adventurous eating to make the world a better place one bite at a time.

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM: You must be logged in as a member to post.

Pour in the white wine vinegar and stir until it evaporates, about 10 seconds. This pantry coconut curry soup is a clever use of ingredients that are readily on hand, choosing from several of the categories above. I love a good recipe that I can throw together with what I have in my pantry. I’ve been making a variation of this chicken soup recipe for as long as I can remember. Keep reading for this creamy coconut curry soup recipe and a few notes on stocking a pantry. Adding warming spices to stocks and stews not only boosts the flavor but also adds so much goodness to the recipe because the benefits of spices are endless.

Since I didnt have any vegetable stock on hand, I used seafood stock instead and (as expected) it was delicious. Add stock.Bring to boil.

Will certainly be trying this. I made this soup for the first time. Sonja and Alex Overhiser are writer and photographer behind A Couple Cooks and authors of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best vegetarian cookbooks and best healthy cookbooks. Any suggestions? (If using an immersion blender, the soup will become quite foamy; stir for a minute or so to reincorporate the foam into the soup.) A hearty looking chicken soup – thank you – would be yummy with crusty bread. The artistic potential for drizzling as the garnish. Creamy Chicken Curry Soup - a Big City Soup in Salt Lake City Copycat Recipe. Recover password or Join Mouths of Mums. If you're not already a Mouths of Mums member, simply sign up here. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Pantry soup sounds perfect this time of year. Slowly add the roux, and stir to combine. She’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the food blog A Couple Cooks.

I diced and crisped 4 bacon strips which I added at the end of cooking.

*The flavor of the soup will highly depend on the curry powder you use, so use the best brand you can find. Cover and cook until heated through, about 30 minutes longer.

Kari Home Recipes Ingredients Meat & Poultry Chicken. If the curry powder you use is spicy, you may want to reduce the amount to taste. I cooked this tonight; I needed something quick to prepare for work lunches this week and I don’t think I spent more than 20 minutes in the kitchen. I love chicken soup for the times when I am sick – it is comfort and soul food for me! This coconut curry soup is made with all pantry ingredients, so we thought we’d take a second to share some tips to stock a pantry! Used two pounds of chicken breast too.

What’s a pantry soup? I knew this recipe was a hit when I didn't have any leftovers and my husband asked me to make it again. Sonja Overhiser is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best healthy cookbooks of 2018.

Subscribe for free weekly recipes & more! This was fantastic. Cover and cook on low until chicken and vegetables are tender, about 4 hours . This looks so delicious- I would never think to make a creamy chickpea soup. If you have any trouble logging in, please let us know. Add tomatoes, chicken broth, milk, thyme leaves, bay leaves, salt and pepper and bring to a low boil. THANKS for your feedback!

Keywords: Coconut Curry Soup, Curry Soup, Coconut Curry, Coconut Soup, Pantry Soup, Creamy Soup, Immersion Blender, Tag @acouplecooks on Instagram and hashtag it #acouplecooks. I wondered if you can somehow not use canned cream of potato soup by adding potatoes to the beginning of cooking but then what about the creamy texture that the canned soup lends? The kids really liked it. I made this soup and it was pretty good. Taste, and add maple syrup or a few pinches salt to taste.

After the soup simmers and the sweet potatoes are tender, add fresh spinach, cilantro, and lime juice for a pop of freshness. I often make a chicken stock from the roast chook carcass, the curry adds an extra dimension here, A perfect soup recipe as our weather cools.

Add the garlic, curry powder, cumin, coriander and cayenne, and stir for 1 minute. . In a large sauce pan over medium heat melt the butter. This creamy coconut curry soup is vegetarian, gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, and plant-based.

A recipe made only of ingredients found in your pantry. It tasted like chicken pot pie without a crust.

30 Crock-Pot Chicken Soup Recipes for Busy Nights, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips, 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted. —Nancy Clow, Mallorytown, Ontario, Chunky Creamy Chicken Soup Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Listen to our olive oil tasting with California Olive Ranch on the A Couple Cooks Podcast. How can something so simple and fast yield such luxurious results? We made this coconut curry soup with my sister and had a great time drizzling the coconut milk and olive oil in various designs on top. slow cooker; add the onion, carrots, celery and corn. Using shallots instead of onion adds a unique, delicate flavor. I used a big bag of frozen mixed vegetables, cream of ckn soup, no celery and a block of cream cheese instead of the half and half. Take stock of what you’ve got, toss any ancient ingredients, and resolve to make more from scratch this year! https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/chunky-creamy-chicken-soup #Copycat #SouperJanuary. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Learn how your comment data is processed. Tastes great and is really easy to make. We made this yesterday and it was so good!! Made it true to recipe.

Your email address will not be published.

That help me alot. In this Thai version, we infuse the broth with coconut milk, fragrant curry paste, fresh ginger, and cilantro to wake up the senses. and we all LOVE it!

The texture was good, but I thought it was bland. This recipe is great! In a 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, toast the curry powder until fragrant and begins to brown; about 2-3 minutes. Add chicken, potato, apple and curry powder. In a soup pot, heat butter and olive oil over medium low heat. Get the latest news, free product trials, prizes, recipes and much more… first.

Cook, stirring, until onion is soft. Taste and add more curry powder, if desired and add salt and pepper, as needed. Yum! (When you are paying nearly $2 a can, it gets pricey.) Add the heavy cream and stir to blend. The sky’s the limit, so enjoy the creative outlet! Yummo. Hi! Allow to cool slightly before serving, which will allow to soup to thicken slightly and the flavor to develop.

Very simple and hearty. Remove from the heat and set aside. :).

Add stock.Bring to boil. Slowly add the roux, and stir to combine. Cook the flour.

Add tomatoes, chicken broth, milk, thyme leaves, bay leaves, salt and pepper and bring to a low boil. Featured on the Today Show and Washington Post, http://sweetteasweetie.com/antioxidant-smoothie-post-raisin-bran/. Curried shrimp with chickpeas is one of my favorites. A delicious hearty soup that doesn't take long to prepare. I have never had a curry soup before, this looks delicious, must try instead of the usual chicken soup. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. I have added other vegetables sometimes to bulk it up , but it is delicious either way ! We updated the recipe: thank you! I couldn’t stop eating it. This chicken curry soup is going to become a family favorite in no-time. Make it a meal: For a hearty meal, pair this with a green salad and some bread, crackers, or a handful of nuts. Just to clarify, is the coriander dried or ground? Remove the soup from the heat and use an immersion blender or blender to puree until completely smooth.

This creamy coconut curry soup is a “pantry soup” made of only pantry ingredients! And beautiful soup! Drain the chickpeas. Why this is about to become your favorite chicken curry recipe. If not add your email address and you're away... Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating? In a large bowl, whisk the soup, broth and dill until blended; stir into slow cooker.

These are the main items you’ll find in our pantry: *Tip: We created this coconut curry soup for California Olive Ranch olive oil, who shared a tip on olive oil with us! Our favorite part? Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Subscribe now to receive my FREE 10 Quick and Easy Dinners You Can Make Tonight cookbook! It’s important to cook the flour … Cook , stirring until chicken starts to colour. I would probably only give it three and a half, but with these two additions it jumped to a five with exclamation points! To make this cozy chicken curry soup recipe, simply…. I added extra carrots and celery, garlic salt, pepper and extra chicken broth. How to make chicken curry soup Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat.

Increase heat to high. Thanks for the recco!

This looks like the perfect cozy and filling winter meal. I added a frozen bag of peas and carrots 20-30 minutes before done cooking along with the 1/2 and 1/2.