So glad you enjoyed it Morgan!

Use 2 teaspoons of loose Earl Grey with 1 tea sachet or 1 tea bag. I keep a bottle of it handy in my pantry. As someone who works at starbucks, I can tell you that you’re making this just right! Add the milk to the mug and stir in the vanilla syrup.

Just made this and it was delicious! And let me tell you, it’s so simple to do! Is it bad that I’m ready for Fall? When kids are in bed! I had too much water while I steeped the tea. For full ingredients and instructions, scroll down to see the recipe. Did you make this recipe? I also whisked my milk which was great. I am a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program, which provides a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com. Recipe includes how to make velvety, cafe-quality milk froth at home using a, To froth milk like a pro at home, another option is to use an. A London Fog drink is an Earl Grey tea latte. So so glad you enjoyed it! There’s really no need to add any other sweetener since the syrup is already sweet.

Hi Amanda, so happy you made it and liked it! When the tea is finished steeping, promptly remove the tea bags and pour in the steamed milk. I’ve only used the battery powered milk frothers & skim milk seems to froth the best with them. Hey Kim – Sure thing, you can use whatever type of sweetener you’d like here. Awesome! Added a couple of ice cubes and I had my midday fix right at home. Once all the milk is poured in, scoop the remaining foam onto the top. Harney (Amazing flavored teas!) I had to dump it out and add more frothy milk. That’s the best time to enjoy a nice latte!

I haven’t been able to make them foaming and I wonder if I’m just doing something wrong. Love your site! There are four parts to a London Fog drink: Earl Grey tea, milk, vanilla extract, and sugar. God. Being a diabetic for five years I am not sure if I can use the vanilla syrup in your recipe when I make it at home soon.can I use the stevia vanilla liquid or the powder in your tea recipe? Rate and review it down below! My best friend and I were playing school and we each made a cup of tea to be like our teacher. What makes my London Fog so great is the perfect froth I create using a French press. Scoop any remaining foam on top. I normally order a London Fog at any coffee shop I go to so it’s nice to be able to make it at home. I added 1 tbsp of vanilla extract which enhances the drink further. Quick question: at first in the step-by-step it says 1 tablespoon for every 2 cups of water, but then the recipe calls for 1 tablespoon for 1 1/4 cups of water… confused as to how much it is! I have a k- cup machine at home that my family and I use on a daily basis,can I use the hot water to heat up the milk and steep the earl Greg tea bag in it when I make it into a latte? Please contact me here for media enquiries. Not to mention, a snap to clean up. You can see that I used two tea bags, however, you can also steep loose tea in a glass teapot like mine; I love it! Ashley, this latte was perfect!! Make London Fog at home with this simple and tasty recipe. , So glad you enjoyed it Michelle! I guess, loosely speaking, its three ingredients (black tea, milk and sweetener) are similar anyway. Step 1: Steep the earl grey tea. Get my secrets for making easy dairy free dishes you'll actually WANT to eat. Perhaps it’s even the first place you heard of this delectable tea concoction. This means you should use 2 tea bags or 2 teaspoons of loose leaf earl grey per cup of boiling water. Though the french press method didn’t work well for me so I used a milk frother. There’s just something special that happens when the citrusy bergamot and hints of lavender in the earl grey come together with creamy milk and a touch of sweet vanilla throughout. , This is lovely try adding a little bit of evaporate milk to the recipe its even more yummy, think I need to leave my earl grey teabag in the cup as I like it stronger, but I did use decaf so perhaps that is why. Material (articles and images) may not be duplicated or republished without permission. I absolutely loved the recipe. First of all, let’s talk about the ratio of tea to milk.

Thanks Amie! I’m so happy to hear this! I’ve never had one of these; my local Starbucks has definitely done them, but I love a sweet latté and I love Earl Grey. It’s said we taste with our eyes first, so serving up your earl grey tea latte in a glass cup is the perfect way to enjoy your tea latte. Just so you know, I worked at Starbucks and Teavana for a long time and there’s zero lavender in the Teavana Earl Grey. Yes, since there’s caffeine in Earl Grey. All in all, very relaxing. Have you ever tried frothing almond or coconut milk? Froth the milk until it doubles in size and has a nice silky layer of microfoam (tiny bubbles) on top. You can also steam/froth the milk with an electric aerator like the Nespresso Aerocinno. Hi Isaac, I didn’t think the Starbucks had lavender in their London Fog but according to their site, lavender flowers are listed as an ingredient as a part of the tea infusion that also includes black tea, water, and bergamot essence. It was like heaven in a teacup. **If you do not have vanilla syrup, you can substitute a teaspoon or so of regular granulated sugar and a splash of vanilla extract. In general terms, a tea latte is usually equal portions of tea and milk. For Earl Grey Tea Latte Recipe all you need is 1 earl grey tea bag, ¾ Cup boiling water, ¾ Cup milk, 1 tbsp vanilla syrup, 1 tsp cinnamon and 10 minutes to make it happen. I’ve had a number of earl grey tea lattes from Starbucks, but it is really nice to be able to make these at home.

Like I said earlier, you can get a London Fog at Starbucks. The Starbucks London Fog is just Earl Grey Tea, hot water, steamed milk and vanilla syrup.

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know . I like your cinnamon addition, that’s the one thing that starbucks is missing and probably hasn’t thought of. Many London Fog aficionados insist upon equal proportions. Hey Carrie! The nutrition information is an estimate calculated using an online nutrition calculator. Warm and cozy, this easy earl grey tea latte is the perfect relaxing drink! On the other hand, if you order a Starbucks London Fog, you’ll get half earl grey tea, half milk AND 3-5 pumps of sweet vanilla syrup. Thanks for taking the time to let me know . I’ll have to try it with peppermint tea – sounds great! I am lactose intolerant so I use almond milk,cashew milk,coconut milk and natrel milk.can I use these milk products in your recipe? , Home on summer vacation and its too hot to go outside to Starbucks!

And thank you so much – she’s a spoiled little thing! Want to save this London Fog drink recipe for later? Be careful, however, not to over-steep this black tea blend. So glad you enjoyed Thanks for letting me know Kim! Earl Grey, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and dried lavender buds. 1 earl grey tea … I became addicted to this stuff over the holidays. Let the tea steep for 3-5 minutes so all the flavor is extracted. How to Make a London Fog Tea Latte (Earl Grey Tea Latte), A Barista’s Guide to Starbucks Tea Latte Menu, Starbucks Chai Eggnog Latte Copycat Recipe, How to Make Starbucks Peppermint Hot Chocolate, Quick & Easy Starbucks Peppermint Syrup Recipe. So the next time you need to unwind after a long day, spend about 5 minutes making one of these – it will make your night that much better.

So I stumbled onto this, and made it on a whim, so good, I’m so excited I get one of these almost everyday, now I’m wondering what else I can do. This tea was perfect with my breakfast on a crisp fall morning! This is really delicious! !☕ I remember when I was growing up, my dad had a cup of hot Lipton tea almost every night before bed. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice. So, if you order a Starbucks earl grey tea latte the drink is half tea and half milk.

I actually don’t have a k-cup maker so I’m not totally sure – I typically use either the stovetop or the microwave. – joody, Your email address will not be published. Oh I’m so happy to hear this Alice! Somewhere along the way, I joined in on this routine. The London Fog tea latte is said to have originated in the Pacific Northwest in Vancouver. It was DELICIOUS! Will definitely be a regular. So save yourself some money and make this coffee shop beverage at home instead. Meanwhile, put 2 tea bags in a 16 ounce mug. The goal is to achieve silky microfoam. So glad you enjoyed it! Earl Grey Tea Latte. Loose leaf earl grey tea – my favorite brand in the world comes from Bar Harbor Tea Company, they are a small company based in Maine with the most delicious teas. Use filtered water for a better tasting tea. I literally remember my first cup of tea ever. Just tried this and it’s great! I'm a certified Tea Sommelier and a self-proclaimed iced tea master. If you don’t have or love lavender, feel free to make it without. Earl grey tea, vanilla syrup and milk come together to make a delicious London Fog tea latte, a Starbucks favorite. Warm and cozy, this easy earl grey tea latte is the perfect relaxing drink!

I also used peppermint tea, and frothed the milk a bit. It’s a relatively new recipe as far as tea goes, but as is the case with many hot drinks, its popularity grew when it made its way to the Starbucks menu.

It took some fiddling to get these just the way I like them, but I’m finally completely happy with the result. *HOWEVER, yours was the best. It reminds me of a lava lamp. A Starbuck hot London Fog latte is made with Teavana Earl Grey tea, 2% milk and vanilla syrup. To make homemade vanilla syrup simply combine sugar, water and vanilla extract in a saucepan over medium heat. But I’ll think about it for future recipes! {If desired, you can whisk the steamed milk until very frothy before pouring it into the mug (or use a milk frother). Let steep for about 2 to 3 minutes. Meanwhile, steam the milk and vanilla syrup on the stovetop, microwave or with an electric milk frother. I did make this. It’s still delicious! Pour 1 cup of boiling water over tea bags. I actually couldn’t taste the vanilla, which when I remember getting them from Bigbby’s (local Michigan coffee shop), I never tasted it.I put a little too much cinnamon (came out fast) so the first few sips were fun. Love this! I realise you posted this a fair while ago but I just came across it recently whilst searching for other Earl Grey related recipes.

earl grey latte, london fog latte, tea latte. I never thought to add cinnamon sounds good! I use a smaller French press when froth milk for one cup. It was a bit tricky with less milk but did the job well enough. used vanilla flavour – your natural vanilla makes your recipe the winner. That way I can stay in my pajamas, cuddle up with a blanket, and just enjoy. Little did I know then, but my first hot tea somewhat resembled a London Fog Latte, also known as an Earl Grey Tea Latte. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I suggest setting a timer to avoid making this mistake. I would appreciate it so much if you would give us the tea measurement in grams, instead of a TBL. If you love Earl Grey, check out my Earl Grey Hot Chocolate, Iced Earl Grey Tea Latte, Earl Grey Chocolate Spread, and Earl Grey Salted Caramel recipes. Skim milk doesn’t froth that great either. October 16, 2015 By Lisa Sharp 4 Comments. Thank you for the recipe! I was only making one (for myself) and used the French press method to froth the milk. Earl Grey Tea Latte Ingredients.

Store remaining syrup in the refrigerator. So I decided to whip up this lovely recipe; only to find out that I was out of Earl Grey Tea. Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a847fdc48ab4a454a9e3265263044152" );document.getElementById("e124de64fc").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); This post contains affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Steam and aerate (froth) the milk.   Hi,I just found your earl grey tea latte recipe and I just copied down your recipe that I am going to make as soon as I go buy a box of decaffeinated earl Greg tea bags.