Whichever country you go, there are always pros and cons so I also encountered many difficulties. ne demek. The most well-known Inle dish would be the Htamin Chin -

The climate of Myanmar is traditionally divided into three seasons: a hot season, from March to April, the rainy season between May and October, and the “cool” season from November to February. As soon as I knew I was assigned to the biggest country on earth, shivers ran down my spine. [9], Lumber removal and unsustainable cultivation practices (slash and burn farming techniques) on the hills surrounding the lake are causing ever-increasing amounts of silt and nutrients to run off into the rivers that feed the lake, especially along its western and northern watershed areas.

This 'floating-market' event tends to emphasize tourist trade much more than the other four. Weather in Myanmar in September. Sea temperature in Myanmar  (Kyaikkami) in January: 26.6°C, 79.9°F It is the second largest lake in Myanmar with an estimated surface area of 44.9 square miles (116 km 2), and one of the highest at an elevation of 2,900 feet (880 m).

Lotus thread is used to weave a special robe for the Buddha. Average temperature in Myanmar in September: 29°C, 84.2°F Sea temperature in Myanmar (Kyaikkami) in September: 27.6°C, 81.7°FAverage rainfall in Myanmar in September: 127mm, 5 in Note: Local Burmese embrace September as the month when the monsoon rains begin to let up with a corresponding fall in humidity and temperature levels. The country is fortunate to have a central “dry zone”, protected by mountains, where the annual average is below 1,000mm (39.4 ins). Being the largest country on earth, Russia has nine time zones. Note: January is peak holiday season in Myanmar mainly because of the favourable weather conditions. [2][3] Additionally, the lake is home to about 45 species of freshwater snails, 30 of them endemic,[2] along with a small endemic freshwater crab, Inlethelphusa acanthica. Museums including the famous Pushkin Museum, the famous Gorky Park, the Kremlin, Lenin’s Tomb, Saint Basil’s Cathedral with its colourful onion-shaped domes on Red Square, stunning architectural interiors of one of the world’s largest rapid transit systems, the Moscow State University, a few which I visited while in Moscow.

All rights reserved. Follow us in flickr. So although as much as I encountered difficulties, I learnt so many new things like their traditions, culture, their way of dealing with foreigners and cuisine.

About 93% (nearly 21 km2) of the recent loss in open water area of the lake, largely along its western side, is thought to be due to this agricultural practice. It is best to bring clothing ideal for trekking and outdoor activity; pack t-shirts and long shorts, at least one change of swimming costume, a light covering like a sarong, as well as long sleeved shirts and hiking trousers. Inle Lake (Burmese: အင်းလေးကန်; MLCTS: ang: le: kan, [ʔɪ́ɰ̃lé kàɰ̃]), a freshwater lake located in the Nyaungshwe Township of Taunggyi District of Shan State, part of Shan Hills in Myanmar (Burma). Summer in Russia was a lovely time as the weather was hot and dry. From my childhood days I have seen many movies where Russia was portrayed as a cold gloomy country with its Communist system and unfriendly people. The incidence of showers increases towards the end of the month, but there are still sunny mornings to be enjoyed and there could be some refreshing cooling breezes. There are a total of 651 sites in 120 countries on this network, but Inle Lake is the first biosphere reserve to be added for Myanmar.[13]. Takashi Ozaki (Japan, 1951-May 14, 2011) and Nyima Gyaltsen (aka "Aung Tse"; Myanmar) made the first ascent in 1996. Transportation on the lake is traditionally by small boats, or by somewhat larger boats fitted with single cylinder inboard diesel engines. There is also a hot spring on its northwestern shore. In the central area the mercury hits the high spots, and the rain stays away. Today this carp is seriously threatened. I have never ever seen so much snow in my life and I had a strange and exciting feeling.

Join Facebook to connect with Snow Myanmar and others you may know.

Whenever I mention this country my friends give me a strange look wondering what kind of a person was I to visit this place. Sea temperature in Myanmar  (Kyaikkami) in September: 27.6°C, 81.7°F If you want to know how to say snow in Myanmar (Burmese), you will find the translation here. Rain is a rarity, with the coastal areas baking in long hours of sunshine, and the hill country to the north experiencing pleasant warm days with chilly nights. Always take a lightweight raincoat and a few extra layers for the cooler months or travel to elevated areas. Many small and large privately-owned hotels and tour operations have arisen during the past few years. We hope this will help you to understand Myanmar (Burmese) better. More important however is the development of floating garden agriculture, largely along the western side of the lake. [15] Sea temperature in Myanmar  (Kyaikkami) in October: 29.1°C, 84.4°F My simple answer was I was a civil servant and wherever I was assigned I had to go as I had no choice. Being summer time the sun rises as early as 4 am in the morning and sets at 11 pm in the evening, so there was a lot of daylight. I also learnt some things which were superstitious to Russians. As I looked out of the window while landing, I could only see white clouds. Learn how and when to remove this template message, "Inle Lake joins UN list of biosphere sites", "Electricity for Businesses Cut Off in Rangoon", "Businesses May Close Because of Power Cuts", "Inle Lake Joins UN List of Biosphere Sites", "Myanmar's Traditional Silversmiths Shine On", "Balloons Over Bagan the Pioneer in Myanmar by Memories Group", Large scale manufacture of Shan tofu at Inle Lake, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Inle_Lake&oldid=983061172, Articles with dead external links from November 2017, Articles with permanently dead external links, Articles using infobox body of water without alt, Articles using infobox body of water without pushpin map alt, Articles using infobox body of water without image bathymetry, Articles containing Burmese-language text, Articles needing additional references from September 2015, All articles needing additional references, Wikipedia articles with WorldCat-VIAF identifiers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, 12 ft (3.7 m) (dry season; +5 ft in monsoon season), This page was last edited on 12 October 2020, at 00:58. Keep the suitcase light, and pack lightweight clothing of material that dries quickly. Aung Shin/The Myanmar Times A trip to the land of snow and ice While serving in the Foreign Service for over two decades, I was lucky enough to travel to countries around the world that included one country which most of us might not have even thought about or if so was unable to visit due to various reasons. One of the tourist attractions in the village on the lake itself is the traditional silversmithing, which has fed into the local tourist economy. I always thought that Russia was cold and damp the whole year round but was totally different at this time of the year. Although it was my first time experiencing a very cold winter I was able to make it. These gardens rise and fall with changes in the water level, and so are resistant to flooding.

A local market serves most common shopping needs and is held daily but the location of the event rotates through five different sites around the lake area, thus each of them hosting an itinerant market every fifth day.

Aung Shin/The Myanmar Times. Traveling gives you new eyes to see the world and truly expands your knowledge base. Women row in the customary style, using the oar with their hands, sitting cross legged at the stern.

The culture in Russia is totally different from Asia so I had to take some time to adapt myself with this culture. The beaches bask in temperatures up to the, Average temperature in Myanmar in March: 28°C, 82.4°F, Note: Temperatures and humidity levels begin to creep up, especially on the coast, during the weeks of March in Myanmar, but the country is still a blessed haven for sun-lovers with a negligible amount of rain in the offing. Inle Lake with its leg-rowing Intha people is a major tourist destination in Burma. Finally my family and I arrived in Moscow on a December afternoon and to be precise December 8, 2001. Rice cultivation and consumption is also significant facet of the local diet and agricultural tradition. Note: Rain, rain, rain is the climate picture for Myanmar during August, but the upside is that most of the deluge falls during the afternoons and evenings, and as the month of August goes on, so the amount of rain decreases. It is the second largest lake in Myanmar with an estimated surface area of 44.9 square miles (116 km2), and one of the highest at an elevation of 2,900 feet (880 m). The water hyacinth, a plant not native to the lake, also poses a major problem. [2][8] A popular local dish is htamin gyin - 'fermented' rice kneaded with fish and/or potato - served with hnapyan gyaw (literally twice fried - Shan tofu). So I would like to say is that traveling gives one of the greatest joys. I could not believe it. This unique style evolved out of necessity as the lake is covered by reeds and floating plants, making it difficult to see above them while sitting. However as I did not have the means to be plucky and fussy, I headed to the land of snow and ice with serious doubts. Handmade goods for local use and trading are another source of commerce. So my first impression to go to this country was, to tell the truth, I was nervous. Witnessing another culture, exploring and going on adventures in new lands are one of the best ways to experience life. View the profiles of people named Snow Myanmar. Moscow had so many places to see. On a smaller scale, public awareness education and small-scale control have also been successful. Our flight from Paris arrived Moscow at 3 pm in the afternoon. A number of festivals occur from August to October on Inle Lake and in the surrounding areas. Carry basic medical supplies and a water bottle with enough fresh water for the day; binoculars are useful for jungle treks.

© Copyright 2020 The Myanmar Times. Then in October the weather changes and starts to get cold. Some studies of the lake's surface water quality indicates that the water is not safe for consumption. Sanitation in the villages around the lake is an ongoing concern for public health authorities, due to untreated sewage (with 72% of households using open pits, not latrines) and waste water flowing into the lake. The watershed area for the lake lies to a large extent to the north and west of the lake. When it comes to temperature, the average on the coast is 32°C (89.6°F), exacerbated by high humidity, but it is generally cooler in the northern mountains, and the interior around areas like Inle Lake and Bagan. Coronavirus (COVID-19) and travel: The situation around the world is changing dramatically. [5] The route to basecamp is long (four weeks) and arduous through dense rain forest with many unbridged stream crossings. Almost all the houses in the village on the lake itself sit on stilts and are made of woven bamboo. Various governments have changed their travel warnings to restrict travel during this time. During winter there are winter festivals across Russia such as ice skating, ice sculptor shows, and as snow becomes so plentiful in Moscow during winter, snowmen are made out of snow and there are also competitions across the city.