Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik Vacuum Cleaner, Best Hangers: It's always a good idea to have extra seating for friends, or a cozy place to curl up and read. This set of hanging shelves can handle 40 pounds of clothing, so you can stack heavier items (like winter sweaters) with ease. Felt Like Sharing Gray Felt Letter Board, Best Closet Organizer: This lightweight vacuum can be used on both carpet and hard floors. Need one more reason to buy? Even better, if you’re not 100 percent thrilled with this item, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.

In college you need sleep, so ensure you get some by buying these curtains!

I've used these ever since I was a little girl, and in college it's been no exception.

You could splurge on a cloud-soft duvet cover and ultra-cooling sheets, and we wouldn't blame you — after all, when you're in college, you need a good night's sleep where you can get it. Available in four different colors. This 3.2 cubic foot mini refrigerator by Igloo is small enough for a dorm room but large enough to share with a roommate. It's important to have a fan or some sort of device that circulates the air in your dorm because dorm rooms can get SO STUFFY! These hangers combine a non-slip velvet surface with notched shoulders to stop clothing from sagging or falling. Not only are outlets few and far between in dorm rooms,  but 9 times out of 10 they're placed in the worst possible places. Our editors independently research, test, and recommend the best products; you can learn more about our Command strips are easy to use and won't damage the walls after you remove them.

It’s available in eight eye-popping colors: Purple, lime, orange, stainless steel, red, blue, white and black. RCA IGLOO Mini Refrigerator, The 12 Best Gifts for College Girls in 2020, Last-Minute College Necessities for In-Person and Virtual Learning, What to Know When Moving Into a College Dorm Room, The 25 Must-Have School Supplies We're Ordering Straight From Amazon, Twin vs Twin XL Mattress Comparison Guide. Let me tell you, I used this dorm essential every single day in college. With the IRIS system, you can choose three, four, five, six, seven, or ten drawers. Stock up, and you'll be ready for school. So, slippers make you more productive.

You won't have to worry about forgetting shampoo all the way back in your room. That's why Downy made the wrinkle release spray.) And they're not super expensive. There's going to be a time when you're going to need to drown out loud music, roommates talking, or some other distracting noise and hit the books. When it's easier to get out of bed you will be more productive.

Bed Bath & Beyond's plethora of college essentials and dorm décor is a foolproof way to guarantee you have everything you'll need for a successful school year!

Storage space is probably the trickiest problem to solve in a small dorm room, so it's good to stock up on some versatile bins and see if you can find somewhere to stash them out of sight. Shop These Alternatives Instead. Xtreme Comforts Pillows for Sleeping, Best Towels: So whatever you do, bring some cubbies to your dorm. The classic Adidas shower sandals are also available in men's sizes and in a range of colors.

Slide the ID into one of these adhesive card holders, which uses 3M technology to stick to the back of the phone. It’s available in five different colors: black, blue, pink, green and orange and features nine separate compartments for keeping your products and gear organized. It can heat the water for ramen or oatmeal or even tea. Behind its chic exterior, you’ll find a built-in can dispenser, sliding tempered glass shelves and a small freezer. Trust me. Pottery Barn Shine-On Task Lamp, Best Pillow: And pro tip: get one with a freezer at the top. You can add more details to your digital calendar, but there's something nice about having a hard copy of your schedule that you can just flip through. Amend that: You're always going to need coffee. I stored makeup, snacks, school supplies, even shoes in them! 2. They also keep your dorm room cooler in the warmer weather because they completely block sunlight.

Because you're probably not going to have air-conditioning in your dorm room. Such wonders that I'm making them a dorm essential, and I highly urge you to do the same!

But what items on the college packing list are really necessary, and what can you live without? This mesh caddy is big enough to take everything you need to and from the shower, and it can also be folded down flat when it's empty to save space. This way, you can buy a ton of them and procrastinate on doing laundry.

Click Here to Buy From Bath and Body Works. Command hooks stick to many different surfaces, hold strong, and don't damage walls when you take them down at the end of the year. This item was such a dorm essential my freshman year that I truly do not know what I would have done without it! But when it comes to saving space, it’s a practical purchase you’ll never regret. It might be a long walk from your dorm room to the shower, and you don't want to be fumbling around with a towel the whole time.

You can use it in the upright position like a canister vacuum or detach the hand vac for use in hard to reach places (in between couch cushions or shelves). Of course, they’re machine washable and dryable. Shower Shoes.

My freshman year,  I just got some canvas bins like these ones from Amazon and they worked wonders.

This reading pillow is covered in soft velour and filled with memory foam to ensure a comfortable position no matter what you're doing. StorageWorks 6-Shelf Hanging Closet Shelves, Hanging Closet Organizer, Best Wall Art: One thing I hated about the dorms was their rule that I couldn't have candles. You've come to the right place. Clothing There’s only so much room in a dorm closet, so pack just enough clothing to make it from … It includes a flat sheet, fitted sheet, comforter, pillowcase, and sham. Making Your Not So Perfect Life Look Perfect. Or dropping everything on the way to and from the shower. Another great feature? After living in the dorms for two years and talking to other college students, we've rounded up the 27 dorm essentials you actually need. ZOBER Underbed Storage Bag Organizer, Best Headphones: Power strips allow you to plug in everything you need.

The two USB ports, which are compatible with both Android and Windows phones banish the need for proprietary chargers.

RELATED: The 12 Best Bathrobes for Women, According to Clothing Experts. This is a dorm essential because it make your bed super soft and also creates a barrier between you and the mattress that plenty of people have slept on before you. Commercial CHEF Countertop Microwave Oven, Best Mini Fridge: So a major dorm essential is a power strip because it gives you like 7 outlets for the price of one. Find a nice soft bathrobe to wear for those trips down the hall.

a lot more things that need to be plugged in than 4 outlets will allow. They're light, portable, keep clutter tucked away, and you can fit them somewhere in your dorm room — even if it's under your bed. They don't skimp on absorbency or durability since they're a blend of heavyweight, Egyptian cotton. Ok, command hooks saved my life freshman year in the dorms, so I HAD to include them in this dorm essentials list! It has six, one-touch cooking options including settings for pizza and popcorn that take the guesswork out of heating some of your favorites foods. Watch TV, read, or do homework in bed without straining your back. Not sure if it’s working? review process here. They're sturdy, inexpensive, AND when you take them down it doesn't chip the paint SO you won't be left with annoying damages fines! Blackout curtains keep your dorm room dark for the days you want to sleep in or just think it's too sunny out for your mood. A laundry basket is a mandatory item for your dorm room, like if you could only bring 10 items to your dorm room, a laundry basket needs to be one of them. Keep your life straight for the next year and a half with a planner that'll let you see all your upcoming appointments at a glance. I did, until I desperately needed a band aid and had to spend 20 minutes banging on neighbors doors trying to find one. It's like having a personal assistant honestly because it can perform so many great functions that help your daily life run smoothly! Depending on your school, you might need to bring a wastebasket with you. This post is all about dorm desk organization ideas and products. RELATED: Dorm Room Ideas That'll Make a Small Space Feel Like Home, Laundry is the easiest thing to keep tidy in a dorm room, since you just have to stuff it all in a hamper. Turn a standard electrical outlet in your dorm room into a charging station with this handy surge protector. Basically, having a first aid kit makes you the Derek Shepherd of your dorm.

RELATED: The Best Washable Rugs for Every Room in Your House. One thing I did have to have for my desk was organizers. Going along with the dorm essentials for the shower idea, another item you will most … This dorm essential is for all my girls with longer hair.

This is a problem because we have iPads, iPhones, Watches, TVs . We also love that this letter board comes in a ready-to-display oak frame with a sawtooth hanger on the back. AmazonBasics 5-Piece Light-Weight Microfiber, Best Vacuum: It's also a a timeless and stylish accessory for a desk or study space. 15 Nail Designs to Get in the School Spirit. It made my dorm experience luxurious, so I highly suggest you buying it. It's a solid investment and dorm essential one needs in their life.

Best Bed Topper: Dreamfoam Bedding 2" Gel Swirl Memory Foam Topper. I bought like 4 10ft usb cords for my dorm and they worked wonders. I can't believe the amount of money I waisted! Make using your computer while sitting without a desk more comfortable with this handy lap desk. It installs quickly into a vertical grounded AC outlet. Very Good. Each DIY kit comes with everything need to get started including 40 mini clothespins and hanging hardware. I didn't just hate it because I'm a candle fanatic, I hated it because a lot of times the dorms didn't smell great. Then a friend recommended Wallflowers from Bath and Body Works to me. True story, but not my proudest moment. Dreamfoam Bedding 2" Gel Swirl Memory Foam Topper, DreamFoam 2-Inch Gel Swirl Memory Foam Topper Review, Best Bedding: (Ahem, iron and ironing board. Luckily, this two-inch thick topper will make your bed extra cushy. "The gel-infused memory foam will cradle your body with cooling comfort. Cowin E7 Active Noise Cancelling Headphones, Best Letter Board: So keep a supply of Clorox wipes in the dorm, you won't regret it!

There is also a speed defrost, and 10 different power levels that offer more cooking flexibility—just set the timer and heat. These super-affordable towels received strong scores from the GHI for absorbency, drying speed, softness, and fabric strength. My friends in the dorm across from me? You can just hop out of bed and grab it from your dorm room! This is definitely not what people think would be on a dorm essentials list. And while you can't do anything about the quality of the food in the cafeteria or the late-night habits of your randomly assigned roommate, you can make sure that you utilize every square inch of your dorm room to the best of your ability. You're going to need some coffee. 90% of dorms have community bathrooms. RELATED: Marie Kondo's Favorite Storage Boxes Are Sold Out. It's a time saver and hassle free way to naturally dry your hair in college! Stock up on some greeting cards and postcards to send to friends at other schools, and make checking those little P.O.