Well into his seventies, Dad could put men half his age to shame. ~ This funeral poem is a beautiful way to thank your Dad for all the wonderful things that he did for you in his lifetime and let him know how much he impacted your life. Hello. As I am standing up here today, I realize how fortunate I was to have him as my Father. He passed away at age 85. Unfortunately, many of us inherited what we refer to as the “Ralph gene”. All rights reserved. They would reminisce and tell stories about their youth, and every once in a while, usually after they had had a few beers, they would forget I was in the room, and start to tell the un-edited versions of their stories. For tips on how to write an effective eulogy for Dad, visit Writing a Eulogy, a Step by Step Guide. That’s some feat for a dog that would chase his dog-dad up and down the ski hill all day long. He was my mentor, my teacher, my friend and my dad. I am humbled and quite frankly impressed at how he must have touched your lives. When we would all get together on the holidays, he would sit in the big old red soft recliner in our living room with his chest all puffed out. Losing my Father is one of the most difficult things I have gone through. Which leads us nicely into the charitable side of our dear father. He was a man of integrity. We feel very fortunate and blessed to have had Ralph as our dad. He fully expected us to see things through, all the way to the end without drama. When you're, The Military Flag Case is from the company that was honored to, The Durango Memorial Tribute Book is part of our designer series. I remember Dad rescuing one (after a short chase in the back alley) and taking her home in the car’s trunk. We were all impressed with the stamina that dad had – he could walk for several kilometers in a day up until the time he got ill. Dad’s love of walking and stamina to do so made him very popular with the dogs in the family. As I stand here, I see friends and relatives that have come great distances to be here for my Dad. Good now.

As a child, I always looked forward to his childhood friends, "Uncle Mike" and "Uncle Dennis"  coming over to the house. We also learned about the art of brewing beer from Dad during regular tours at the brewery. If you’re here today, and I thank you for that, that means that he touched your life in some way or another.

Even if he didn't feel good, he would get up and go to work of course after a little "babying" from my mother. This carried into adulthood where we’d bring Farrelly Brothers movies over to Mom and Dad’s so that we could watch Dad laugh ‘til he cried at the ridiculous comedies. A eulogy is a speech given in honor of a loved one who has passed away. He showed strength and love right up until his last days with us. Life was never boring. But he also instilled in us a core value system that defined who HE was. He was a very good, kind, gentle man. With all those kids in the house, Mom had to run a tight ship to avoid complete chaos, but we could get away with almost anything when it was just Dad around – anything except disrespecting Mom, that is. A true optimist. We've heard many times over the years, “Your dad is one of the nicest people I’ve ever met.” It’s true.

This attempt was in vain. On a tablet or smartphone, adjust in your settings. As a small boy, umbrella in hand, he leapt from the lofty heights of his father’s barn roof. Dad thought it was a weed and promptly pulled it out before Mom could enjoy even one stalk of asparagus from that plant. As we all scrambled and fought in the back seat for the premium view position, he would sit quietly and demonstrate the fine qualities of a patient man. (This was Ralph's favorite expression. Dad would disappear for awhile, then return from the freezer with date square crumbs stuck to his face. For more ideas for a eulogy for Father, visit How to Give a Funeral Eulogy. These "In Loving, Create a memorable funeral video to celebrate the life of your loved, The memorial boards kit and photo collage contains decorations, frames and sayings, Plant the heart and wildflowers will grow in memory of your loved, Nature has the power to provide peace, serenity and comfort. One of Dad’s favourite things to spill on his shirt was Mom’s homemade date squares. Example Eulogies For A Father To Father From Son: My father was a wonderful man. It is through his example that I learned to be the father and husband that I am today. He never seemed to have exactly the right tools, materials or patience to do the best job.

There are not words to express his influence in my life. Find out: Gifts for someone who lost a parent. We also have a selection of songs for Dad in our Funeral Songs page. The result of this infliction is the imminent spillage of food on your freshly laundered clothing. ... Eulogy for a Father. It sounds like he was a great Dad. One order from mom, “Dad, take off your belt!” would have our father the disciplinarian majestically standing at the head of the table undoing his belt buckle. Ralph was a dear friend of mine.

Heaven. This was especially true with Jock and his dog-grandpa. There are not words to express his influence in my life. Eulogy 1 (To dad from son): I would like to say a few words about my dad. Not for dessert, but for a meal – for every meal until Mom returned home.

First and foremost was his love and commitment for my Mother. I could count on one hand how times my dad was sick. My dad was born in a small town in Oregon.

They would all scream when he would get up out of the chair, growl like a bear with his arms above his head and chase them around the room. Growing up, Mom was the disciplinarian – Dad was the softie. That’s when dad’s acting skills shone through. Losing my Father is one of the most difficult things I have gone through. Much to Mom’s chagrin, he also used his hand-held vac to dust the furniture. And that tiger was strong. He was committed to making her HAPPY.

To increase font size: on Windows, hold CTRL and press +.

From an early age, little Ralph showed a keen interest in aviation.