He even put together a super helpful how-to video! 2 things that might be helpful to your readers… I just saw a bunch of metal like what you used at Lowes but it already had the holes drilled in it. Oh my goodness, you guys. You can also save $20 on SketchUp Pro using our code: …

How cute are my little slots? As a part of the Program, I am receiving compensation in the form of products and services, for the purpose of promoting The Home Depot. I didn’t include the lag screws in the materials list in the plan, because you may need to use different fasteners, depending on the casters you choose. Basically, you hold the tool like so and push it into the edge of the wood. Also inspire your family members to participate in this wonderful DIY grill table.You can get help by searching for wonderful homemade grill table designs.. I chose to use tung oil on the bottom two shelves, which really brought out the beautiful grain and color in the cedar. Then I sprayed them down with some brake cleaner. Hope that helps! I use this Kreg Jig model to drill the pocket holes. So come on out, bring your friends, and let’s build together! Feel free to pin and share this project using the image below. This post complies with the Word Of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA) Ethics Code and applicable Federal Trade Commission guidelines. For the 4 stretcher pieces that are going right under the table top, we did 3 pocket holes along the edge so we can screw the top down. I’m just curious as to how you put the galvanized pipe together for the paper towel holder in a way that it could be removed to replace the roll of paper towels. Okay, now onto the tutorial! Here are the plans for his grill cart. Clamp it together and drill through both pieces to ensure the holes line up. This will be how I attach the butcher block top in later steps. Easy peasy! My friend Brad from Fix This Build That makes and sells these gorgeous cutting boards, so I hit him up with a bunch of questions on how to properly join butcher block. Boom.). Sure, there are bigger and better ones out there, but this one was the right price point and it did the job perfectly well. About: Hey!

I’m a builder, not a baker. We always model our projects in SketchUp, and we always get tons of questions about how to make a cut list from the model. I used the following pipe pieces: floor flange, nipple, 90º elbow, pipe, and cap. Totally fine. If you’d like to build my customized version, I’ve drawn up the plans for you. The paper towel holder is made out of galvanized pipe pieces.

6 months ago When: Saturday, June 20th Don’t ask me how I know. He even put together a super helpful how-to video! So what are y’all doing this weekend?

We all love barbeques, and as the barbeque season is opened, it’s high time that you invited your relatives and friends to enjoy a meal together! We did not have a formal plan or even precise dimensions in mind as we began the project, so as a result we had to make many “adjustments” along the way, including this oversight where we did not account for the hinge movement of the grill, and went we set the grill in place the lid was unable to open fully. You guys. Now we can cut those pieces to the exact length we need. Also, I would totally recommend putting what ever you’re spraying up somewhere, we weren’t thinking and sprayed dirt all up on the bottom of the legs. Using a drill press isn’t necessary, it just made it easier to ensure perfectly perpendicular holes.

We can’t wait to hang out here when the weather cools down a bit and grill. Cost: Free!

Although I used weather-resistant cedar lumber, I wanted to make sure the cart was protected by some kind of finish. Check out the video above and the first part is exactly how we do that! I’m super excited to share my latest project with y’all!

If any other Weber model is built-in we do not know how it might behave, or if it will be safe to use. I don't know exactly why we did it this way, it just felt right and little bit easier to mange this way with not so many pieces. And what perfect timing, right? Do you like DIY projects? Or how are you making sure the wood doesn't get to hot? I plan on investing in a few more soon when my husband is okay with it.

Have a great Father’s Day weekend you guys! If yes then get ready for a wonderful DIY project of grill table makeover.But you have to utilize few hours from busy moments of life. Well, after it was all planed down, I had to put it back together. Build the frames by pre-drilling pilot holes and attaching with 2-1/2″ deck screws. , Your email address will not be published. We will be assembling one side at a time and then attaching them together.

Love the cart. It doesn’t need to be removed, you can slide the paper towel roll right on. I learned a new joinery method: biscuit joinery! on Introduction. Hi friends! To the top, I applied several coats of food-safe butcher block oil. After the angle irons are cleaned and prepped, they’ll need to be painted or sealed to prevent rust and rot from moving in. Butcher block is my new favorite building material. It was an enormous countertop that they used to bake bread on. The grill cart was designed by Ben Uyeda of Homemade Modern, so we’ll be building his version at the workshop.

Next, I used pocket hole joinery to attach the 1×4 boards to the frames so that the screw holes are hidden underneath. I periodically sprayed the drill bit and angle irons with WD-40 as I was drilling to cool off the drill bit. Required fields are marked *. I don’t think it will, but why build when you can overbuild?

Come to one of the DIY Workshops at The Home Depot! Good thing I made all the mistakes so you won’t have to. I’m going to show you how not to make the same mistakes I did.

Tables.

It’ll be awesome. You’ll want to be aware of where the other screws are placed so you don’t have a hardware collision. We just took off a little bit at a time. I dare you to build this grill cart and put your own spin on it! When we were cutting and planing it, the wood smelled like bread. Then I attached the casters to the caster support boards with lag screws. Anyways, don't forget you can use the code “woodbrew15” to get 15% off any Total Boat purchase. Where: The Home Depot Store #881 I chose these fancy casters because they swivel and lock, but mostly because the wheels matched my USC Trojan theme. Wait about 30 minutes for the glue to set a little, then scrape it off with a putty knife.

Check out their website here: http://bit.ly/31nufVU. How are you suspending the kettle to the table? It’s a little tricky to scrape around where the clamps are, but you can always sand off the remnants later. DIY Projects To Help Your Outdoor Cooking, How To Build An Outdoor Kitchen: 4 Tutorials, The Best DIY and How-To Tutorials To Improve Your…, 61 The Coolest DIY Home Improvement Projects of 2017, 63 The Coolest DIY Home Improvement Projects of 2018, DIY Paper Olaf And Elsa From Frozen For Kids, Ocean-Inspired Origami Interactive Paper Crafts, 35 Cool And Easy DIY Busy Boards For Toddlers, 15 Christmas Tree Collars You Need Right Now, 45 Wonderful Paper And Cardboard DIY Christmas Decorations. You are going to flip out when you see how easy it is. I am so excited to meet you guys.

Oh, and pay no attention to the different frame in the back. Birmingham, Alabama

Hi Jenn, We chose to use pocket holes for the way we want to assemble this, so first, we have to drill the holes. It’s for these reasons that if you do choose to build-in other models the warranty on the grill is voided. This table would be extremely heavy if we didn’t and we want to be able to move it around easily if we needed to. In the plans, you’ll first build the frame, then attach the slats, and then attach the boards where the casters will be attached (see figure below). Your butcher blocks turned out AWESOME and you cut those biscuits like a pro. Check out the video above and the first part is exactly how we do that! *This post contains affiliate links. Also, notice I drilled 1-1/2″ pocket holes facing up, into the top frame. As always, first thing to do is cut down our materials.

Now squeeze some glue into the slots as well as along the cut edge and insert the biscuits. I used Rustoleum spray paint to spray the galvanized pipe. So, if you going to buy a Weber grill or already have one – enjoy!

You can also save $20 on SketchUp Pro using our code: "WOODBREWCREW" ! And it’s still this thick even after planing the crap out of it. Jan 30, 2016 - Discover free woodworking plans and projects for weber grill cart diy. Look at this thing. Here are the plans for his grill cart. 3670 Galleria Circle

I had a couple of bar clamps already, but for this project, I bought two of these heavy duty parallel clamps. I wrote it up correctly in the plans, so when all else fails, follow the plan.

If you’d like to build my customized version, I’ve drawn up the plans for you. You’re welcome. To drill holes into steel, I used a drill press fitted with a 3/16″ drill bit. I sprayed on some primer and let it cure. I added a few hooks for grilling utensils, as well as a bottle opener. Hope this helps and saves some steps. But I totally lucked out on this one – I snagged this butcher block from my neighbor’s garage (he gave me permission – relax), who rescued it from a local bakery that was shutting down. Below there are different tutorials: how to build a cool smoker of a Weber grill, how to make a table for your Weber grill, how to make a grill cover for the time when you don’t use it and so on. And thanks SO much for the little shout out and link to my Etsy shop, that was very thoughtful!

We hope you guys enjoyed this project and you can check out all the outdoor furniture series here! If you’re looking for a built-in Weber model, the Summit S-460 and Summit S-660 are the way to go. Boom, boom, boom, three frames done. The casters will be attached to the underside of the bottom frame, so you’ll need to add some support boards to attach the casters to. Love this project? The House of Wood is Jen’s creative outlet for all things DIY and design, a place where she documents her adventures in designing and building furniture and tackling home renovation projects. When drilling close to the edge, you always want to pre-drill your holes to avoid splitting the wood. But wait… there’s more! This left a little bur, or whatever you want to call it, just a little piece down the center, so we brought those back over to the planer to clean it up. A few of my blogging buddies will be hosting all over the country: You don’t want to miss this event – it’ll be exactly one ton of fun. I did a similar towel holder here: https://jenwoodhouse.com/housewarming-gift/ We’d love to meet you. Even though I bought the angle irons new, they had some rust spots and a whole lotta grossness on them. No problem, Brad! But when I built this, I added the caster support boards before the slats, then had one heck of a time getting my drill in there to attach the slats.

*This post is brought to you by The Home Depot. Watching this video was super helpful. that didn’t sound right. Hunker down, kids, it’s gonna be a long one. It says on the label that it “stops rust” so I’m taking their word for it. I built this cart out of metal, cedar, and reclaimed butcher block. Some glue will squeeze out when you insert the biscuits. The gauntlet has been thrown down.

My husband uses this stuff to clean his firearms, so we had some on-hand. These will be your three shelves.

To read my full disclosure policy, click here. I had to cut the butcher block in half to fit it into the planer, remember? Next, we want to go ahead and plane down all of the boards, just to get that round corner gone. We wanted to make the 2x4s and 4x4s a little bit smaller so we could get rid of a little bit of weight. 5 Awesome DIY Projects With Weber Grills.