","position":2,"name":"Melt butter in a medium skillet, over medium...","url":"https:\/\/www.norinesnest.com\/fried-ice-cream-cake\/#mv_create_40_2"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Take a 9 x 13 baking dish and spread 1\/2 the corn flakes mixture into the bottom of pan. Fried and lightly spiced with Orange and cinnamon, it's a simple Mexican dessert …

Enjoy yourself -- as you choose between Citrus Flan, Margarita Pie, Churros, Pineapple or plain Sopapillas, Watermelon-Lemon Ice, Fried Bananas Vera Cruz Style, and Mayan Mango Madness. Cook until almost boiling on low heat, stirring, constantly. Those are just a few of the idea's that come off the top of my head. Stir and cook over medium high heat for four to five minutes until bananas are golden and liquid is almost caramelized.

Brilliant!

Carefully spread your ice cream mixture on top of the crumb crust. Recipe preceding for sopapillas (without cinnamon & honey)2 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar2 tbsp corn starch1 1 lb 4 ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained (or any other canned fruit)1/2 cup powdered sugar, Before frying the sopapillas, make the filling. Place on. lol) Thanks so much for stopping by Lynn! Additional Time ~Norine. You are the BEST! Have a great week and stop again soon.

He came to Todos Santos about ten years ago to grow tropical fruits -- and he's as successful a farmer as he is a restaurateur. Caramel sauce Place in chilled bowls; serve immediately. Have a Great week! Stir in lime juice, tequila and Controy and chill two hours. I add a hefty squirt of my fluffy friend “whip cream”! Both my son and son-in-law declared it better than original fried ice cream! In a small copper saucepan, mix sugar and coffee. I consider it a real honor to have been entrusted with this recipe, and now it's yours too.Marc was never formally trained as a chef. Stir in 1/2 cup water and beaten eggs.

This has Cinco De Mayo written all over it!

Hi Andrea! Serving Size: One square Lightly press them into the ice cream and then drizzle with honey. Light and scrumptious! Amount Per Serving: Let the syrup set up in refrigerator while making flan.Flan: Preheat oven to 325°.

(Sorry, I forgot to take a photo of that last step…Cut a girl some slack…I was dealing with melting Ice Cream and Corn Flake Crack!). Cover pan, and place in freezer. Add eggs, one at a time and beat well after adding each egg. In Spain they are served with piping hot chocolate. Set aside. *Be careful not to burn. When golden brown, remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Chocolate syrup The traditional Mexican fried ice cream dessert but without the deep fry! Heat oil in deep skillet or deep fryer to 400 degrees. Wilton Recipe Right 13 x 9 Oblong Pan with Cover Fry 2 to 3 ribbons at a time for 6 or 7 minutes each. Mix, mix, mix!

Fried Ice Cream Cake! (If you have a candy thermometer, this happens at about 238° F) Pour mixture into mold -- a nine-inch round, two-inch deep cake pan works well. When I texted him to ask what he wanted for “dessert” …his reply was “I think you know what I want?” (Panic…I do?!

","position":5,"name":"Spread the remaining corn flake mixture evenly over...","url":"https:\/\/www.norinesnest.com\/fried-ice-cream-cake\/#mv_create_40_5"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Cut into squares and serve with drizzles of chocolate syrup and caramel sauce. Also, you are not stuck in the kitchen trying to juggle frying 8 ice cream balls all at once. I do this in a pan on top of the stove. Hope this helps in some small way. Married now to a lawyer in La Paz, he's definitely integrated himself into the Southern Baja culture. FRIED BANANAS VERA CRUZ STYLE. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/mexican-fried-ice-cream Nutrition Information: scoops of ice cream on a, In a shallow bowl, combine cornflake crumbs and cinnamon. He started selling breads, cakes and cookies to the local gringo community. Years ago I made traditional fried ice cream. 3 cups crushed Corn Flakes cereal so-so-so-so delicious, it's become a new family fave! Turn them over three to four times to make them puff up evenly, then fry for two to three minutes on each side, until they are golden brown and puffed up like small pillows. Turn out on a lightly floured surface. We celebrated our son Landon’s birthday last weekend. She shares not only her family's favorite travel tales, but also the delicious, easy-to-prepare recipes she has collected and created.

Drizzle the honey over the top. My two sons request this every year for their birthday's. Roll into a rectangle about 12" x 15". (It’s like corn flake crack! ½ cup (1 stick) butter If you’ve gone this far… I say go ALL THE WAY and finish with a cherry on top! Stir in lemon extract and cool for 15 minutes.Put half the dough in a large pastry bag with a large star tip. {"@context":"http:\/\/schema.org","@type":"Recipe","name":"Fried Ice Cream Cake","author":{"@type":"Person","name":"Norine"},"datePublished":"2019-01-23","recipeYield":12,"description":"The traditional Mexican fried ice cream dessert but without the deep fry! Sprinkle tops with powdered sugar and serve warm.WATERMELON - LEMON ICE. Gradually add cold water. Drizzle the honey over the top. Add the crushed corn flakes, sugar and cinnamon. By 1993 he'd taken the big step and opened his own restaurant. It's a refreshing after dinner treat during the hot months and one that will make you feel that you're barefoot under a palapa in Ixtapa, Puerto Vallarta or Los Cabos. I've been down with the flu! Cuisine: Yo-self!

All rights reserved. With wooden spoon, stir in pineapple.

4 tbsp butter or margarine1/4 cup brown sugar1/4 cup Orange juice1/2 tsp cinnamon4 green tipped bananas, peeled and sliced lengthwise, Melt margarine in skillet with brown sugar, Orange juice and cinnamon.

She has been sharing cherished family Mexican recipes since 2010. This is the perfect birthday cake! Learn how your comment data is processed. Recommended Products In fact, I know one soon-to-be 20-year old who will be thrilled to have this as his birthday cake, too. Serves eight. Cut into squares and serve with drizzles of chocolate syrup and caramel sauce. Cut flan into eight wedges. Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Fry mixture for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until cereal is golden-brown. Add a layer of chopped mangos.Beat sugar, vanilla and whipping cream.

In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Melt butter in a medium skillet, over medium heat. Suite 1106

Spread ice cream mixture over the top of the corn flake mixture in the bottom of the pan.Spread the remaining corn flake mixture evenly over the ice cream. Using a spatula or large spoon, stir and mix well to combine. (I happen to agree with them and… they are the experts! Squeeze dough into oil until you have a ribbon about 7 to 9 inches long.

Fried bananas were transplanted to Baja from Vera Cruz. Video Recipe Mexican Flan by Jauja Cocina Mexicana. I'm so sorry it has taken me a few days to respond. Tick-tock…tick-tock…don’t do it…ya gotta wait!

Watermelon-lemon ice is an easy sherbet-like Mexican dessert that you can make with your kids' help. Beat mixture with spoon until smooth and it comes away from the sides of the pan. REXAL Baking Powder - Polvo para Hornear PROMESA, Crema Mexicana Natural Los Altos Cream (Pack of 3), Mexican Coffee 100% Cafe Arabica Ground Dark Roast, Coronado Caramel Topping Cajeta Quemada - Goat's Milk, Roland Dulce de Leche Milk Caramel Spread (Squeeze Bottle), Tortilla Press Cast Iron / Tortilladora Estrella, Gansito Marinela Pastelitos - Snack Cakes - 8 Gansitos, Tortillas - Maseca Corn Flour Masa for Tortillas, Mexican Desserts - Flan, Churros and Sopapillas, Authentic Mexican Flan Recipe Mexico Style, Peanuts - Cashews - Mixed Nuts - Trail Mix, Free Ground Shipping on $60 or more. As the hostess you can serve everyone, including #1…Yo-self! PINEAPPLE SOPAPILLASA delightful variation of sopapillas are these pineapple filled treats. Total Mom Senior moment… (I’m a grandma…I’m allowed Senior moments now. Before serving, let cake set out for about 20 minutes. It's full of flavor and yet so easy to make! Serve hot.

The traditional Mexican fried ice cream dessert but without the deep fry! One that didn’t require frost bite or major burns from splattered grease! Layers of delicious buttery cinnamon sugar corn flakes snuggle a thick slab of creamy vanilla ice cream topped off with a healthy drizzle caramel and chocolate topping! Cut in squares to serve. Cut it off with a knife. Freeze for 4-5 hours.

A keeper recipe!!!

Recipe makes 1 1/2 dozen churros.

If you ever are so fortunate as to find yourself in Todos Santos, make sure you stop in at Marc's restaurant. Add brandy. 1 cup water1/4 tsp salt1 tsp sugar1/2 cup butter or margarine1 cup flour4 eggs1/4 tsp lemon extract1 cup corn or canola oil1/2 cup sugar mixed with 1 tsp cinnamon, In a medium sized saucepan, combine water, salt, sugar and butter and bring to a full boil over high heat. Norine. MAYAN MANGO MADNESS. Again I'm so sorry I wasn't able to get right back to you. Hi Lynn! YUM! TIP: They need to cool completely or the crumbs will melt into the ice cream and disappear forever.