Hand in the completed form to a local GameStop manager for consideration. Honestly, GameStop can be, and is, a good place to work, and it has its ups and downs like most retailers. Just to clarify we always have that job posting available. Mention any trade schools or colleges attended too. Also consider that it's the end of the summer.

And if you ha e an attitude that you're entitled to a job or at least an interview, you've got a looooooong way to go in life. So it’s misleading. Came in wearing band tees and jacket as …

Application Received: No Reponse. I got a call 1 week after an application and voicemail said if I was still interested.

In my experience, 99 out of 100 places won't respond to decline your application. This is solely because most teams are spread thin, so we really don’t have the time or manpower to give any sort of rigorous training.

Stores are barely hiring and the existing staff already has limited hours. Beginning with the most recent employer, potential workers must list their job history. Just because the stores are taking applications does not mean there are actual openings. And lastly, if you didn’t attach a resume to your application, odds are that you got overlooked in favor of someone who did. This is called a blessing. Also just call.

If you want you can call or go in some time while the manager is in and directly ask them what's the deal. Usually you have to contact them, and then they’ll tell you that they’ll get back to you. Also, this is not a “comfortable” job. Your email address will not be published. Read more about getting an interview at GameStop. But I want to start somewhere … When looking for work, being polite and friendly is crucial. That’s why filling out and handing in an application form is a great idea. I mean I have a great amount of gaming experience and I’ve worked in retail as a evaluation portion from the summer of highschool as a junior. Gamestop gets by on the backs of skeleton crew teams, not by hiring everyone who applies, walks in with their resume and gives you a firm handshake. And that 1% that does, happens via email 3+ months later. Read more interview questions at GameStop, Make sure you understand what you're walking into in regards of work environment. When done, take it to your local store for review. Hey guys, I have applied to work in Gamestop and it’s been 10 days so far. Commonly asked questions, as reported by candidates, Get weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews. Download a printable GameStop employment form. There are many benefits to listing good references. Pay is shit, i worked there for 6 years, getting up to sga, didn't even break $10 per hour by the time I left.

I’m used to emails not calls since I wouldn’t know what they’re going to say. Even then, there’s no expectation that they will. Toggle navigation. As far as the No Response thing; try to get used to it. To start the hiring process, print out the PDF GameStop job application. Home > GameStop > GameStop Application PDF. And all this after I got my degree applying to jobs I was 100% qualified for. Press J to jump to the feed. Upon agreeing to these terms, sign and date the document. If you want some genuine advice, apply to any number of the big box stores (target, walmart, best buy) OR grocery stores.

It helps an applicant earn trust when beginning a GameStop career. Receive notification when applications open for lists and awards. Idk what you want to get out of this job, but I'd say don't worry about it and keep applying to other places. Keep moving.

Indicate available hours in the chart. Even before covid the company did not have the funds to support the appropriate amount of payroll needed (read: necessary amount of payed hours they can grant employees to work), they most certainly don't have it now. On a scale of 1-10 where 1 is Poor and 10 is Excellent, rating is 7.

Be accurate to ensure proper scheduling. In this section, hopefuls summarize their experience using game consoles, software, and PCs. Read the directions below for help completing the GameStop application. Enter desired salary or hourly wages, along with an open start date and past experience at GameStop.

To find out more, see our Cookies Policy. Click the image above to download it. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Indicate age since no one under 16 is eligible for employment.

A store barely checks their applicants either because 1 the store doesn’t need applicants or 2 they weren’t harassed by district management to see if they have potential and be benched for who knows how long before that store has someone that leaves or another store nearby has someone leave. Entry-level workers love GameStop because the company sells video games and pop culture goods. If ready, look for job openings near you. But we’re in a serious situation in the pandemic where people lost their jobs and have no income and I have to step up and do something about it and contribute. You may not here anything until after Halloween. They don't even check applications if they're not actually looking for someone to hire. Add additional sheets for extra space. I’ve put in lots of applications over the years and never sit there and expect to hear back. GameStop’s stock surged 44.12 percent following the news, closing at $13.49 per share, up 69 cents or 5.11 percent. This site uses cookies.

GameStop obtains the Personal Information listed above in sections 2.1 – 2.7 from the following sources: Directly from you, such as forms you complete as an applicant or employee, or services we provide you. If you do decide to follow up I'd suggest face-to-face rather than on the phone. Fill in the space asking for a desired position, and check a box for full-time, part-time, or temporary work. Have you opened and closed a re….

Try to go middle of the week, early afternoon before school is out/people are off work. And inquire.

Moderators remove posts from feeds for a variety of reasons, including keeping communities safe, civil, and true to their purpose. If not, mark the corresponding box. They must also write dates employed, pay rates, job titles, reasons for leaving, and duties. Hell, you probably will only get one or two shifts a week if you’re a GA (entry level). Enter each person’s name, job description, address, and phone number. Need accommodations with the application process? I get competition is fierce. All the stores in my area are over staffed, and stores in general aren’t given enough hours to warrant hiring new people. Attach more paper if needed. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts.

Came in wearing band tees and jacket as ….

What do you know about the services that we offer (Power Up Rewards, Game Play Guarantee, Product Replacement Plan, Trade Program)? to receive job recommendations and notifications about new jobs that meet your skills. If so, not bad. I want to work there however I don’t know whether it’s my application that isn’t enough for them. Gamestop is not one of those jobs you go to during this crisis to find any employment to help make ends meet. But I feel like there’s something wrong with my application. GameStop doesn't do much hiring until seasonal. I've even been ghosted after interviews on multiple occasions. What position?

I don't know about other stores, but my store is always "looking for help" and taking applications, but not always actually hiring. Home About Us Culture Our Brands ... to receive job recommendations and notifications about new jobs that meet your skills. To add to that, you’re rarely going to be talking much gaming stuff. If it’s an SL or ASL you can ask about any openings and make it known you submitted your application already if there are. 1; 2... 80 > Distance Sort by. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. My store has me, my ASL, and my SL and we struggle to maintain even bare minimum hours each week. For assistance with applying online, visit this page. The problem is that I haven’t received a response from them at all. To be considered for hire, candidates must provide the name, city, and state of their high school. Need accommodations with the … Can't tell if this is a troll post or not to be honest. Also make note of the amount of years known. x.

Some managers don't like follow up calls on applications (my SL and myself really don't). Dont do it unless you pretty much want your pay to be 20 percent off and you get 4 to 8 hours and I feel as though that is a stretch, It will be time.