As v14 relates regarding, God simply spoke it into existence. They had been enslaved in Egypt for about 400 years. . How vain would be the eternal counsels, if power did not step in to execute them.

His miracles are evidenced in changed lives. If we want to create a work of work, we need to start with paint and a canvas.

I can do this on my own.” By depending on Him in prayer, we are acknowledging our weakness and our need for Him. We saw from Elohim that God can speak nature into existence.

But Noah exercised faith… He spent approximately the next hundred years constructing the ark so that mankind as well as the animals would survive.

For instance, in one conversation with the disciples, Jesus refers to the “impossibility” of salvation for the rich.

In fact, you and I can do some things God cannot do. I hope I can just safely slip away from here and hideout where I won’t be found. Patriarchs taught their children they survived because El Shaddai would make them fruitful. CCPA - Do Not Sell My Personal Information. . He couldn’t go down to the nearest department store and purchase the latest “do-it-yourself” galaxy kit.

That’s why he went along with Sarai and Hagar. In many ways, they were firsthand witnesses of God’s mighty hand working on their behalf. Been looking at Genesis the first time a different name of God appears. An entire generation of Israelites (except Joshua and Caleb) died in the wilderness for their unbelief in spite of the fact that they all witnessed God’s many miracles in Egypt and in the desert!
Stand by and see the salvation of the LORD which He will accomplish for you today; for the Egyptians whom you have seen today, you will never see them again forever. God’s conversation with Abe just 1 year before he becomes a daddy:1-8. Why? His name is a call to Faithfulness. LXX                                    - “sufficient”      God is All-Sufficient. Some people, today, long to see God use His infinite power in similar physically spectacular ways that He did in Moses’ day and in Jesus’ day. When Jesus observed the lack of faith of those in His hometown, Scripture records. NOTE:             Answering the call from El Shaddai, sometimes means submitting to chastening. 16 God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also.

Make a sun, make a sun stand still. Apart from faith, His almighty power is inaccessible and irrelevant to our daily living! Answer me, O Lord, answer me, that this people may know that You, O Lord, are God, and that You have turned their heart back again.”, (God answered by consuming Elijah’s sacrifice with fire from heaven. We just need to surrender to them and return to Egypt. We need to move on and find a city that’s easier to take. Daily, God provided manna that sustained them in the wilderness. This vast sea posed a significant obstacle to the exodus of the approximately 2,500,000 Israelites from Egypt.

That’s why God took so long before Abram had a son. How powerful is your God?

El Shaddai is actually 2 names for God put together.

He is our constant companion guiding us, reminding us of truths, convicting us of sin, emboldening us, motivating us, and empowering us. With Shaddai, we will see that He can cause nature to do what is contrary to itself.

God’s might is demonstrated in Scripture in many ways. Suppose you or I want to “create something”, we need to first acquire the materials.

He is willing to work in your life to make it happen. (Pretty cool, huh!) 6 And He wondered at their unbelief. This one in Gen. 17. Introduction. They had walked through the sea when it parted.

I am able to provide for all your needs.”, ....”you don’t need your plans, your strategies, your handmaids... all you need is Me!”, -... consequently :5   --- and notice, God didn’t say “I will make you a father of many nations”, but “I have made you....”.

a. God demonstrates His omnipotence by specializing in accomplishing the “impossible”. Is He a puny little God who can accomplish little against the overwhelming circumstances of life or is He God Almighty who parts seas, collapses walls, sends fire from heaven, saves souls and raises the dead?

Are you willing to be pruned so you can experience God as El Shaddai?

Abe had a choice. Besides, I like to play mahjong withmy buddies.
2. As His child, you already have that power in your life through His indwelling Spirit, but maybe you’re not experiencing it in your daily living. God’s omnipotence enables Him to do any and everything He desires. In a display of His might, God essentially says to their leader Moses, “No Problem, I’ll make a way for you!” and causes its waters to part so that they could all simply stroll right through the midst of the sea on dry ground.

He (and we) to learn that what God promises, only God can give.

If we want to bake a cake we start with flour, milk, eggs, butter, and the like. I should just go back to fishing, but it doesn’t seem like I can even do that very well anymore. It might mean that you will be pruned and chastened by the Almighty. 1.

Proverbs 26: 4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Or you will also be like him. Meanwhile, Pharaoh, the ruler of Egypt, had regretted his decision to allow them to leave and had sent his army to recapture them. Help us continue to create Bible study resources by supporting Study and Obey for as little as $1..fusion-button.button-2{width:auto}Support. Abram’s choice... is he going to believe God?

Do you believe that since El Shaddai is all powerful, He can provide whatever you need to be fruitful? What is your response in these life situations when the sea is in front of you and Pharaoh’s army is behind you? As your El Shaddai, he is the source of your prosperity and blessing. If you are a true believer in Jesus Christ, then you have that power within you.

ILLUS.

He has no faith. In fact, El-Shaddai is said to bless His people with “blessings of heaven above, blessings of the deep that lieth under, blessings of the breasts, and of the womb” (Genesis 49:25).