Watch out next week for some more instructions on how to care for…  who knows!!! Fantastic resource and planning ideas - thank you, really looking forward to ding this with my kids and seeing your children's work once completed. December 2015 Favourite toys can inspire great writing!

Receive news and updates about Hamilton Trust, ©2020 Hamilton Trust Privacy Policy, This site uses cookies to give you the most relevant information. February 2014 Individual plans include an outcomes table.

Show Don't Tell June 2017 Terms & Conditions Would it be possible to edit. Social Media This blog is split into 3:The Main Blog DADWAVERSBooksIf you would like to write a guest blog please email me [email protected], July 2019

Hamilton Group Reader, Letters from the Zoo, is used to stretch more confident readers. August 2014 Saving our environment is such an important issue currently. Books required are Dear Zoo by Rod Campbell and Dear Greenpeace by Simon James.

The author of Winnie-the-Pooh models how to write rhyming couplets, questions, exclamations and extended noun phrases. Knowledge Of Texts The children discovered that Mrs Todd was on the look out for a new pet so they then wrote her some instructions on how to care for it:  she is deciding whether to go for a Sloth or a dog!

September 2018

By default cookies are switched off for this site. Example books are Minibeasts (Little Science Stars), Where to find minibeasts, The Very Busy Spider and RSPB first book of minibeasts. Children will practise writing statements and asking questions to compose their own letters. Look at a real envelope and identify the postmark and stamp. 25/11/2018 07:53:33 pm. March 2018 Look at sentence punctuation and structure. Reading Skills

Pupils Back To School December 2017 #bookblast The objectives of the lesson here were twofold, the children practise their reading skills in order to find the information but also to improve their knowledge of Orangutans in order to write about them in the following lesson. They have learned about Blue Whales and if you watch the video clip you will see how you could care for a Blue Whale should you ever come across one! July 2016 Dear Greenpeace - book, teaching resources, story, cards, mat, sequencing, primary resources, play, Early Years (EYFS), KS1 & KS2 Primary Teaching I would love to see more resources like this is on the LSP website ;) I covering persuasive writing... Have you got any examples of the children's work for WAGOLL? Worried that the whale living in her pond is unhappy, Emily writes to Greenpeace, who, though offering the best of advice, insist that it is impossible for a whale to live in a pond. Collective Nouns The originals can be found here.

September 2017 Find out more about our plans to phase out mixed age plans and publish Y1/2 English blocks.

January 2017

Technique :). Looks fab! People love to send me films and I have been sent this one quite a few times over the last few weeks. In one of the resources - sceintific is spelled incorrectly. February 2016 I'm going to be using this as a stimulus for persuasive writing with my Year 6. January 2015 I'll let you know how it goes. March 2014 Literacy Ks1 GreenPeace Teacher This activity is based on the book "Dear Grenpeace" by Simone James. KS2 Writing November 2014 Fantastic resource and planning ideas - thank you, really looking forward to ding this with my kids and seeing your children's work once completed.

Just writing down what I think about school and education. Persuasion Competition students should read the letters and put them in order. Writing Assessment. Children write some information about their favourite minibeast. Spelling 6. dear greenpeace story dear greenpeace planning dear greenpeace activities whales dear greenpeace by simon james dear green peace whale More languages Dear Student: End of Year Poem Card

Read and explore fantastic versions of Hansel and Gretel and Rapunzel. Classroom Displays English Grammar Craft Activities School Ideas Teaching Education Creative Crafts Manualidades. Do you have any other 'Persuasive Writing' resources/plans - much like in the Lit Shed + units, as there doesn't appear to be any? Grammar 9,867 Top Dear Greenpeace Planning Teaching Resources. Explore more than 9,867 'Dear Greenpeace Planning' resources for teachers, parents and pupils.

Dear Greenpeace. KS1 licence. Vipers

I would also appreciate these if available! Thank you. April 2017

Talk about their purpose. Plan a sequence of lessons tailored to your class. The second part of the writing will involve a number of persuasive devices such as repetition to echo the forest and rhetorical questions to make the audience think. Learn more. Find out about the advantages of English blocks. Please can you send me any plans on this. a Hamilton Group Reader Hansel and Gretel is used to build confidence in reading aloud. They explore settings and invent characters using Morpurgo’s Jo Jo the Melon Donkey. Fantastic video to get kids hooked into this topic with fantastic writing opportunities. Twitter Rules Hamilton provide mixed Y1/2 weekly English plans (below). Failure For example, facebook feeds, Google maps and embedded YouTube videos. The children followed the text and read along. I think we should have more perswasive writing and I think that advert should not be banned oranotangs are inportant and so are others good job Iceland! December 2014 These resources are adapted from the great resources that were developed by Greenpeace on the subject.

Land Of Never Believe They have learned about Blue Whales and if you watch the video clip you will see how you could care for a Blue Whale should you ever come across one!. August 2015 Assessment

Whether sharing facts, asking for information or saying thank you, this unit will teach children the format of writing a letter or postcard. Champion Rang Tan Twittiquette Suggested Questions and Activities Before Reading Look at the front cover.

Thanks for a great lesson plan. The Coverage Chart lays out how these are met in a two-year rolling programme (Set A & Set B). February 2018 June 2016 You can enable them by clicking the green button. Following the reading sessions, we then decided that we would write letters to the Prime Minister in protest against palm oil products in the UK. There are opportunities here for performance, the children could choose a section to perform dramatically. February 2015 December 2016 Children use puppets and masks to really get to know the stories and their characteristics. Overview Dear Greenpeace is a picture book story told through a series of letters between Emily and the charity Greenpeace. Cookie Policy and Accessibility Statement, Y3SB Spelling Group: Spellings for 16.11.20.

Really looking forward to using this, thank you! August 2016 July 2014 Currently thinking of writing a letter to the supermarkets/palm oil producers that aren't doing it sustainably, or to the Prime Minister. May 2013, All English: Our flexible English puts the teacher in control.

January 2019

Fear Hi there, I can't seem to download these resources, nothing happens when you click 'click here to download'. Is there any planning for this? A really powerful animation. May 2016 Thank you. Reading What can you see? Maddy. Undeterred, Emily continues to seek the best course of action for her beloved whale, finally setting him free. World War 2 October 2014 Safe within the world of The Hundred Acre Wood children produce original poems in a familiar style. Letters are a great way to communicate! July 2017 Compare with stories about minibeasts which also provide information. Use information books about minibeasts to identify features of information texts. Explore use of rhyme, adjectives and expanded noun phrases. We hope, in time, to develop flexible blocks for this mixed year combination. Technology Reading Vipers May 2015 William Rowan Hamilton Trust is a charity registered in England and Wales (1150524), By using this site, you accept our May 2017 Rita Pierson Finally they write their own story. 25th anniversary edition of this contemporary classic. Please can I have the planning and any resources you have. September 2014 What do you think Greenpeace… November 2017 Free Account Includes: Thousands of FREE teaching resources to download; Pick your own FREE resource every week with our newsletter; Wicked September 2015 February 2017

October 2018 William Rowan Hamilton Trust is a charity registered in England and Wales (1150524). Flanimals

Vocabulary

Moderation June 2013 I'm going to use this with my EFL learners! Are these resources available as a bundle that could be emailed? Donate £33 to get individual access to your key stage. Medium and Long Term Plans summarise books used and grammar taught. Over the past few weeks the children in Year 1 have been using a book called ‘Dear Greenpeace’. Write poems.

Who To Follow Lie Tree Whole School

October 2015

It is a correspondence between Emily, who found a whale in her pond, to Greenpeace. Apologies if there are and I've overlooked them! They then retell or write a new version of a fairy tale of their choice. September 2016 Jabberwocky The youtube video isn't available - it says it's private. Access to this resource requires April 2018

Create your FREE account now! Books This plan looks at Hansel and Gretel by Anthony Browne and Rapunzel by Sarah Gibb. June 2018 November 2018 Using the wonderful Sand Horse (Michael Foreman) children learn the story, retell it, use role play and then create their own version. Study sentence structure including use of capital letters/question marks. Can you please let us know what it was called or change the settings? March 2017 Access to all key stages for up to 30 teachers. April 2015

Inspiration Before reading, we discussed and contextualised the tricky words from the image below. Over the past few weeks the children in Year 1 have been using a book called ‘Dear Greenpeace’. By not enabling cookies some features of the site may not be visible to you. Whole Class Read When using this film with a group of Y4 children this week to tie into their Rainforests topic we began by finding out lots about Orangutans. The children then created information sheets about Orangutans using the templates below.

We hope, in time, to develop flexible blocks for this mixed year combination.

Dear Greenpeace, Saved by Faith Owuor.

Hamilton provide mixed Y1/2 weekly English plans (below). Hamilton's Year 1/2 English plans cover all of the statutory objectives of the National Curriculum for England's English objectives.

January 2016 App Find out more about our plans to phase out mixed age plans and publish Y1/2 English blocks.. Hamilton's Year 1/2 English plans cover all of the statutory objectives of the National Curriculum for England's English objectives. Thank you Reply. Use Where the Forest Meets the Sea and poems by C Warren and A Shavick to describe emotions stimulated by poetry.