The word in the example sentence does not match the entry word. There are about 7 percent Christians in Sri Lanka, who are both – Tamil and Sinhala. It is the possible remedy for almost all the socio-political conflicts and basically promotes the idea of team work, constructive collaboration and peaceful co-existence instead of individual endeavour of a person, group or a community for the common collective good. 'increment': 0.05, Interest groups such as those of traders, businessmen, industrialists, farmers and individual workers also have share in governmental power, either through participation in governmental committees or bringing influence on the decision making process. *Power sharing among different social groups 11. Explain. {code: 'ad_rightslot', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_rightslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/rightslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[300, 250]] } }, The problem became more serious in Brussels where the majority community of the Dutch speakers was in minority and minority community of the French speakers was in majority. name: "unifiedId", } Belgium has the Netherlands, France and Germany as its immediate neighbours, which also share a deep connection with the historical past of this country. People of a country belonging to any of the regions, areas, communities, or ethnic groups of the country have a right to be informed and consulted, on how they are going to be administered and governed. In India, weaker sections of society have ‘reserved constituencies’ in Assemblies and the Parliament. The Central Board of Secondary Education has been providing support to the academic needs of the learners worldwide. The purpose of this unit is to sensitize the students about the fact that all the Nations and societies have such diversities in their population. Denial of acceptance and lack of accommodation of the diversity often results in disputes, conflicts and civil strife which are difficult to resolve. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195453', size: [320, 100] }}, All rights reserved, Save Time On Research and Writing. { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_SR' }}, TEACHERS NOTES I. The main features of the Northern Ireland model are: cross-community power sharing name: "_pubcid",

pid: '94' Now customize the name of a clipboard to store your clips. In modern democracies, power-sharing arrangements can take many forms – (i) Among different organs of government : Power is shared among the legislature,executive and judiciary.This is called horizontal distribution of power because it allows the three organs of government placed at the same level to exercise different powers.

googletag.pubads().setTargeting("cdo_ei", "power-sharing-arrangement"); { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195467', size: [320, 100] }}, This will make the learners realize that hatred, rigidity and lack of political will to share power with the minorities and people from diverse backgrounds results in even more hatred and even a bigger conflict that may lead to disastrous CBSE-i TEACHERS’ MANUAL CLASS-X • POLITICAL SCIENCE UNIT-I • Power Sharing 2 consequences. { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654157' }}, com. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195453', size: [320, 50] }}, { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195452', size: [300, 250] }},

This Unit has been structured in the following manner: Section 1 – This section deals with the idea and meaning of power sharing. Even the countries which follow one language and one religion are not completely homogeneous, and have some or the other kind of demographic diversity. }, Such assistance comes in many forms, including confidence-building measures, power-sharing arrangements, electoral support, strengthening the rule of law, and economic and social development. Why is power-sharing desirable in a democracy or any other system of government? name: "pbjs-unifiedid", (ii) Among governments at different levels : Here power is shared among governments at the provincial or regional level and a general government for the entire country, called Federal Government. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195452', size: [300, 250] }}, Scribd will begin operating the SlideShare business on December 1, 2020 Moreover, today’s children are going to be tomorrow’s political leaders, visionaries and statesmen.

Describe the power sharing arrangement made by Belgium ? (1) Power sharing : (i) Power sharing is good because it helps to reduce the possibility of conflict between social groups. The CBSE-i website enables all stakeholders to participate in this initiative through the discussion forums provided on the portal. }, l In order of re-enforce the concept of power sharing, give examples from various countries (the ones mentioned in the student manual) and ask the students to note the important points in their notebooks as the presentation progresses. Observe it and try to find out what does it depict? (iv) Among political parties, pressure groups and movements :Power is shared among various political parties that represent different ideologies and social groups. l With the help of student response, prepare a compare and contrast matrix on the class board and explain the case studies in detail.

Vineet Joshi Chairman, CBSE CBSE-i CLASS-X • POLITICAL SCIENCE UNIT-I • Power Sharing TEACHERS’ MANUAL CLASS-X POLITICAL SCIENCE UNIT-I POWER SHARING CONTENTS l INTRODUCTION l POWER-SHARING: CONCEPT OF ACCOMODATION l, NEED FOR POWER-SHARING l CASE STUDY: BELGIUM AND SRI LANKA l l l COMPARISON AND CONTRAST SOME OTHER EXAMPLES FORMS OF POWER SHARING l HORIZONTAL l VERTICAL l AMONG SOCIAL GROUPS l AMONG POLITICAL PARTIES, INTEREST GROUPS AND MOVEMENTS iv CBSE-i CLASS-X • POLITICAL SCIENCE UNIT-I • Power Sharing TEACHERS’ MANUAL v POWER SHARING UNIT MATRIX TOPIC KNOWLEDGE UNDERSTANDING APPLICATION Power Sharing : A concept Meaning and the ideology Sharing power = Gaining power Implementation in the family, society and political system Need for Power Sharing Requirements for which Power, Sharing is desired Moral and Prudential Reasons l Case Study Political Systems of Belgium and Sri Lanka l How social differences turn into divisions l How accommodation leads to innovation and national integration Application of the principle in other cases like – USA, CANADA, LEBENON, INDIA etc. Examples of power-sharing arrangement in a sentence, how to use it.

enableSendAllBids: false, { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654149' }}, var pbAdUnits = getPrebidSlots(curResolution); It was in 1950s that the Flanders saw economic boom, while Walloonia at that time came to an economic standstill. dfpSlots['houseslot_a'] = googletag.defineSlot('/2863368/houseslot', [300, 250], 'ad_houseslot_a').defineSizeMapping(mapping_houseslot_a).setTargeting('sri', '0').setTargeting('vp', 'mid').setTargeting('hp', 'right').setCategoryExclusion('house').addService(googletag.pubads()); var mapping_topslot_b = googletag.sizeMapping().addSize([746, 0], [[728, 90]]).addSize([0, 0], []).build(); { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_MidArticle' }}, 'buckets': [{ CBSE-i TEACHERS’ MANUAL CLASS-X • POLITICAL SCIENCE UNIT-I • Power Sharing 7 One possible approach is to grant autonomy to the diverse groups, regional or ethnic, over a few or all aspects of their own affairs. In such a condition, the main objective of the political system of the Nation is not to eliminate diversity but rather to accommodate, reconcile, and manage socialdiversities in such a manner that they all feel important, being a part of the Nation, their interests are well taken care of, their cultural identity well secured, making them to develop a sense of belongingness, trust, and faith in the political system of the country. var mapping_rightslot = googletag.sizeMapping().addSize([746, 0], [[300, 250]]).addSize([0, 0], []).build(); { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_rightslot' }}]}, priceGranularity: customGranularity, { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_Billboard' }}, 'cap': true

googletag.pubads().setTargeting("cdo_l", "en"); Students will get to know various forms through which political power can be shared and peacefully exercised in a Democracy while accommodating various. It creates such arrangements, situations and opportunities where citizens, through active participation, acquire a stake in the political system. googletag.pubads().setTargeting("sfr", "cdo_dict_english"); bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776160', position: 'atf' }}, });

At the extreme level, power sharing can result in granting self-determination, and complete independence, allowing a minority group to establish its own sovereign Nation state.

Such demands, if ignored, can be fatal.