It’s popular street food, usually with a side of vinegar dipping sauce, as well as a pulutan served with hard drinks.

The cooking time can vary greatly depending on how large your cuts of meat are. Pour the mixture over the pork. I use the ketchup as part of the basting sauce mixed with oyster sauce and sesame oil. Marinate, turning meat once or twice, in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight for best results. A delightful marriage of sweet, salty and spicy, you’ll be hard-pressed to stop at just one. 2 liters 7 up If you want to use the marinade, bring to a boil for a good 10 to 15 minutes to reduce the marinade and to kill off any bacteria from the raw meat. The lemon from the marinade is tempered once cooked, leaving you with tasty, earthy lemon flavors on your Filipino style pork bbq. Chicken Inasal Recipe (Homemade) - Pilipinas Recipes, Best Heavy-Duty Grill Covers for 3-4 Burner Grills, Best Muffin Pan: For Your Best Muffin Experience, The Best 4-Cup Coffee Maker For Small Spaces: 5 Reviews, What is the Best Cotton Candy Machine? Just made this recipe and it looks and taste really good ! Nowadays, you will see people adding all sorts of stuff to the mix like topping it with Queso de Bola and Ham and Chocolate.

Commonly peddled at street corners on makeshift grill carts, these delectable pork skewers are widely enjoyed as a viand with hefty servings of rice or as portable appetizers to complement cold beer. I don’t have a charcoal grill. Questions Regarding the Recipe? The Filipino Pork Barbecue (Pork BBQ) is everyone’s favorite where the skewers are grilled on fire right in front of you. Transfer into resealable bags or air-tight containers and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.

Baste the pork barbecue every few minutes so that it gets moist and shiny. After a discussion with a friend over how great they were and how we missed them I set out to recreate them. Pre-heat the outdoor barbecue grill to a medium high heat. I only saw banana ketchup on the basting sauce ingredients not on the marinade. Filipino Pork Barbecue Philippine Cuisine, fresh or frozen calamansi concentrate or use fresh lemon juice, from Asian markets (or use tomato catsup). When cooked, serve hot on long platters and garnish with tomatoes, cucumbers, and green pickled mangoes or some “atsara”, green papaya pickle relish. Tried it just now. It shouldn’t be a complete surprise that pork is a quintessential part of Filipino food and culture, especially because pigs are an indigenous animal to the Philippines. Pour the rest of the marinade over the pork. Grill on medium heat until cooked with continuous turning and basting. Thanks. I am glad you enjoyed it. Need more ideas for your barbecue? Also, make sure to remove your marinating meat from the fridge and rest it on the counter so it’s not too cold when grilling. Can you look at these beauties that are blueberry-studded? In a large mixing bowl, add banana ketchup, 7-up (or sprite), soy sauce, vinegar, oyster sauce, chili oil with black bean sauce, brown sugar, ground pepper, and lots of garlic. If you don’t have this at your local market, you can use regular distilled vinegar. Leave ½ cup of the marinade and sugar aside. I like to make sure that all the pieces have some parts of the fat in it so that each bite is tasty. These grilled Pork Barbecue, Filipino-style are a favorite every time we have a party or I bring it to friends. Example measure 3 cups of oyster sauce in lbs and divide that to 6lbs of pork butt. Required fields are marked *. The lechon and rice was a satisfying lunch, but I was looking forward to a bit of the pork belly. Commonly peddled at street corners on makeshift grill carts, these delectable pork … It’s no wonder these are a Filipino delicacy.

Your email address will not be published. Masyado po atang marami ang 2cups na vinegar? I am sorry, the previous amount was what I always used but I tested the recipe again and cutting the amount of the marinade is fine. Rub mixture over pork belly and place in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish; roast for 3 1 ⁄ 2 hours. Pork Recipes Pinoy Pork Barbeque. Add the meat in an air-tight container larger than the amount of meat inside, leaving room for the marinade. Refrigerate for at least one hour or up to overnight. After making these skewers many times throughout the past, I wanted to add some additional ingredients to amplify the taste. Eat these skewers fresh off the grill with a side of rice, some pickles, crispy lumpia, and you will thank me later. Simple and classic pinoy streetfood recipe of BBQ. This Filipino Pork Barbecue is hard to resist and not to tell you how easy it is to make. Put the marinated pork on bamboo skewers. Cook the skewers for about four minutes on each side and then turn it over and cook for another four minutes. Pork Barbecue is also a staple among street food vendors. Remove the skewers when they’re done. You can use the recipe card in the post to adjust the number of servings. These grilled Pork Barbecue, Filipino-style are a favorite every time we have a party or I bring it to friends. You can also use a knife to cut a piece of pork and check the center. After I marinate and refrigerate the pork, I allow the meat to come back to room temperature before barbecuing.

Hi Lalaine! When picking pork, I like to choose pork shoulder or butt because it’s got a nice combination of lean and fatty pieces. To make the BBQ pork, combine all ingredients, except the pork, and whisk vigorously. Make sure to browse around and pick a favorite dish or two. I'm Huy! Hi Joanne. I used 7.7 lbs. This Pork Barbecue tastes great and I was able to cook them for a family picnic. Ready to grill a batch? Every stick of pork has combined flavors of the sweet, savory and spicy. Filipino vs American BBQ If they don’t have These pork skewers in heaven I don’t want to go. Repeat basting and cooking. It is a popular filipino food that is found in many street food stalls in the Philippines.

Please take one bite. Now put the pork meat on the bamboo sticks and put them on the preheated grill. As the name of the dish suggest, pork belly is recommended for this recipe because it is perfect for grilling and it has a good enough fat content that keeps the meat moist and flavorful. I only used half liter of 7up and maybe half of the rest of the ingredients. At home, cut your pork shoulder into cubes no smaller than one inch on all sides. Support and Visit our Facebook Page for more Filipino Recipes. You made my day . Tasty even just marinated for 3 hours. But what does it taste like? Your email address will not be published. Whisk the contents and make sure the brown sugar has dissolved. You can also buy a ‘Boneless Pork Picnic Shoulder’. Vincent serpes.

I found on your recipe says it’s 50.

It seems like there is too much marinade but maybe it will taste good. You can use an oven. Thank you! For Filipino Americans, I’ve started to see a lot of interesting fusions made in Filipino BBQ–something that is reflected in this recipe.

This is the best recipe for BBQ Pork skewers on the planet.There used to be a Filipino gentleman at our local farmers market who sold BBQ pork skewers.He had a line longer than any other vendor. It is a marinated slice of pork thread on a skewer and grilled to perfection. P.S. I also used a Filipino brand of vinegar called Datu Puti, which is a sweet type of vinegar with less acidity.