INTRODUCTION:Since ancient times, plants have been used as herbal medicines. Grover JK, Yadav S and Vats V: Medicinal plants of India with Antidiabetic potential. Now, if you look at the list of ingredients of those formulas, there is little to no argan oil in the formula. This produces not only high quality extracts, but leads to an increadible biodiversity of wildlife. Clin Exp Dermatol 1990; 15: 139-142. Information on the herbal cosmetics was collected via electronic search (using pub med, scifinder, Google Scholar and web of science) and library search for articles published in peer-reviewed journals. Singla RK: Review on the Pharmacological Properties of Cocos Nucifera Endocarp. This quick answer is Yes. Toshihiro A, Naoki H, Harukuni T, Motohiko U, Hiroyuki A and Yuichi T: Cucurbitane-type triterpenoids from the fruits of, Beloin N, Gbeassor M, Akpagana K, Hudson J, De Soussa K and Koumaglo K: Ethnomedicinal uses of, Hussain AI, Anwar F, Sherazi STH and Przybylski R: Chemical composition, antioxidant and antimicrobial activities of basil (. Extracts are really easy to use and can be blended directly into all our bases at 0 - 2% with simple stirring and/or agitation.

International Food Research Journal 2011; 18(4): 1275-1282.

You can buy all the cosmetic ingredients and materials you might need for makeup, hair and skincare products here at a low price. Samant and Rawal, D: Diversity, extraction and status of fodder species in Askot Wildlife Sanctuary, West Himalaya, India.

Vaidya ADB and Devasagayam TPA: Current Status of Herbal Drugs in India: An Overview. Your email address will not be published.

She is a naturopath with a special interest in aromatic and integrative medicine, and is dual-registered with the Allied Health Professions Council of South Africa (AHPCSA). Advisor. Planta Med 2009; 75: 41. Thornfeldt C: Cosmeceuticals containing herbs: fact, fiction, and future.

Mutai C, Abatis D, Vagias C, Moreau D, Roussakis C and Roussis V: Cytotoxic lupane-type triterpenoids from Acacia mellifera.

J. Ethnopharmacol2000; 71: 23-43. On my other website The Beauty Brains we frequently get asked whether this or that treatment suggested by someone’s grandmother is really going to improve hair or skin.

With the right blend of plant extracts, you can enhance the luxury of your … Milford, CT 06460 Additionally, there is the wisdom of ancestors that helps reinforce the idea that certain home remedies provide great benefits.

Other parameters like organoleptic characteristics, pH, viscosity, stability towards light and refrigeration should also be evaluated 9.

Moisturizers increase the hygroscopic properties of the skin; however, high concentration of these substances may cause irritation and exfoliation.

Some other favourite additives are papaine, a proteolytic enzyme from papaya (Carica papaya) or bromelaine from pineapple (Ananas cosmosus), as well as various marine-based materials, especially bladderwrack (Fucus vesiculosus). Habib-ur-Rehman, Yasin KA and Choudhary MA: Studies on the chemical constituents of.

The plant world has so many useful materials to soothe and calm the skin that it is impractical to even attempt to mention them all, but I’ve chosen a few that have been well-researched, or are well-known, to highlight.

Though turmeric has been successfully used in parts of Africa for healing rashes, inflammation and itching,7 I’m not sure if the yellow jaundiced-tan look is too appealing anywhere other than Essex in the UK!

Millions of Indians use herbal drugs regularly, as spices, home-remedies, health foods as well as over-the-counter (OTC) as self-medication or also as drugs prescribed in the non-allopathic systems 7.

Contact Dermatitis 1988; 55-56. Ullah Z, Mehmood R, Imran M, Malikb A and Afzal RA: Flavonoid constituents of Pistacia integerrima.

Ochronosis is an uncommon adverse effect of HQ, characterized by progressive darkening of the area to which the cream containing high concentrations of HQ is applied for many years 182. Scartezzini P and Speroni E: Review on some plants of Indian traditional medicine with antioxidant activity. I must admit I do state, in one of my product line information snippets, ‘Inspired by Nature ~ Enhanced by Science’ – not just for wordsmith-value, but because I have found it to be true. Cosmetics and personal-care products may contain ingredients whose safety is unknown or which are known to create health risks. This sound scientific research has backed up many anecdotal claims. It is desirable that manufacturers should ensure the quality of products through systematic testing at their level. Cosmeceuticals are the fastest-growing segment of the natural personal care industry 13.

Adverse Reactions to Cosmetics and Methods of Testing. But if it doesn’t, certainly move on to step 2. Molecules 2009; 14(12): 5144-5164.

Subramanian V: The Case of Selected Indian Healthcare Systems.

International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications 2012; 2(2): 1-10. Pomegranate’s interesting fatty acid profile plus other components including some vitamins and minerals make it suitable for dry skin conditions and ageing skin. Many common drugs are derived from the extracts of plants.

The active ingredients in hair bleaches are hydrogen peroxide solutions that oxidize melanin to a lighter color.