13 Rock Salt Chewy Click here to review how to make the present perfect continuous. Exercise 1. Satisfy Copyright © Oxford University Press, .All Rights Reserved. Neucha The present perfect continuous is used to talk about actions which started in the past and are still happening, or which have recently stopped but have a result in the present: Click here to see the current stats of this English test. Escolar Indie Flower To talk about how much of something we have done or how many times we have done something (none, one, two, three, etc.) Look at the top of your web browser. I live in New York. Exo 2 We use both the present perfect simple (have or has + past participle) and the present perfect continuous (have or has + been + -ing form) to talk about past actions or states which are still connected to the present. Present Perfect Simple or Continuous Exercise SUBJECT + HAVE/HAS + BEEN + VERB+ING + THE REST She has been reading a lot recently TENSE USE EXAMPLE Present Perfect Simple 1 when the result of the action is important I’ve written a play Present Perfect Continuous 2 to describe how somebody or By the way, 10 have you eatenhave you been eatinghave you ate anything yet? Exercises: Simple present and present perfect Presente simple y presente perfecto Elige entre el presente perfecto o el presente simple. A: Well, I 7 've been done've done things've been doing things all day too, you know. Reenie Beanie I 3 've just been coming've just come've just coming home from work and I 4 haven't been havinghaven't hadhaven't been had the time to walk the dog yet. Jolly Lodger 9 Kurt went to Canada in 1991.; I didn't see you yesterday. 11 B: No, I haven’t. Choose the present perfect simple or continuous. 10 Bubblegum Sans English as a Second Language (ESL) > Present tenses > Present Perfect Simple and Continuous, Past Simple, What do you want to do? Henny Penny Cherry Cream Soda Present Perfect Simple or Continuous Exercise 3. Why don’t you take him for a walk? Download this exercise … Architects Daughter 4441. Boogaloo If not, could you get us something from the supermarket? Geography, history, politics, literature... Do not copy or translate - site protected by an international copyright. We can use either the present perfect simple or continuous for situations that started in the past and still continue. Russo One With dynamic verbs for situations that started in the past and still continue or have just finished, and often have present results. Rancho Click here to return to the list of English grammar exercises. A: 1 Have you takenHave you been takenHave you been taking the dog for a walk yet? 70 22 Special Elite '… 1 Where ____? Dancing Script With stative verbs (be, know, etc.) Present Perfect Simple or Continuous Exercise 1. 12 We use just for actions that happened a very short time ago. We use the present perfect continuous with dynamic verbs for situations that started in the past and still continue when we want to emphasise how long the situation has lasted. Click here to review how to make the present perfect. 8 Present perfect simple or continuous Complete with the right verb,using contractions for negative forms. 14 Amatic SC Luckiest Guy do you live have you lived 2 How long ____ here? Verb Tense Exercise 1 Simple Present and Present Continuous f t p Using the words in parentheses, complete the text below with the appropriate tenses, then click the "Check" button to check your answers. 40 Patrick Hand Click here to see the current stats of this English test Pinyon Script We often use the words never, ever, or before to talk about experiences. Close. for situations that started in the past and still continue. Black Ops One