MJ, the biggest entertainer in human history. 0. MJ will be remembered as someone like Rudy Vallee; someone very famous in his day, but that day is long over. Still have questions? Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. Oasis 99-00. Oasis 97-98.

Just saying, that's all. How many people know that he didn't invent the moonwalk or that he didn't write thriller. The Beatles really woke up the 60's but even they looked up tp Elvis.

MTV, as Irishguy said, came along in 1981, and it was from that point onwards that videos became more and more of a promotional tool and focal point in pop music.

Oasis 24/7. Oasis 94-96. Beady Eye Tour 2011-14 . The DBTT Tour 05-06. I like their stuff.

is john michael higgins in any way related to robin williams? Is meeting Justin Bieber your biggest dream? The Tube. It was not necessarily Jackson who made them big - they were already getting big! MTV, as Irishguy said, came along in 1981, and it was from that point onwards that videos became more and more of a promotional tool and focal point in pop music. You are speaking as MTV was the first TV channel ever, this wasn't. Not to defend MJ, because I do think the Beatles were bigger than him in terms of innovation (musicaly speaking), I'm still disturbed by all people referring to the Beatles as major innovators and never speaking of Bob Dylan, just saying... A few points, as I am quite enjoying this discussion. <3 Paul McCartney!!!! MJD is correct in that - and yet again Elvis is hindered yet still keeps shifting millions. Most people I knew didn't even have LP (33 1/3 rpm 12 inch) compatible record players when The Beatles started out... and the Please Please Me LP when released cost £1.80 (Music Week figure last week). MJ was bigger than Elvis and The Beatles. Beatles were four guys, but only 2 songwriters, Elvis had a whole team of songwriters at his disposal if he wanted them. Your arguments are sound. For videos it is clear - it is Michael Jackson who made them big, nothing prevented the Beatles to do the same. The Beatles vs. Michael Jackson Who do you like most?

They are running out of blind alleys to go down! Hello. I was always partial, though, to the dancing of Freddie & the Dreamers! This page was generated at 17:09. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWjVffR5 ... L&index=10, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOnL5c8LMqM, Welcome to UKMIX! Before you can post, you will have to. What prevented TV channels to air them? How on earth Thriller existed thanks to MTV? This forum is powered by vBulletin software (vBulletin Solutions Inc. All rights reserved). Jennymoo Posts: 1,053.

Before you can post, you will have to. His distinctive musical sound and vocal style influenced numerous hip hop, pop, and contemporary R&B artists like Mariah Carey, Usher, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Ciara, Ne-Yo, and Chris Brown. The Beatles! The world went mad! Why is everyone so in Love with Betty White ? I am with you on this. Noel Gallagher & HFB - Tour . I do like Michael Jackson's music. In my opinion The Beatles are the best band in the world.

The Beatles were not overrated. Which of the three artists/groups do you dislike most? Common knowledge, even among the illiterate pop watchers like me. There is none.

MJ, the biggest entertainer in human history. But, I must admit airplay and the arrival of the CD format has benefited the Beatles' catalogue sales in the Soundscan era. The Elvis Presley phenomenon was just as much of a team effort as The Beatles one, in fact maybe even more so. To link Thriller video success with barely MTV is very wrong. The beatles and michael jackson were hippies that promoted peace and love yuck! And the fact that he did it all by himself and not with a group or a writer to write his music, like The Beetles and Elvis. I would go for Michael Jackson as my first choice. Stop The Clocks Promo Tour 06-07.

There are other records he broke that are unbelievable, but I don't have the time right now to name all of them. Apologies if I am asking to much! :D Elvis was good as well as MJ but i think the beatles rised a little bit above the rest and i think they had a bit of a more worldly impact but Elvis and MJ will hold their place in music as well. Do you like Barbra Streisand or Elton John more? Stop The Clocks Promo Tour 06-07. Hello. The Beatles, their music was amazing, and they made loads of albums and singles. Michael Jackson himself needed the power of Elvis Presley to get out of his own problems, if you remember his stint with Lisa Marie, we all know that was for only one thing and to take the people minds off of his child moleststation charges. Sorry! elvis vs the beatles vs michael jackson? That level of fame during Beatlemania will never be seen again. The popularity of his videos aired on MTV, such as "Beat It" and "Billie Jean", helped bring the relatively young channel to fame; videos such as "Black or White" and "Scream" made Jackson a staple on MTV into the 1990s.

But there's "Don't Stop Till You Get Enought" (1979) video on HIStory Greatest Hits Video. It's been estimated that he's sold at least a billion records worldwide, more than any other artist (including the Beatles and MJ). It [the market] was indeed that small.

He used his extreme talent, fame, popularity, and time to help all kids heal the world and help those less fortunate than he is. The Beatles DID release several videos - even full movies, 5 in total. Elvis Presley vs. Who do you like most? It was not necessarily Jackson who made them big - they were already getting big! Most people I knew didn't even have LP (33 1/3 rpm 12 inch) compatible record players when The Beatles started out... and the Please Please Me LP when released cost £1.80 (Music Week figure last week). I hear that there are good people in Hollywood and places but who are they ? It's no wonder that LP sales were low in the 1960s!

Michael Jackson was the pioneer of music video and is THE biggest influence on music videos bar none. It's no wonder that LP sales were low in the 1960s! Elvis could pick and choose his songwriters, especially later on in his career. It was seen as a luxury item rather than an essential music item. Elvis. In their primes, Elvis Presley and The Beatles were quite big and people were sure that there would never be anyone as big…until a little black child broke into the spotlight and stole the show. Oasis 94-96. Oasis Pre 1994. Amazing! What do you  think Barack is doing in the democratic party now after the election of 2020. I mean, I love all of them but for me it has to be MJ. But music sales should be higher in 60s - 70s, because at that time there's only music & movie & TV for entertainment, while in 80s, there's vidoe games, etc other entertainment to against it. Which of the three artists/groups do you dislike most? ...the sixties album market was much smaller - my own relatives have told me that they literally had to save up to buy early sixties albums!! The voting panel for the albums was different to the "Immortals" panel but still comprised musicians and other music industry insiders such as: Billie Joe Armstrong, Beck, Hal Blaine, Jackson Browne, Solomon Burke, James Burton, Jerry Butler, Marshall … Michael Jackson had 3 entries: Thriller #20, Off The Wall #68, Bad #202. He has done things Elvis and the beetles never did. Before you can post, you will have to. What you say about UK TV channels was true pretty much everywhere.

Jackson became a dominant figure in popular music in the late 1970s as the first black entertainer to amass a strong crossover following on MTV. I like their stuff. They did not sell many, but they were one of the best - God save the Kinks! MJ will always be #3 behind The Beatles and Elvis. I don't think anyone knows what the score was, but Prince I was aware about as a gifted and prolific songwriter, and obviously Macca/Lennon and plenty of others. I love Yesterday, And I Love Her, All My Loving, Sgt. Dig Out Your Soul Tour 08-09. But hey, personal preferences.

Oasis 03-04. I have been watching and listening to a lot of Beatles music, so far its been gold. They did not sell many, but they were one of the best - God save the Kinks! You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer. 'I wish the whole world could see you like I do'. The evidence is certainly beginning to point towards only one logical conclusion!!! Elvis Presley, he was the king of rock n roll! Do you like Barbra Streisand or Elton John more? Elvis Presley, he was the king of rock n roll! (although Jackson deserves credit for recognising the new media, and exploiting it well). Jackson has some good hits but his personal wierd overshadows just about everything he does.If he had stopped his "changes"back when he did Thriller he would have been more popular in the long run. L4e Forum.

Yes, nothing. The RPI increased by 15.5 times between 1963 and 2009 (official figures) so that's equivalent to £27.90 today.

Oasis 99-00. All times are GMT-1. Since then they have had number ones and hits in virtually every country in the World, they have sold more records in the USA and Britain than any other artist, and they are still, to this day, one of the biggest selling acts on the planet. Bootleg Trading . Well, if it was so common to see music videos before the 1980s...why are there so few examples?

Why? All times are GMT-1. Michael Jackson vs Elvis Presley vs The Beatles One of the few bright spots of staying at home is to catch up on things. There are....aren't there! All times are GMT-1. the invention of the CD helped boost Jackson's sales as well. Which Sherlock Holmes actor do you like more, Cumberbatch or RDJ?

First official Beatles single released this day, 5th October, 1962. 16 Answers. The fact they haven't been matched isn't that relevant as I already pointed out - it was a time where it was a lot, lot easier to dominate chart. He is the most awarded artist in history; he has had the biggest tours of all time, breaking attendance records all over the planet. Just like Michael Jackson released 'Moonwalker' the Beatles released A Hard Day's Night and others, what is the difference? It was indeed that small. No Doubt!! For help, or to report any issues you're currently having, please visit the ProBoards Support Forum. In order I like Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson, The Beatles. The Beatles are good too, though, and MJ is...okay.

Jackson popularized physically complicated dance techniques, such as the robot and the moonwalk. But Yeah..My L0ver Michael Jackson … so yes, it appeared in end of 70s. Jackson didn't write all his material, i.e the song Thriller. William DisBarr said that history is written by the winners, so how will the winning writers portray Trump and DisBarr? Beatles; there's no competition. Michael Jackson Vs Elvis Vs The Beatles. Joke! According to Herkenrath, Neil Sedaka invented the pop video!!

Oasis 03-04. I am curious. There is every possible difference going between The Beatles & Elvis and Michael Jackson. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, With a Little Help from my Friends and I Saw Her Standing There. The fact is the following - Most countries had no MTV back in 1983, still the Thriller video generated a massive surge in sales of the Thriller LP everywhere in the world. Plenty of videos about before MTV, but MTV allowed Jackson and others to air their videos on a music channel for the first time ever. Just Kidding. Madonna, The Rolling Stones, U2, Elton John, Celine Dion, Cher or Mariah Carey seems very far of these three acts in any case yes. MJ no contest. Share your reasons why.

As already stated, don't agree with your point about videos whatsover MJD. But I would not say I am a big fan of Michael Jackson. Don’t you wish you were as hot as Justin Bieber? Still have questions? How come? I would go for Michael Jackson as my first choice. Why is everyone so in Love with Betty White ? Relevance. So who actually invented moonwalk? The beetles and Elvis were great but MJ is the King.