The foot board side is a full ladder that will support adults with no problem. Do you think I could make the legs out of 2×4 instead of 2×6? -Whatever lumber you want :) I used cheap construction grade pine from Lowes. Smooth the cut edges with sandpaper and repeat the process for the other support. It has the backbone to survive my kids. This thing does not move at all (even when me and my girl are getting it on lol ). haha!! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Thanks for this. Would it affect anything else Exocet the legs? White pine would work just fine. I put all of my weight on one slat and it supported me just fine.

I share a bedroom with a roommate of mine and now we have “so much room for activities” (Step Brothers reference lol). google-site-verification: googled58770e3e483414d.html. So I was thinking of getting a king size loft bed with space for a desk underneath. Try this simple DIY for a minimal bed frame that won’t cost much.

first thing we do are to start ensure that the units can hold up the weight of a king size bed frame plus a mattress and people in bed, double up the KALLAX, like how it’s done here at the bed end. The frame is attached to the ends with regular 3″ or 2-1/2″ screws. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B89mCvHhCABJflBRejg3bDJfSkhzcTc3SHpTZ0REeEk4cl9aYml6WmtHa2lhbnNNT2lnOGM&authuser=0, If that link is causes a problem you can also check out these =), https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B89mCvHhCABJdlJCRGNSeGRLQlU/view?usp=sharing Work with attention and leave no gaps between the components, if you want to get the job done in a professional manner. Shelving abounds in this room. This looks great, thank you. 2X6X10 Q1

Thank you again bro, you have really changed my life!!!

I can’t give you a definite “Yes it will be fine” as I’ve never built it that way. We all have that one room that needs a wood platform bed! I cant really see them on my computer. This is for a full size bed. “Once you determine the location of structural beams inside the room, both on the wall and in the ceiling, you can then begin securing your design within the room,” says Calas. The mattress is 60×80. This creates a strong base for the mattress to sit in. That’s it from me. – What type(s) of lumber should I use for this build? Fill the holes with wood filler and let it to dry out for several hours. There are free bed plans here for all sizes and types of beds including king beds, Murphy beds, daybeds, queen beds, platform beds, double and twin beds, and bed frames.Many of the plans can also be modified so you can get exactly the size and look that you want. Also is there any chance you could tell generally what topics and portions of the build are covered in each of the videos? I want to do this soon, but at six fit in the air. Everything you need to build it as well as the SketchUp file for you to modify as needed is here.

Hi Jay, I’m looking to build something similar to this for my house next year, but I was a little concerned about the max weight it could hold. Thank you! I agree to the following: I love my bed and this is one of the greatest accomplishments of my life. When you say full size loft bed- is that the size of the mattress? How to build a loft bed. The summer break is just around the corner, which means you will have a lot of free time on your hands. All of the slats are 2×4s with a small rabbet to fit in a sub rail. Before starting the actual construction project, we recommend you to plan everything, as to save money and to keep the costs under control. i don’t know if you’ve seen Ana White’s loft bed design or not, but I can’t decide if I am gonna use hers or your design for my son’s loft bed. These loft bed ideas for grown ups living in small spaces will help you make the most of your square footage. Thanks. I have three questions for you if you don’t mind my asking. what type of wood do you recommend for this build? …

A shopping list, all diagrams, the SketchUp file, and 6 videos covering the build.