Notes: Changing a sentence into a negative one is as easy as adding the word “not.”. Notes: You describe someone in the past tense almost the same exact way as in the present—just change the “is” to “was.” Using this structure suggests that either the description is no longer accurate, or that the description is for a specific moment. Once again, nouns that are not names of people or places get “the” added before them. / [Noun] will [verb]. Best of all, you can take this immersive English practice anywhere with the FluentU iOS or Android apps. In other words, you can tap on any word to see an image, definition and useful examples. You’ll hear how native speakers build sentences naturally. advice meaning: 1. an opinion that someone offers you about what you should do or how you should act in a…. You’d better wake up early. Learning English becomes fun and easy when you learn with movie trailers, music videos, news and inspiring talks. It might take a while for you to realize it, but at some point you will. If everything in your life is planned out, then it's boring. This is because the topic of motorbikes is fairly understandable to ‘normal’ people. It's the spontaneous adventures that bring extreme moments of joy. You want your writing to flow and for each point to be logically connected to the next. And for years, then, they look back in regret, almost basking in the statement, "I wish I could have...". Why don't you join an English club? Happiness is not out there somewhere, waiting for you.

Form: Who is [verb -ing]? And even increase the complexity of the sentence structure: “I like Turkish Van cats because, unlike many other cats, they love to swim!”. 2. How to use advice in a sentence. Tired of all the reading? Sentences are made up of words.

Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates. This means you need to omit digressions (shifts in focus) from your writing so each point is strong and stays on topic. We as humans like to believe "happiness" is the destination wherein there is no more challenge. Learn more. / [Noun] [verb -ed]. This means that even advanced learners can benefit from knowing the basic parts of a sentence. Required fields are marked *, I help ambitious, busy students achieve higher university grades with less stress. FluentU is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. That means you get to absorb English sentence structure without worrying that you’re missing something. can take anywhere. In fact, it is quite the opposite. We discover ourselves by being challenged. Every word in your essay should be there for a reason: either to directly gain you marks or to provide additional information that supports your ideas. Form: [Noun] [feeling verb -s] [noun]. I expect the advice. Using the “verb -ed” form describes something that has finished happening. The wonderful thing about English (and languages in general) is that once you know the basics, learning gets a lot easier!