Got a closet that doesn’t smell as fresh as you’d like? In addition to promoting wound healing and protecting against infection, some research indicates that vinegar could also aid in the treatment of nail fungus, head lice, warts and ear infections, all thanks to its antimicrobial effects. Over time my teakettle develops mineral deposits at the bottom of the kettle. It helps a little and every little bit helps! Let the spot air-dry, then brush with a suede brush. Drain all water from the system, then fill it with vinegar and run a full cycle. Vinegar marinades tenderize the meat while killing any surface bacteria. And I have used it to clear drains, but you taught me an additional step - to use backing soda with it. Try this instead - http://www.udderlysmooth.com/order.shtml. ttyl. Well, big secret here, they use vinegar! Remove white water rings from wood with a solution of equal parts clear distilled malt vinegar and vegetable oil. Using plain white vinegar mixed with equal parts of warm water and vinegar to help remove hair dye. Poaching Eggs: Add a splash to simmering water. You could start your own company and label it as a "miracle cure." Vinegar is safe to use in both standard and high-efficiency washers and is beneficial to septic tanks and the environment.. All types of vinegar contain acetic acid that works to brighten, soften, and kill odors in your laundry. Can you use the vinegar and the lotion the dr prescribed at the same time for ringworm or just one? Make sure you get both sides clean. Wash them the following morning. We don’t need the expensive fancy vinegar for these tips, save those for the salad dressing and use the plain variety for cleaning with vinegar and its many other uses.

Your computer, printer, fax machine, and other home office gear will work better if you keep them clean and dust-free.

It reacts with baking soda, which is alkaline, and can help add volume to cakes, breads and pancakes. In the morning, empty the basin and run your washer through a complete cycle. For a sore throat caused by coughs and colds, gargle with a glass of warm water with a tablespoon of white vinegar or apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of salt added. It may even help you lose weight! I buy the gallon size and use it for almost every cleaning task. Use as often as needed until your sore throat is gone. If someone forgets to use a coaster, you can end up with those ugly white rings on the furniture. Soak your hairbrush in a vinegar and water solution and rinse away the grime. Jellyfish stings are stopped instantly with vinegar. In fact, one review conducted by the Ahvaz Jundishapur University of Medical Sciences reported that vinegar consumption could improve glycemic control by decreasing both blood sugar and insulin levels after meals. Gently scrub the cups with the paste and rinse. When cleaning laptop keys, you can use cotton swabs in tight spaces between the keys to get any gunk that may have accumulated there and to get the tops of each key clean.

Check out these secrets of people who have impeccable homes (they’re not rich).

We are no longer supporting IE (Internet Explorer) as we strive to provide site experiences for browsers that support new web standards and security practices.

Lela (author) from Somewhere near the heart of Texas on May 12, 2012: Vinegar is a great natural remedy. Let vinegar sit in a jar with strips of lemon zest and thyme for a week or two in a sunny spot, then strain.

ketage from Croatia on December 15, 2015: I throw a little bit of soda bicarbonate down the drain, then pour in vinegar. This is awesome! The vinegar-soaked cloth keeps the cheese from drying out and prevents mold from growing on the surface. Vinegar’s great at leaving windows streak-free, but never use it on an electronic … Well, you've tried everything else haven't you?

Put the mixture in the bottle or thermos, screw on the lid, and give it a good shake. You can use this for any humidifier.

Cleaning bamboo floors is just as easy as cleaning any other surface with vinegar. Until that day, you can often get the wrinkles out of clothes after drying by misting them with a solution of 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water. My husband tends to open a can and walk away, He never thinks about cleaning the can opener when he uses it. In this article, I am going to show you many more uses for white distilled vinegar. To clean your microwave, place a glass bowl filled with a solution of 1/4 cup vinegar in 1 cup water inside, and zap the mixture for five minutes on the highest setting. Give each weed plenty of vinegar so that it will reach the roots and kill the entire plant. Don’t love the smell of vinegar?

Keep the closet door open and let the interior dry before replacing your clothes and other stuff. Wait five minutes, and then flush again with cold water.

Thanks for sharing all of these wonderful ideas! A little scraping to remove residue and dabbing with vinegar will quickly eliminate the problem. It will kill the fungus infection if that is what it is. And I felt healthy right now. Soak your toothbrush periodically to get rid of unwelcome bacteria that may build up on the surface.

I am very picky about how we clean the cutting boards. It doesn’t take long because I live in a hard water area.

This method works for charcoal and gas grills. What about the annoying discoloration along the edges of your cuffs? I usually take a teaspoon of vinegar every day, so this is a better way to do that. According to a review conducted by BG Trauma Center Ludwigshafen, acetic acid has been used for over 6,000 years as an antiseptic agent to disinfect wounds and help treat and prevent illnesses like the plague. Clean inside the mouse with a cotton swab dampened with the vinegar solution.

I use vinegar to clean my computer and electronic peripherals. If it’s getting increasingly difficult to identify the white socks in your sock drawer, here’s a simple way to make them so bright you can’t miss them. My aunt has 4 cats in her neighborhood that belong to "someone" that keep coming to the fence causing her dogs to bark and she is now on her third ticket for "disturbing the peace"...which we are sure its the owner of the cat calling the police. In a small bowl, I mixed a cup of baking soda with a few tablespoons of water, just enough to make a thick baking soda paste. To make it much less noticeable, mix some distilled or cider vinegar and iodine in a small jar and paint over the scratch with a small artist’s brush.

If applied to the skin, it may also cause redness, irritation or burning of the skin. Clean Your Coffee Maker: To dissolve minerals and oily build-up, fill the water reservoir of your coffe machine with distilled white vinegar and run it through a brewing cycle. Rugs and carpets that are matted and worn from too much traffic can get new life with a good brushing. Add hot water to the tub, along with some baking soda and vinegar and let the racks soak for several hours or more. Either problem can be resolved by watering the soil around the afflicted plants once a week for three weeks with 1 cup of a solution made by mixing 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar in 1 quart (1 liter) water.

Keep some full-strength white vinegar in a recycled spray bottle and use it wherever you see any mildew growth.