They are so light, yet filling at the same time. Food and Drinks. Berries as above.

Bake for 10-15 minutes, until top of granola is golden brown. With a new, contemporary design and colored lids, Daisy makes it easy to spot the regular Cottage Cheese, with dark blue lids, and light blue for the low fat variety. It makes or a great post-workout recovery drink. Date: April 10, 2014 Time: 9:00 pm EST Hashtag: #DaisyDifference. cottage cheese and just about anything has been in my world forever. Create a cottage cheese parfait by alternating layers of granola, berries and low-sodium cottage cheese in a tall, slender glass. So whether you need a snack idea, a healthy breakfast option or a quick fix for dinner, it all starts with Daisy Brand Cottage Cheese. Plus, it freezes well, so it's great for a make ahead or meal prep. I need to go visit their web site to check out the other recipes too! They were welcomed with rave reviews. Unlike many other cottage cheese brands, Daisy Cottage Cheese has a very basic ingredient list: cultured skim milk, cream, salt. They appreciate what the power of protein can do.

I think parfaits and layered desserts are so beautiful, what about you? Main Meals. This is recipe variation of one my mom has used for YEARS. Mix well until everything is distributed well. This has been a breakfast favourite of ours for many years! It is so good though, and definitely worth the indulgence occasionally. 25 Healthy Halloween Treats – Giveaway too! Picky Eaters Recipes. Her goal is to inspire other moms and families to live happy and healthy lives. I just love granola. Those berry breakfast parfaits look delish! Healthy eating is a top priority for me. It was easy to make in really big batches and it freezes well. This is recipe variation of one my mom has used for YEARS. I layered it with fresh strawberries. May 24, 2016 - Tropical Parfait. It is so good though, and definitely worth the indulgence occasionally. Hi, I’m Jenn, a Boston area mom of two teens and one rescue dog, and married to my best friend. My daughter and I tried the Blueberry Banana Smoothie. You really need to try this Autumn Kale Salad with Butternut. I use the salt- free type of cottage cheese to lower my sodium intake.

Now, this is not your healthy kind of granola, there is plenty of butter and sugar. In a small bowl, stir the applesauce, cinnamon and cardamom to mix. Grilled Peaches with Cottage Cheese A modern twist on a classic dish. For book club, I decided to bring the Cucumber Bites. One word… AMAZING!! Return to oven and bake again until top is golden. May 24, 2016 - Tropical Parfait. One of my go-to staples is cottage cheese. I used 3 sheet pans. Did you know that the Daisy Low Fat Cottage Cheese is just 90 calories and 13 grams of protein per 1/2-cup serving? I eat a similar breakfast every morning, only I have vanilla yogurt instead of cottage cheese. As is the case with most types of cheese, cottage cheese complements a range of pasta dishes. These look super tasty! I am now a cottage cheese connoisseur unafraid to use it in a variety of fun and healthy recipes. Top each parfait with 1 teaspoon of almonds. I never would have thought to put cottage cheese in a smoothie. Pack a serving of cottage cheese with fresh fruit or veggies in an air-tight container for a healthy, delicious mid-meal snack on the run or at work. Do you use cottage cheese in your recipes? Remove from oven, and stir. With about 400 calories per 4 pieces, they make for a great lunch or snack too. I created Comeback Momma to help inspire my readers to live happier and healthier lives. It’s also an excellent source of protein, a good source of calcium, and gluten free. I love cottage cheese. In this multitasking, multi-device world we live in, people are nonstop and need the proper fuel to get them through each day. Top each parfait with 1 teaspoon of almonds. Generally I only use dried cherries and golden raisins. Simple Date Caramel and Peanut Butter Dip.

While the butter and brown sugar are cooking, start mixing remaining ingredients in large separate bowl. I’ve never been all that creative in using cottage cheese in recipes. Strawberry Banana Parfait Great for breakfast, snack-time, or anytime! Repeat the layers in each dish. breakfast, breakfast ideas, granola, healthy breakfast, oatmeal recipes, oats, recipes with oats, Whole grain. Daisy Cottage Cheese is the perfect protein source. She’s traveled either solo or with family to 20 countries and 36 U.S. states so far. You can enjoy low-fat, 100% natural cottage cheese without giving up the creamy, delicious taste. Although almost all of it went to the school, I had to keep some behind for us. They freeze well too!

A healthy way to start or finish the day. Ready to take your life back? Follow with half of the applesauce and just less than half of the blueberries and pecans. 1/2 cup low fat granola with no fruit or nuts, 2 cups mixed berries such as sliced strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil over medium heat in heavy bottom sauce pan. Stir cottage cheese into cooked cereal for a creamy, flavorful nutrient rush. Combine ricotta and next 4 ingredients (ricotta through vanilla) in a medium bowl; stir well with a whisk. Oh Yeah!! Tropical Parfait - Daisy Brand - Sour Cream & Cottage Cheese ... Daisy Brand - Sour Cream & Cottage Cheese. Set strawberry puree aside. Join the comeback club and sign up for all of our latest updates via email!

Serving Size: Makes 4 3/4 cup servings. A former personal trainer, Jenn looks for ways to keep her family fit and active both at home and on the road.

Yummy! Other brands often have 10+ ingredients that can almost read like a chemistry set. Daisy Cottage Cheese is 100% pure, with no additives, preservatives or added growth hormones, which makes me feel better about giving it to my kids too. I just love granola. Yum! I add in my dried fruits at this point. Looking for some new ways to enjoy Daisy Cottage Cheese? Whether paired with sweet or savory toppings for a snack, breakfast, or as an ingredient in a recipe, Daisy Cottage Cheese is a delicious and a new go-to ingredient for me. Meal Planning. People realize that they need proper nourishment – not a quick fix – to give them energy. *Refrigerate the fruit mixture for 2 hours before assembling, if desired. Explore. Whether you want a main dish recipe or a snack on the go, they have a ton of great ideas. If so, share an idea, if not, what would you like to try? First, I decided to create the Berry Breakfast Parfait.

Place 2 cups of strawberry slices and granulated sugar in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth. See the top of the page where it indicates who submitted the recipe. This is a big batch recipe that will make plenty for a large gathering, or as meal prep. It’s also an excellent source of protein, a good source of calcium, and gluten free. In four serving dishes layer 1/4 cup of cottage cheese, 1/8th of the granola, and 1/4 cup of the mixed berries. Now, this is not your healthy kind of granola, there is plenty of butter and sugar. I made a huge batch of granola the other day for teacher appreciation. Yum! It was really thick and delicious. I love a breakfast like this that keeps me feeling full and satisfied.

I decide to use sweetened cottage cheese in lieu of yogurt. Let this continue to cook, stirring occasionally for 5-7 minutes until it starts to caramelize a little .

This is a big batch! We don’t eat a lot of cottage cheese here, but we do eat a lot of Daisy Sour Cream- I bet the other half would love those Cucumber Bites! Daisy Cottage Cheese has completely changed my approach. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Gone are the days when a caffeine shot will do. These all look so good! I decided to challenge myself a bit more and create a recipe with Daisy Cottage Cheese for the entire family. I was full for hours after this one. Top it with a drizzle of honey or a sprinkle of cinnamon. Pour brown sugar mix over oat mixture. . This is the oats, whole wheat flour, powdered milk, salt and any other add in you want baked. I like cottage cheese but have never tried it in a smoothie or pancakes. Definitely will have to switch up my Greek yogurt and try this some time soon! I also have 3 Tbsp of Fibre One and 3 Tbsp home made granola and about a tsp of flax seed. I just occurred to me that I may have never had cottage cheese before!! Working quickly, mix well. No thanks!

I love new recipes! Remove from oven and let cool.

*Refrigerate the fruit mixture for 2 hours before assembling, if desired. Cornet Barcelona – The Cure for the Common Holiday Gift, Zelus Vibration Platform – Up Your Exercise, Simple Home Workouts for Terrifically Toned Arms. Layer cottage cheese with granola and fruit into a delicious parfait for a snack or wholesome dessert. I love that combo. Recipe from daisybrand.com. Jenn Mitchell is a proud mom, wife and adventure seeker. Repeat. It was actually really good. The Daisy website has a terrific recipe section for their cottage cheese. I made a huge batch of granola the other day for teacher appreciation. Some interesting cottage cheese ideas here!

We did something a little different with our parfaits though. Learn how your comment data is processed. Although almost all of it went to the school, I had to keep some behind for us. It is seasonal and…, Y’all, this Simple Date Caramel and Peanut Butter dip is golden. It is…. virtually fat-free delicious banana bread, Berry Breakfast Parfaits from Daisy Brand® calories. The reason for Daisy Brand's name on the picture is that it's a recipe by Daisy Brand. Daisy is extremely versatile and can help power your breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack and pre/post workout. I would not have thought of some of these.

In four serving dishes layer 1/4 cup of cottage cheese, 1/8th of the granola, and 1/4 cup of the mixed berries. Picky Toddler Meal Recipes.

They are a burst of flavor that is absolutely delicious. This meal was almost too pretty to eat. It’s one thing I miss after changing to a vegan diet. To assemble parfaits, spoon about a third of the cottage cheese in the bottom of a mason jar or glass. Fresh granola is a thing of beauty isn’t it?!? That’s it! Daisy Cottage Cheese is 100% pure, with no additives, preservatives or added growth hormones, which makes me feel better about giving it to my kids too. Sunday morning is pancake day so I decided to create Protein Packed Pancakes for all. They are just so good right now! Pour onto parchment lined baking sheets. Typically, I enjoy my cottage cheese naked. I eat it right out of the container or plop a huge spoonful next to a salad. Continue with this same process until the whole pan is baked. Repeat the layers in each dish.