“The fact that people still like a record we put out in 2004 is unbelievably gratifying. “When we first started and we made that first record, I was really worried that people would only be interested in the novelty of us looping and playing everything by ourselves as just two people,” Dunn shared. "Really, this is a Golden Age of music,” Dunn observed.

Queen’s Gambit 7. The self-released LP received only modest attention initially, but the project would go on to defy all expectations, gradually attracting a significant cult audience of loyal fans. I'll buy the non-limited vinyl edition instead. "Really, this is a Golden Age of music,” Dunn observed.

Release Date: 09/27/2019, Fifteen years ago Kristian Dunn and Tim Fogarty released their self - titled debut album as El Ten Eleven. “It was a glacial pace,” Dunn said of the process.

“When we first put it out there was very little reaction. Early on Dunn feared the quirkiness of the group’s two-man band approach would overshadow their music. Seriously, who would expect two instrumentalists to create such a large and complex sound?

The growth of those services would be a consequential factor in introducing El Ten Eleven’s music to the world. Tim and I were still figuring out what we were doing when we made that album. Dunn views the development of digital music distribution services as a liberating force for artists, an effective channel to sidestep the suffocating control of corporate media. Connect your Spotify account to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform.

Scrobbling is when Last.fm tracks the music you listen to and automatically adds it to your music profile. It's surpassed my expectations for longevity and impact, and of course we’re happy about that.". Production / El Ten Eleven / Sonny DiPerri Mixing / Sonny DiPerri Mastering / Dave Cooley Design / YYES Recording / January 8-23, 2020 / Panoramic House / Marin County, / December 4, 2019 / The Lair / Los Angeles, / December 9-11, 2019 / Octopus Beak / Los Angeles. el ten eleven.

Moral Dynamite 5. But the reaction we did get was very passionate, which was exciting for us because we felt like we were on to something.” Defying expectations is standard operating procedure for El Ten Eleven. Does it make me feel something? But thanks to inventive arrangements and a masterful use of looping, Dunn (bass/guitar) and Fogarty (drums) developed a pulsating sound full of atmospheric intensity. Lassitude tautology II — middle age. They’ve also crafted an incredibly durable career, and the duo credit the ongoing interest in their debut album as the foundation for that success. the triple LP — out everywhere now. Sometimes it's technically interesting but it doesn't make me feel anything. Limited 15th Anniversary 1st pressing of 1000 on amber colored vinyl. $5 monthly membership includes a slew of perks such as access to limited vinyl, free downloads, concert tickets, and much more. Some user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. It took a long time, but it worked." The Silent Bell That Rings 5. With Report 3. In Mike Music you can listen and download music totally free without any misleading advertising. A new version of Last.fm is available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site. For all the band’s fans who discovered this album via online streaming services, JNR’s deluxe vinyl reissue of El Ten Eleven provides an excellent opportunity to bypass the compromised bitrates and crappy laptop speakers associated with digital listening, allowing listeners to experience this music in all of its full-frequency high-fidelity glory. Division 6. The duo’s sound is sharply evocative in mood and feeling, yet simultaneously abstract and meditative.