I can’t comment on racism, though and I’m not sure one suburb is better than the other in that regard. It is a bit grim socially, I thought. Can anyone suggest please is it family friendly suburb? Impressively enough people can afford a 900K home and still drive around in modest cars…etc. Hi Andy Bit confused on your question. Hi, we are moving to Melbourne at the end of the year and are looking for good public secondary schools. Shilpa’s original comment is right down at the very bottom, he added it underneath a comment made by Nick in 2012. As part of a project we have been asked why the outer suburbs of Melbourne are a popular place to live. I also prefer inner city suburbs to outer suburbia, so I was thinking of renting in suburbs like Kew, Clifton Hill and Hawthorn. It isn’t an affluent suburb but its not too bad. Taylor Hills, Caroline Springs, Burnside are building some new sites with great homes.

A lot has changed over the years, the skill of driving though – that one is hard to master in any generation. This is a list of Municipalities and their suburbs and townships in the greater metropolitan area of Melbourne, in the State of Victoria. Schools are good an extremely diverse.

Ringwood and Box Hill have more options (Box Hill has a lot of Asian restaurants). I’m really struggling to find out why this is and would love some help.

), then go to the Eastern suburbs. Do you know what Blackburn High is like? Could someone please advise me which suburb/s I should consider to live? Now the houses are largely demolished and replaced with hundreds of flats. Still enjoy teaching people how to drive of course! But was just wondering if there is someone who could give me exact prices.

The term "inner suburbs" refers to the older, denser, urban areas closer to the original colonial centre of the cities and "outer suburbs" refers to the urban areas more remote from the centre of the metropolitan area.

His company is based out in Bayswater.

It really depends on your lifestyle. Hi, Do the prices around clayton are such high ? I am mother of 2 … looking for nice quiet suburb having good school and better transport facilities. Hi there I live in the uk and my husband has been offered a job in Melbourne and the eastern suburbs have been recommended to us to maybe rent a house. Hi there, So I moved out. Ashwood is not one street away from Glen Iris. It included the eastern Melbourne suburbs of Kew, Camberwell, Balwyn, Hartwell, Caulfield East and Malvern East.[1]. I don’t live there any more though but my mother still does. Could someone please help and let me know where the most affordable place in the eastern subrbs to live? We do not have a car driving option do we will depend on public transport and school buses. Districts

It included the eastern Melbourne suburbs of Kew, Camberwell, Balwyn, Hartwell, Caulfield East and Malvern East. There is a lot of good asian restraunts here. Ashwood, which is due east and 1 street away from Glen Iris is now what, South Melbourne?

These are the suburbs of South Eastern Suburbs Melbourne: Bayside. Of course if the public transport is good he would prefer that to driving but I’m not banking on that. Possums and Opossums: Australia and America. I pointed something out and he was ‘bowled over’ that in fact these places and Sorrento are now defined as Melbourne Metropolitan areas….I guess as the land and city has evolved, things get bigger without many noticing. The upside is the proximity to Yarra Ranges. Hawthorn is a much nicer area to live but it is a lot more expensive than Bayswater (to buy or rent). It might be that people go to a school BECAUSE IT IS GOOD and, by not contributing, destroy the very thing that they went for in the first place. They don’t seem to have a zone like other public schools, which makes me wonder if it’s a good school? Another thing is to get used that even though you’d have to pay 600-700K, most of your neighborhood would be blue color, unlike in the US. Lists of suburbs of Australian cities and metropolitan areas, Inner City municipalities and their suburbs (followed by their 4-digit postcodes), Northern municipalities and their suburbs, Southeastern municipalities and their suburbs, Department of Environment Land Water and Planning, List of localities in Victoria (Australia), Secret suburbs are popping up all over the place, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_Melbourne_suburbs&oldid=984619813, Short description is different from Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Fishermans Bend (formerly Fishermen's Bend), Regent (Shared with Reservoir) (the name of the, Solway (in the south with a Post Office open 1954 to 1978), This page was last edited on 21 October 2020, at 03:39.

Some suburbs share the same postcode. Blackburn is a hole. If you like that, then you’d be fine.

View our listings & use our detailed filters to find your perfect home. I am definitely NOT a city person. Quality of life will be good in point cook. Thanks for visiting and I do hope you come back regularly. Inner City municipalities and their suburbs (followed by their 4-digit postcodes)

I moved from inner eastern to mornington peninsula because that’s where I could afford. What It’s Really Like to Be Bitten by a Redback Spider, Australia’s Best Beers and Lagers by BobinOz.

But we have decided to move to leafy and quiet suburbs for bigger house and good schools such as McKinnon, Ormond, Benteigh and Surrey Hill. Sometimes the term "middle ring suburb" is used to refer to areas that were urbanised early in a city's expansion after the inner suburbs had become established. I’ve been in the area for quite some time with my driving school. Yes, I’m sure okay with it, I think it’s great that you are helping people out here. There is a tool on there, explained with a video, to help you check out schools in Australia.

Eastern suburbs The Eastern suburbs of Melbourne include Boroondara, Box Hill and Glen Waverley, Manningham and Nillumbik, Ringwood and surrounds.

Can I ask why you chose Melbourne if you like rural areas and the beach?

If you do not mind a large mortgage payment or have lots of dough (and I mean lots of it! Well, I wouldn’t have a clue, I live in Brisbane. Do you live in this area? All Explained. Like so many places our area is being completely redeveloped.

Hi, We live in inner suburb of Melb and love it. Could anybody suggest family friendly, safe and areas with good primary schools. Parks and gardens. You are looking to reside in western suburbs or eastern ? But here you can stay in north east – eltham, montmorency are awesome for family. I live in the Eastern suburb of Vermont, and I can say that I have a rural feel, but I’m about 20 minutes from a beach, or the city. This is a long way from Lilydale by any stretch, other than imagination. The district was created after the Electoral district of Boroondara, which included some of the same area, was abolished in 1889. Ashburton, Balwyn, Balwyn North, Bellevue, Camberwell, Canterbury, Deepdene, Greythorn, Glen Iris, Glenferrie, Hawthorn, Kew, Surrey Hills, Bayswater, Boronia, Ferntree Gully, Knoxfield, Lysterfield, Rowville, Bulleen, Doncaster, Donvale, Park Orchards, Templestowe, Bayswater North, Croydon, Heathmont, Kilsyth South, Ringwood, Warranwood, Blackburn, Bellbird, Blackburn, Box Hill, Burwood, Bennettswood, Forest Hill, Heatherdale, Houston, Kerrimuir, Laburnum, Mitcham, Mont Albert, Nunawading, Surrey Hills, Tally Ho, Vermont, Wattle Park, Badger Creek, Belgrave, Chirnside Park, Chum Creek, Coldstream, Dixons Creek, Don Valley, Ferntree Gully Upper, Ferny Creek, Gruyere, Healesville, Hoddles Creek, Kallista, Kalorama, Kilsyth, Launching Place, Lilydale, Macclesfield, Menzies Creek, Millgrove, Monbulk, Montrose, Mooroolbark, Mount Dandenong, Mount Evelyn, Narre Warren East, Olinda, Sassafras, Selby, Seville, Sherbrooke, Silvan, Tecoma, The Patch, Tremont, Upwey, Wandin, Warburton, Woori Yallock, Yarra Glen, Yarra Junction, Yellingbo, Yering.

Thanks Louise x. I will leave that to my Melbourne readers Louise, I’ve only been there a few times so really don’t know it well enough. A long way out. Me & my partner are looking to move to Australia next September and have our sights set on Melbourne.