These are some of the most popular 'mezedes' of Greece.

If you're brave, add 2 tablespoons of brandy and flambé it just before serving. Scoop it up while still warm with pita chips, crusty bread, or vegetables.

If you don’t receive it, please check your spam folder. Discover all the secrets behind the perfect Greek meatballs! A delightful recipe for pickled feta cheese. – hlthygrl, "The recipe worked great. This is a great spread to serve with crusty breads, toasted pita, or raw vegetables.

This is a nice traditional Greek garlic spread. Makes a great hostess gift.

This classic Greek dish of layered thinly sliced potato, aubergine and lamb is topped with a creamy béchamel sauce. Bull's horn peppers (long, light green, and mild) are stuffed with a mixture of feta cheese and finely chopped hot peppers, then roasted or grilled.

Find out how to make this delicious dish to perfection here…, A traditional veggie dish from the island of Crete, perfect for a light dinner! Keftedakia (meatballs) are present in most Greek family gatherings or dinner parties.

For this article, we chose some of our favorite fall/winter appetizers, and created a top 5 list.

The best part of the entire healthy Greek appetizer platter is that it’s easy to customize and super easy to make ahead. Add more of the reserved bean liquid for a smoother dip. Greek Appetizer Recipes Browse through recipes for Greek appetizers and mezethes, including grape leaves, olive tapenades, savory phyllo pastries and more. Almost too quick and easy to be called a "recipe," dakos, often called Greek bruschetta, is a signature dish on the Greek island of Crete and is a favorite served with drinks, from beer to raki to wine. – James. They can be hot or cold and are intended to whet the appetite for the meal to come.

Find out how to make this fried feta and courgette delight the authentic Cretan way. © 2011-2020 OliveTomato All Rights Reserved, 1. That is until one day I just decided to get over my fears and give it a try! It is a delicious dish that I'd only tried in restaurants but when I tried to make it at home I found out I made it as good and delicious. It goes well with fish as a sidedish or with pita bread as snack. It goes great with some toasted pita bread.

Sure to be a hit with your company. From tzatziki and spinach pie to regional recipes like Talatouri, this category got you covered to pick the perfect appetizers for you!

This is a quick-and-easy spicy stuffed peppers with feta cheese recipe to make and a delicious appetizer or meze for holiday entertaining.