When I saw this cake I had to try it. While the cake is baking, I make the frosting.

Your email address will not be published. I think it’s the frosting that always wins me over. German Chocolate Sheet Cake Homemade Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting. Stir in chocolate mixture and vanilla. 1 cup evaporated milk Add vanilla and mix well.Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. DO NOT USE A MIXER ON THIS PART!! Cool to room temperature.

When I was growing up, mama would make German Chocolate Cake on special occasions and the combination of pecans, coconut in the ooey-gooey topping would make my mouth sing! 1/2 cup butter This simple sheet cake recipe is incredibly good! Whisk in the melted chocolate mixture until combined.

I'm Kate Dean- mom to four young kids, recipe developer, and photographer. Cover bottom of 13x9-inch pan with parchment; spray sides of pan with cooking spray.

Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Optional Layer Cake: Of course, you can make this German Chocolate Sheet Cake as a traditional 3-layer cake. Southern, Morning Person, Jesus Girl, Frugal Party Planner, Writer/Blogger, Mom, Nana, Wife, Beach Bum Wannabe - Let's Have a Party! ","url":"https:\/\/www.anallievent.com\/german-chocolate-sheet-cake\/#mv_create_222_1"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"In the microwave, melt chocolate and water for 1 - 1-1\/2 minutes, or until melted and smooth. Add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour. Microwave chocolate in the water until chocolate is melted, about 1 minute and 30 seconds, depending on microwave.

Remove from the heat and stir in pecans and coconut. I always shake the pan halfway through the cooking time. 1 teaspoon baking soda

Cut into squares to serve. If you prefer a thinner cake, use the larger pan.

If you prefer a thinner cake, use the larger pan. If you want to frost the sides, be sure and grease the pan, line the bottom with parchment paper and grease the paper before adding the batter. This simple recipe makes moist German chocolate cake and a sweet, caramel coconut pecan topping. 2 packages sweet German Chocolate baking bars (4 oz. No part of this website may be reproduced without An Alli Event's express consent. If you’ve tried this German chocolate sheet cake recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. Overlook the toothpick holes. Add milk, sugar, vanilla and egg yolks and cook over medium heat for about 12 minutes, stirring constantly until thickened. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla until well-combined.

Whisk until well-combined. I have no idea where she found the recipe, but it’s a keeper. The sticky, sweet, ultra rich frosting is the best part of the cake. Your email address will not be published. In a separate large bowl, add oil, buttermilk, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Designed and Developed by PenciDesign, Copyright © An Alli Event 2013 All Rights Reserved. 1 tsp. American vanilla\r","1\/2 cup butter\r","1 cup chopped, toasted pecans\r","1-1\/3 cup sweetened, flaked coconut"],"recipeInstructions":[{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Grease a 13x9 pan and set aside. Since I love the combination of chocolate, coconut, and pecans so much, I’ve made German chocolate cookies, German chocolate bread pudding, German chocolate oatmeal, and German chocolate cake. Bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. In the microwave, melt chocolate and water for 1 - 1-1/2 minutes, or until melted and smooth. Spread topping over cake, and let cool to room temperature before serving. Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. My parties have to be fun, frugal and fabulous! I recommend using a metal baking pan in this recipe. Remove from heat and add coconut and pecans.

Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of the cake comes out clean. ","position":1,"name":"Grease a 13x9 pan and set aside.

German Chocolate Sheet Cake is easy to make and oh, so delicious! Cook for 10 minutes, whisking regularly, until mixture has thickened. I wanted to come up with a faster, simpler recipe that was still just as tasty. ","position":3,"name":"In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and...","url":"https:\/\/www.anallievent.com\/german-chocolate-sheet-cake\/#mv_create_222_3"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Not only is it a really tasty cake, but it also keeps well.

Sometimes I’m a lazy baker. Enter your name and email and get every new post delivered to your inbox... it's FREE! Learn how your comment data is processed. SPECIAL NOTE: If you’re making the three 9″ layers, you’ll want to let the frosting cool a bit to thicken.

So, this cake is a good choice if you need to make dessert ahead of time. Pecan-Coconut Frosting Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. 3 egg yolks Whisk in vanilla extract. Be sure and grease the pans, line the bottoms of the pans with parchment paper and grease that too. 2 cups sugar ","url":"https:\/\/www.anallievent.com\/german-chocolate-sheet-cake\/#mv_create_222_8"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"In a heavy saucepan, combine the milk, brown sugar, egg yolks, butter and vanilla. Thanks for stopping by An Alli Event!

Frost cooled cake.

(Stir halfway through)","position":2,"name":"In the microwave, melt chocolate and water for...","url":"https:\/\/www.anallievent.com\/german-chocolate-sheet-cake\/#mv_create_222_2"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Red Velvet Cake and Caramel Cake also share in my top cakes.

Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick, about 7-9 minutes OR until the mixture coats the back of a spoon.

Cook for 10 minutes, whisking regularly, until mixture has thickened. What makes this cake really special is the pecans I use. I'm Alli, a southern girl who loves to cook and entertain. My décor is always simple, yet stunning. Stir in chocolate mixture and vanilla. How to Make German Chocolate Sheet CakePreheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk until combined.

Required fields are marked *. Add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour.